shape
carat
color
clarity

My experience at Fidelity Diamond today......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Save yourself the trip!
errrr.gif
I wish we knew what we were in for!

After scheduling an appointment on Friday and being told that there were tons of antique style wedding sets, we decided to take a ride over to NJ - Fidelity Diamond....on Saturday.

All the anticipation - finally going to see what this place is all about!
It was nothing like I pictured.. I pictured a large store, a huge selection, etc. - take a look at the photo of the store front, we were shocked! This place is inside of a building, the top floor, not even the whole building - The building was run down and dated and smelled musty.

We waited in a small room until called and read their outdated magazine about their policy about diamonds, etc. and how going to them is like going to 20 jewelry exchanges....
do you know how many diamonds they showed us?
......... 2
First they showed us settings ( i brought pictures of styles i wanted) and they were in 2 (count them, 2) black boxes and were all very basic, very skinny rings; not even wedding sets as i was told!
When I showed the rep. pictures of what I wanted, bec. I have details of what i''m looking for, she basically (in other words) told me that i''m not going to find it and pressured me to basically pick one of their settings... no thanks!

Then the rep. suggested we see the diamonds in the settings to get a better idea. Well we drove the hour, why not?
2 whole diamonds! Woopee! and Way Overpriced!
They wanted almost $8k for 1.22 D, SI2 and $10k for a
1.51 G diamond. Now I know that is overpriced because I checked online vendors'' inventory and they were much cheaper than these prices - I knew I could get a better deal online and it wasn''t worth it.
At that point we left.

All i can say is, it was like an 80''s time warp.....unexpected..
I am glad to say that I checked it out and can now get that off as a possibility for our diamond/set purchase! So save yourself a trip and gas and toll money!
wavey.gif

DSCN1274.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, dear. sorry to hear that jewelgirl!!! if you're willing to leave the city to shop maybe next time try GOG! im sure you'd have a much better experience there.

i assume she showed you rounds and not cushions?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
YES, definitely give GOG a try!!! Not only are they the most wonderful people to deal with, they also have a huge selection. And if you're thinking of cushions, it might be worth a look at the new square H&A cushion they carry.

I don't live anywhere near there, but on a recent trip to NYC I decided I just had to check out this place for myself. It was definitely worth the drive out!
1.gif

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
I know, it was a disappointment. I want to meet w/ Mark as you suggested.... one of these days. soon...

i really thought this place would be good.
Yesterday I went to a jewelers exchange in massapequa and it was very weird, people grabbing you here and there, see this what do you want? it was funny....

anyway all the settings were chincy and flea market quality...
i got a quote for a 2 carat D diamond $6000. - what a deal!
obviously you can't trust these people! When she gave me her businss. card i said, oh that's your name? she said you know us? i said no, i just check companies on the better busine.s bureau site first, she got very very flustered - she said, why would you do that? i said to see if they got any complaints - it's a lot of money i am spending, she was acting funny after that - then she said if i wanted a GIA stone that i would have to pay 400 extra and wait up to six weeks extra and if someone came w/ cash she'd sell it to them first.

You know what? i am so SICK of these lousy people! I just want to find someone trustworthy and someone that i like to do business with and someone who offers high quality merchandise at fair prices. Any recommendations???
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results