shape
carat
color
clarity

My fiance''s new art piece

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChicagoDan

Rough_Rock
Hi all!!

Last weekend I took my girlfriend for a wonderful weekend of camping at William OBrien State Park in Minnesota. On Saturday, we packed everything up for a day of fun in Minneapolis for my birthday (a convenient excuse to get her play along with camping plans). So we went around the neigborhood where I grew up to show her my old house, school and parks I played in. After this short tour we headed to Minneapolis and checked in at the Graves 601 hotel... Surprise! The camping trip was over. The Graves 601 is this modern art masterpiece in the warehouse district. We were on the 19th floor of the hotel in a corner room with a terrific view of the surrounding suburbs. Lets just say she was quite surprised and a little confused about what was going on. After a nice dinner, we headed to the Minnesota state fair for a little fun and just about any food you can ever imagine, and a few you wish you shoudn't... on a stick. When we got back to the hotel, we peeked out the window and saw the fireworks from the state fair which we watched with over a couple bottles of Spotted Cow beer (Wisconsin's best). A great end to a great day.

Sunday started with breakfast at Hell's Kitchen, which is the best breakfast place in Minneapolis. We headed back to the hotel and then went to the Walker Art Museum. Unfortunately, it started to rain, which worried me because that would have ruined my plans. Luckily, by the time we headed out to the sculputre garden, the rain had stopped. We walked around a bit and talked about the weekend. I told her that the weekend was actually all about her and that I wanted to give her an idea of where I came from and the guy she would spend her life with. I took her in front of the Spoonbridge and Cherry and got down on one knee. We both lost it and broke down emotionally. Yeah... I goofed and grabbed the wrong hand and she had to remind me to ask her after I put it on the right one. Anyhow, it was a perfect moment. By the time we got back inside and to the car, the rain was coming down again. I guess we had a little help from above.

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a grocery store to pick up some champagne, but found out that Minnesota is dry on Sundays... Darn! The rest of the day was great, but we were too emotionally spent to do anything exciting.

And now what you want to see. The engagement ring. It is a mix of details from several rings I have seen. It is custom made from Platinum. The main stone is an Asscher cut diamond. The details are below. There are four step cut sapphires on each side of the stone.

Asscher Cut
.70 ct
Clarity: VVS2
Colour: F
4.97x4.92x3.46
Depth 70.3%
Table width 72%
Crown height 11%
Pavilion depth 52%
Slightly thick girdle
Symetry and polish: VG
Culet None
Graining None
Flouresence None

Happy Fiance: Priceless!

Needless to say, she is totally head over heels over it and so is everyone else who has seen it.

Have a wonderful day!!

Dan
9.gif
10.gif

100_1717.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome asscher, love the sapphires too!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif
Congratulations!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I love it!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combination! I loved your proposal story, too! Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That was a terrific proposal and the ring is so pretty and unique! I really like the combination of the asscher with the sapphires - very well done!!! Congratulations.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME asscher. It''s really beautiful. Love the sapphire sidestones. What a great combination. Congrats
21.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty! Congratulations!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I''m from Wisconsin and I must say that Spotted Cow is NOT wisconsin''s finest. :) In fact its gatta be one of the worst beers we have..lol

I love the ring though. Its beautiful.

ChicagoDan

Rough_Rock
Its better than the crap Miller AB wants to call beer.

But the important thing here is the ring. Thanks for the compliments and congrats!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring too!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE it! Congratulations to you and your wife-to-be.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful asscher! The ring is gorgeous - the sapphire band is a really nice touch.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! What a great ring! ARe those asscher cut sapphires? (Or princess?) Either way they are fabulous!

ChicagoDan

Rough_Rock
They are step cut

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful proposal story! I loved it because I moved from San Francisco to Minneapolis/St. Paul for high school and college and your proposal story brought back soo many happy memories.

How could I forget to mention that ring?! It''s gorgeous and looks lovely on her hand. Congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results