shape
carat
color
clarity

My Favorite Chokers

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun, these are chokers from my "collection" -- photos mostly from Christies & Sotheby's catalogs. I adore chokers. If anybody knows background on some, would love to hear it. You're welcome to add your favorite ones.

--- Laurie

Diamond & gold choker.jpg

Diamond & cultured pearl choker, $15K - $20K.jpg

emerald choker, old mine cut diamonds.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A few more.

Ruby & diamond choker.jpg

Sapphire-Diamond choker, Queen Ellena of Savoie, Q. of Italy.jpg

Schlumberger choker, lapis & bow clasp1.jpg

Schlumberger choker, lapis & bow clasp2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
And the last, but not least!

ph2080262090031751182.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi JF! :wavey:

All so drool worthy! :cheeky: :cheeky:

I think the second one looks like kind of a deal, if it's estimate is 15-20K!

LOVE the ruby one! :love:

I've added this one, it's totally not in the same league as the ones you are listing, but it is one of my favorites! This is Manet's Olympia, I'm sure you've seen it. I'm hoping the Manet connection will make it fit in with all your lovely pics! :bigsmile:

I'm posting it, because I made it's twin with some black velvet and a large circled pearl (a cheapie). My DD wears it all the time, and she gets a LOT of compliments on it!

manet_olympia.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty, iLander! What a very cool idea to make one yourself. I'm never that clever!

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! I love the large sapphire - perfect colour, in my opinion, and it glows! I also love the garland choker.

I wear a hammered silver choker a lot. It is comfortable and looks nice with jeans or a LBD. Since I wear a lot of black tops, it shows up very nicely.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous JewelFreak! I've always heard of necklaces that can be converted into tiaras. I wonder if chokers could be attached to a frame and worn as a tiara? Some of your picks would look great as tiaras!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Princess-Diana-1984.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
DIAMOND%20AND%20EMERALD%20ART-DECO%20CHOKER2.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
73389978%20-%20Copy.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
diana_0.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
YAYYY DANNY! You got pics up!! The sapphire choker & the one w/the ruby -- what do you call 'em? -- supports, bridges? spacers? have always been some of my favorites of Diana's jewelry. She didn't have a Consuelo Vanderbilt neck (who did, except Audrey Hepburn?) but close enough; they looked wonderful on her.

Thanks for the photos.

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
73391373.jpg

Laruie, thanks for your help! I'm still figuring it out. It took me like an hour do do that. I had to make copies of some things and put them in the right file and on and on, but you're most welcome. Hopefully, it will get easier for me the more I try.

This picture, to me, shows what a beautiful neck Diana had. I know it's a cliche but I don't think we're going to see the likes of her again. It could truly be a long, long time.

A legendary beauty, an icon, someone who will live in the people's hearts forever.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pic, Danny. I agree w/you, though like the rest of us, she wasn't perfect. Maybe that makes what she gave even more important.

Delighted you are on the right track with photos! Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick but can be irritating sometimes. The hard part for me is that they show on the post in the opposite order to which you uploaded them, so we have to remember to do it backwards, if their order matters to our point in the post. Often I end up deleting them all & starting again, aaargh. Mind like a sieve!

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I miss Diana . . . :nono:

She had spunk, and grace, and real heart.

I'm not so crazy about this Kate chick, she seems a little fakey to me, not nearly as "real" as Diana.

And I HATE Camilla with the heat of a thousand suns!!! Disgusting old bag . . .

Sorry, but she makes me mad. . . :|

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1292417956|2797469 said:
I agree w/you, though like the rest of us, she wasn't perfect. Maybe that makes what she gave even more important.
--- Laurie

Such wise words. My religion (TMI!) teaches me that none of us is perfect. Diana had a sense of pathos about her. Her death broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results