shape
carat
color
clarity

my fiance''s engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

g2man

Rough_Rock

Thanks to Bob and John and the entire Whiteflash staff for making my first diamond purchase over the internet a pleasant and gratifying experience.

ACA 1.028 F/VS2
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.7
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Overall Depth: 60.6
Tiffany Knife Edge setting

kring1.jpg

g2man

Rough_Rock
pic#2

kring2.jpg

g2man

Rough_Rock
pic#3

kring3.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty stone! You forgot to mention another spec for you diamonnd...Sparkle: Lots!

Congratulations on your engagement.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful diamond! The setting is classic and so pretty too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great job--beautifully done. Congrats!!

cheers--SHARON

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Classic and timeless. Gorgeous purchase. You did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing.

it''s so pretty - love the 6 prongs! The box is nice too.
Tell us the proposal story!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. I love that setting. Please post hand pics when you can! Congratulations!

P.S. You (the man) are the "fiance", she is the "fiancee".

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
It look''s gorgeous, that''s a very similar ring to the one I''m looking to get, except for the cut. What''s the carat on that ring?

g2man

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately the "hand" is 4000 miles away and I won''t be able to put it on her finger until January 15, 2005.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2004 1
6.gif
6.gif
2 PM
Author: Fiance to be
It look''s gorgeous, that''s a very similar ring to the one I''m looking to get, except for the cut. What''s the carat on that ring?
The ring is 1.028 carat as g2man posted.

The ring is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the sparkles. Great Job.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Thanks qt, I'm still figuring this stuff out.

Congratulations again g2man, the diamond looks huge, wonderful cut!

g2man

Rough_Rock
FTB this is a great place to learn about diamonds. I want to thank not just WF but all the people here that contribute on a daily basis that make it possible for "average Joes" to learn and gain the knowledge to make wise decisions. I couldn't have done it without this place.

And the diamond probably looks bigger than it is because the ring size is really small so it gives the illusion that diamond is bigger than it really is. My fiance is only a size 3.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Conrats on your new purchase! Great job!
It is so sparkly- she''ll love it- good luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
might be good that''s she''s 4000 miles away, if you want to keep a secret..........that sparkle reaches at least 3500... i''m sure!!
congratulations!
36.gif

sdm

Rough_Rock
The stone looks much bigger than its actual size. I love the six prong setting.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Stunning. Classic. Perfect.
1.gif

Congrats--she will be floored.
9.gif
36.gif

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
emsmile.gif
emlove.gif
OMG!!!! I LOVE that setting! its is absolutly perfect G2! Congratulations on the upcomming engagement,, Ill be waiting to see hand pics once you propose!!!
anna
36.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
G2Man that is just stunning! that is my fave whiteflash setting, just gorgeous
30.gif
can''t wait to see pics on her hand...congrats
1.gif

g2man

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry but I don't have very romantic story about our engagement. My fiance lives in Japan and I live in the U.S. so we don't see each other too often but we do talk on the phone almost everyday.

I met her while she was on vacation in the U.S. in June. What makes her special is that I chose her myself. What I mean by that is that I would have picked her as someone I wanted to meet out of all the women I have ever met. Just about every person I've dated in the past 15 years has been someone that was a friend of someone, all women that other people thought I would like. I felt I was always trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. But with my fiance, I don't feel like I have to compromise anything, I loved her from the moment I met her.

I was actually doing a friend a favor when I met her. My friend couldn't be home due to a scheduling confict at work and was out of town so he asked me to take his friend (my now fiance) to dinner one night while she was here. I never even thought of this person as a date when my friend asked me to take her to dinner. But from the moment I saw her it was love at first sight.

I speak a little Japanese (I am Japanese-American) and I can understand the language better than I can speak it. But my fiance speaks very good English, she can speak to anyone and anyone can understand her as well. So we had dinner, did the long distance get to know each other thing for July-August, I went to Tokyo to visit her in September for a few days, long distance again Sep-Oct but now we're BF/GF, and she came to visit me in early November. With all the talking we've done on the phone, and we email everyday as well, I feel like I know her a lot better than GFs from the past. Talking an hour on the phone everyday makes you think about things to talk about and it really lets you get to know someone. Communication is so important and women have that emotional side where they like to talk to their man about all kinds of stuff so it really helped to solidify our relationship.

When she was here just two weeks ago I proposed. I wasn't sure I was going to do it but I was thinking about it and if it felt right, I wanted to do it. If you've ever been in a long distance relationship you know how hard it is and when you finally get to see the person, it's over so quickly. You wait 2 months to see someone and the week you have together is over in a flash.

When we're together it's a roller coaster of emotions. You're happy one minute, then if you even think about the day that the person visiting will be going home, it makes you really sad. So we're at my place and I'm packing some clothes because we're going to a really nice resort for a night. I'm thinking I'll propose at dinner, but I guess seeing me pack my clothes reminds her that she is going to be packing and leaving in a few days. So she starts crying and says she doesn't want to go home. So I ask her in Japanese to marry me...and she says yes.

We stop at the mall on the way to the resort to look at rings and she tells me what she would like. I call Whiteflash and the rest is history.

I'll see her next on January 15, 2005 and I'll get down on one knee and propose to her all over again at Narita Airport. It will probably embarrass the heck out of her since Japanese women don't like to attract a lot attention to themselves but we American men love our women so she'll have to live with it.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind wishes and support.

madarski

Rough_Rock
I think that''s a wonderful story, and very romantic!!! I love that you asked her in Japanese. Congratulations to you both. I wish you a long and happy life together.
30.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i think your ring is just beautiful. i love how the basket looks sort of like a little crown--it really showcases the diamond. and i have to tell you, when i first saw the picture i thought the stone was at least a 1.5 carat. it looks great!

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
AH! I finally have good photos showing exactly what the WF Tiffany Knife Edge setting looks like. It looks stunning! Absolutely stunning!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Are you sure thats a 1 ct b/c it looks like a 2. Oh how I wish my fingers were that too small, too bad mine are twice that size. Excellent choice!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
A real classic. Love it, love it, love it!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results