shape
carat
color
clarity

My Experience with Brian Gavin Diamonds (BGD)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cheradrian

Rough_Rock
Trade
I wanted to take a moment to share my wonderful experience with Brian Gavin Diamonds.

I reading the many rave reviews and recommendations for Brian and Lesley here on PS, I decided to work with Brian Gavin Diamonds for my first major diamond purchase, an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I found their website through Google and contacted them via email through their blog and website, http://www.brianthecutter.com and http://www.briangavindiamonds.com respectively. In the initial email, I introduced myself and explained my requirements and what I was looking for. Shortly afterward, I received a reply from Lesley. Although I read that "she never sleeps" and thought it was an exaggeration, after receiving this first email, I really thought it was true; and later in the process she would continue to prove it to me with her rapid responsiveness and excellent customer service. We went over my requirements and she provided me a list of stones they currently had in-house. I replied back with a list of 4 that I wanted more information on, specifically Idealscope, ASET, Sarin, and AGS reports on. Of the 4, I had one in particular in mind and the next step was the setting. Lesley and I traded emails for a while until I found the one I wanted. After discussing pricing, I was delightfully surprised at their competitive pricing. As a result, my budget allowed me to look for a slightly larger diamond. In my search, I expressed a concern about a cavity listed on the AGS report of a stone and Brian and Lesley went above and beyond my expectations. Within a day, Brian took a number of pictures of the cavity at 70x magnification for me. We then talked on the phone for nearly an hour discussing the stone and he assured me it was beautiful stone and completely eye-clean. He was extremely passionate about his work, you could hear the conviction in his voice. I was sold. Ultimately, Lesley found a perfect stone that fit both my requirements as well as my budget. She was also very open to modifications I requested with the setting, prong modifications, and setting a secret sapphire inside the band.

Once the setting was completed and the diamond was set, I contact Lesley again requesting a couple photos to be taken. Lesley emailed me a day later with a beautiful photoshoot, again beyond my expectations. Afterward, the engagement ring was shipped thousands of miles from Houston to Honolulu. To my surprise and excitement, it arrived in a day. Unboxing the package was an amazing and breathtaking experience. The diamond sparkled more beautifully than I could have ever imagined. Everything was professional, triple boxed, and wrapped. And there were a couple extras that I did not expect to find like a H&A viewer.

As you can see, despite all of my changes and indecision, Brian and Lesley were very patient and understanding throughout the entire process, they truly provided a "personalized diamond experience".

And most of all, to Brian and Lesley, thank you very much for such wonderful service!

BrianGavin_Truth001a.jpg

BrianGavin_Truth002.jpg

BrianGavin_Truth003a.jpg

BrianGavin_Truth9a.jpg

BrianGavin_Truth5.jpg

Bracelet1ab.jpg

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
WOW, a gorgeous solitaire!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
You GF is going to LOVE it!!!
36.gif

Love the "Will you marry me" bracelet too!!
30.gif
30.gif
So cute
3.gif
Is it made by BGD?

BTW, is there a name for this solitaire? How wide is the shank?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous ring and gorgeous bracelet! Well done. Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and bracelet!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful; these guys seem to be a tough game to beat right now.

Congratulations!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgeous and the bracelet is sooooo sweet. I love how you added the dolphin to go along with the occasion.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, look at those little heart-shaped prongs! Perfect!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, I hadn''t seen the bracelet before. I do love the heart prongs Cheradrian, and so loved reading your story with the proposal!

The ring is stunning. Truly.

Best wishes and congratulations!

tarator

Rough_Rock
What is the difference between buying from Brian Gavin and his company WhiteFlash? I am guessing buying from Gavin directly, you are able to buy a more customized diamond and ring for a slightly higher price?

oneeyejack

Rough_Rock
brian is no longer with whiteflash. he used to work there but ventured out on his own. all his work is done through his own company, brian gavin diamonds. the prices that he has on his site or quotes are not associated with whiteflash pricing.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad you had such a good experience. The ring is stunning and, as my grandfather used to say "you done good".

climbman

Rough_Rock
Very impressive looking, from the perspective of this complete amateur. If you don''t mind my asking, what setting did you start with and what modifications did you request? Thanks!

gummyfrogs

Rough_Rock
i LOVE your ring! brian and lesley did a fabulous job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results