shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My FINAL(LY) upgrade! 3.51 N OEC from Parks in DK octagon!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with OECs a few years ago, and dreamt of having real one "someday". And as I admired them on others , over time, I found myself drawn to the warmer stones, the "cape" colors...m, n,and down the line. To me there's something so magical and romantic in their soft warm hues.

The "new diamond" talk started at my house sometime last year, (instigated by him, if you can believe it!)
But shortly after our 25th anniversary last year, I began really looking.
This was truly so exciting for me, as I had sold my MRB 10 years before, and with raising kids , etc, a new diamond had been on the back burner a long time!
As I began looking, I realized I needed some guidance, so I started a PS thread seeking help, not sure what to make of table size and depth, etc in the oec cut.

I saw an IG post by Alex Parks back in August, a listing for 2 N color oecs...he was selling as a 7 carat pair. One of the stones caught my eye immediately, such beautiful flowery facets, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine...she would be the one! That IG post was mentioned by another PS member, "ask if he'll split them up" she suggested. That idea had never occurred to me! Maybe he would?
20191103_124655.png
At first he didn't want to split the pair, but Alex finally agreed.
And the GIA 3.51 N Si1 9.31x9.35, 49%table, 65.4% depth...she is mine! Sunny hued, large culet, kozibe effect, chunky facets.....I just love her!
20200207_103338.png
20190921_151719.jpg

I am so thankful to Amy at David Klass for being so patient with me. I had a few ideas but it took us months (and many cads) to get to the final design.
I love art deco, but couldn't decide how to set this stone. Finally went with something a little different for me : an octagon!
Enough backstory! Just wanted to fill you in so you know why this is such a thrilling, and long awaited, big deal for me! My "finally" upgrade!
I picked up the ring in LA on Friday, I will get better pics when I get home!
20200220_222751.png
20200222_102836.jpg

20200222_170513.jpg

Attachments

• 20200222_125402.jpg
    20200222_125402.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 99

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i saw this on IG this morning or was that yesterday.. the detail on the ring is exquisite- OEC in octagon my fav!!!. and that OEC! well done!!!! LOVE it all!!! enjoy..

the set is beautiful.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Greg!

I meant to post this in Show Me the Bling! How do I get it moved??

there is the blue "report button" athte bottom of each post. just above where i liked your last post... then type in where you want to move it to.. reason: posted in wrong forum.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I love the diamond, the setting, and the band you are wearing with your new ring!!!!! It is just perfect in every way!! Congrats!!!! You are really making me want an OEC... maybe a pendant. I will have to find one as close to yours as I can though not that large. I could stare at your diamond all day long... it's gorgeous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything about this is absolute Perfection! I just love it! Congratulations on a finding your gorgeous OEC and on designing this stunning setting for it! Wear it in much happiness @CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This turned out very very well! This is the best octagon bezel I have seen them produce, your persistence and communication about prong placement really paid off. I look forward to more glamour shots and your thought about wearing a ring with prongs again!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god that is stunning. Stunning! I've seen the various threads of your journey and it's so wonderful to see everything finally come together. I'm so pleased Alex finally agreed to split that pair (which I never thought were particularly well matched anyway) and I also agree it's clear you really taking your time with the setting paid off amazingly well. That setting is stunning - I love octagonals especially with older stones, it really suits them. That chunky crown is delicious!

Truly a beauty. Lovely band too! Made at the same time?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Those of you are curious about my eternity band: it's actually an original art deco ring, platinum, with oecs, seller estimated circa 1915. My dh bought it for me last year, and sweetly told me he wanted me to wear it forever. So I had to be sure this new ring would go well with her! I asked DK to make my sidestones also oecs, so they would look good with the eternity. I think the two rings look really great together!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your N OEC is stuNNiNg!!! :love:
Wear in blingy joy and good health!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, so glad you finally have it and it's exactly what you wanted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results