shape
carat
color
clarity

My eternity bands... whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
The jeweler just delivered my eternity bands, and I am torn... I love the way the rings all look together, and he set them low like I asked so that they wouldn't have too much of a gap w/ my ering.
He ended up stagering the prongs so they would sit closer, and I am just not sure that I like it. I don't know, I just need some other opinions I suppose.
They are just under a carat each, so he came down on the price a bit for us since we wanted a full carat or a little over, but the size is ok now that I see them all together.
Sorry, I know I am rambling, I am so excited to have them, but do you think I should keep them, or have them reset? (He said he would reset them, no problem if I wanted, I just don't know if it is necessary)

Thanks for looking!

(eta: or should I stick with my plan and tell him I want them bigger? will .25 tcw make enough of a visual difference?)

hilbands.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You mean you don't like the staggered prongs? The photo is very enlarged and I wonder if you'd even notice this once you are wearing them. Of course, you want to be 100% happy with your purchase. I think they've very pretty. Personally I would like the prongs to by symmetrical but I don't know what your jeweler was trying to accomplish. It doesn't seem it would matter where the prongs are located--if they are going to hit something, they will still hit.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think they look lovely...and if I were you, I''d be perfectly happy.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
here is a full hand shot swingirl, I am a pretty symetrical person myself, that''s where the whole 2 band think came in!
Italia, thanks, I do love them, but am such a perfectionist! maybe I''m just being crazy
emembarrassed.gif

fullhandshot.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure I understand what he did with the prongs, either...I just don''t see where having them all even would make a difference. I do like the size of the bands relative to the size of your e-ring, though.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I see the further away shot...can you even tell that the prongs are not symetrical from a normal distance?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I really like it. I think the prongs are interesting. I''m not entirely sure what the jeweller has done, but it''s cool looking.

Can you wear them for a couple of days to see what you think of them in real life?

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I like it. I think it looks really nice and I have not ever seen one like that before. That makes it one of a kind.
cwj

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand why the prongs had to be uneven. What does that do?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think it looks bad, I just think that the traditional type shared prong setting is probably safer for your stones. If you look at the way the stones are set now, each stone is being held in place by two prongs. In a traditional shared prong, each stone is held in place by four prongs (albeit- shared).

It''s totally up to you.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
i like the size of them relative to your ering - any bigger and they might start to take away from your center stone.

as for the prongs - it seems to me like you''re not *thrilled* with them, and you should be!
it''s a matter of personal preference i guess. maybe, as addy suggested, you can wear them a few days and see if you''re still unsure?

i have to say, though, were the rings mine, i''d have them reset with the prongs made smaller and perfectly aligned...

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 4:30:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Compare to this:

http://www.memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=1629

Prong tips should be smaller and I cannot understand why he did not make them symmetrical. I really think it depends on how picky you are. But as sorry as I am to say it, I would not be happy with them. You should be 100% satisfied.
I agree... sorry!
emembarrassed.gif

I do think they are a good size to go with your ering though.

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
I love the carat weight with your ering, but I have to say those prongs would drive nuts. I am perfectionist when it comes to prongs.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends on whether it bugs you or not. You probably can''t notice the prongs from normal viewing distance, but for me I would want them symmetric. I''m a bit anal like that.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I think they look great with your e-ring! The size is perfect and I love that there are two!

Honestly, though, I would not be happy with those prongs. I think the prongs are too large and I am not crazy about them being staggered, either. If I were you I would consider going with Signed Pieces/www.thefacetscollection.com or another vendor who regularly produces eternity bands. I''m sorry to be a negative Nellie...

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to everyone for the opinions. I've been wearing them around today as we went to run errands, and I have to say, it isn't bothersome from a "normal" viewing distance but I really do think I am going to see if he can make the prongs smaller and symetrical. I think I will bring him pics of some of the ones I've seen on here so he knows exactly what I want. I think he can do it, and he said there is a life-time guarentee on them, and is very eager to please, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

And please, no apologies! I was thinking the same thing, but thought I was being too picky!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would bug me too, and no your are not being too picky. These are your eternity bands, glad to hear he is eager to please. Bringing pics will be a big help. The size of the stones are perfect. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
1.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 3:08:09 PM
Author: happy in love
here is a full hand shot swingirl, I am a pretty symetrical person myself, that''s where the whole 2 band think came in!

Italia, thanks, I do love them, but am such a perfectionist! maybe I''m just being crazy
emembarrassed.gif

IMHO it looks great. I like that 2 band on each side look also.. it makes it look more balanced.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Compare to this:

Prong tips should be smaller and I cannot understand why he did not make them symmetrical. I really think it depends on how picky you are. But as sorry as I am to say it, I would not be happy with them. You should be 100% satisfied.
Ditto.

And YES you are prefectionistic, and NO there is nothing wrong with that! I also would get it changed, glad to see you reached a decision.

PS: love the size of the current rings, looks perfect with your e-ring.

DD

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
So, I emailed my jeweler photos of what I was looking for as far as the prongs go for the bands. He just emailed back saying he is starting new ones right now, and I can hang on to my originals until they are done. I sent him the memoire and a few others too, so hopefully it will work out this time.
Everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me!
9.gif

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thats fantastic! I can''t wait to see the new ones!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad! It is really important for you to be 100% happy.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 6:39:48 PM
Author: happy in love
So, I emailed my jeweler photos of what I was looking for as far as the prongs go for the bands. He just emailed back saying he is starting new ones right now, and I can hang on to my originals until they are done. I sent him the memoire and a few others too, so hopefully it will work out this time.
Everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me!
9.gif
I''m really glad you are having them remade. If you are a perfectionist, those offset, wonky prongs would make you crazy.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad your getting what you want.
2.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty hand shot. I love the look of all three rings together. With three you have several combinations to pick from!! Lucky you!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I think the staggered prongs would totally bug me. I feel like he couldn''t figure out how to get it right, so he kind of jockeyed them. At any rate, don''t sacrifice a well made set for excitement of having them *now*. If he said he''d reset it, have him reset them, because if they are bothering you now, they are going to bother you in 10 years and it''ll be too late to fix it.

I don''t want to come across as mean, but it doesn''t look right.

Of course the "look" is gorgeous & once the prongs are right, you are going to have a knockout set. Your taste is gorgeous!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 6:04:26 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Compare to this:

I agree... sorry!
emembarrassed.gif

I do think they are a good size to go with your ering though.

I agree as well. The size is proportional to your beautiful ring, but not sure about the prongs on the bands
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results