shape
carat
color
clarity

My final diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patrol

Rough_Rock
Hello All:
After a couple of months of waivering back and forth between purchasing a round brilliant H&A diamond or a cushion cut diamond, I think that I have finally found the perfect diamond for my girl. I have put a deposit down on the following Jubilee Cut diamond from GOG:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5656/

Jonathan sings this diamonds praises, and has told me that it is eye clean and is "the best darn SI he has ever seen." I have learned to trust his eye, but wanted to get the approval from those of you who have been advising me all along. What do you say?

Its a little steep at $9000/ct, but I''m thinking that may be do to the fact that the jubilee cuts just above the 1.5 mark are a bit harder to come by than the round brilliants. Does that price seem reasonable?

Finally, in terms of the setting, I think that I am going to buy that with a local jeweler as I have had a very difficult time getting a good feel for the settigns available at GOG. This seems to be the common experience of past p-scopers.

Alirght well thank you for your thought and well wishes. I''ll be sure to post the final product when all is said and done.

Sincerely, Patrol

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh that jubilee cut is sure a beautiful cut, that was one of my favorite cut.. Congrats on a beauty!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one gorgeous stone! I am jealous.
11.gif
As for price, all I know is from looking locally for fancies at one time, Jon''s prices are good.

Please come back and post pics when it''s done, I really want to see this beauty in its new home!!
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 7:16:35 AM
Author: Ellen
Wow, that is one gorgeous stone! I am jealous.
11.gif
As for price, all I know is from looking locally for fancies at one time, Jon''s prices are good.

Please come back and post pics when it''s done, I really want to see this beauty in its new home!!
30.gif

Ditto, it looks stunning, I would trust Jon he is such a nice person to deal with.

Just want to add if your going to do the setting locally please insure your diamond just in case as many jewelers will not take responsibility for diamond that are not their own when setting.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a really beautiful stone - can''t wait to see it on your hand!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! What a great compromise between the different cuts!

Patrol

Rough_Rock
Thank you all. I will get it insured first thing and am meeting with a local jewelry to get it set at the end of the week. When all is said and done, I''ll be sure to post some photos so that you can see the finsihed product. Take care, Patrol

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! What a beautiful choice! Can''t wait to see it on her finger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results