shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring update - solitaire to halo, kind of!

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Late last year I had been on the lookout to update my engagement ring. It was a 1.13 ct solitaire in a six prong platinum band.
I was not going to change the stone, just update the setting. I wore it with two platinum bands, and two channel set eternity rings!! It was grand for a while, but it got to the stage that you were looking at a lot of metal on my hands, and not a lot of diamonds.

After much looking at halo's, single and double, single and split bands and shanks, my head was spinning, nothing quite fit! I then came across a picture of an earring jacket, I can't remember who posted it, but it really caught my eye! No matter what I was looking at I kept coming back to it.

I was looking for ages and kept coming back to the earrings. I took all my choices to my local jeweller, and after much discussion and many visits, we went with the jacket design!

He is a local independent jeweller where i live, and he couldn't have been nicer. My original plan was to wear all the rings, but my two eternity rings just didn't go, so it's back to the plain bands with it.

Ring details: centre stone 1.13ct round brilliant, I can't find the cert, but it is very good quality. 10 x .10 ct round brilliants for the halo. 2.13ct total. Platinum band and setting.

_29792.jpg

_29793.jpg

_29794.jpg

_29795.jpg

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
My oh my that is pretty! :love:

Glad you were able to find a design you love! Wear it in good health! xoxo

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
A Few More!

_29796.jpg

_29797.jpg

_29798.jpg

_29799.jpg

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Last ones, my hand shots!

_29800.jpg

_29801.jpg

_29802.jpg

_29803.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my.... That is perfection!! It is completely transformed & has an entirely different presence! Mostly I love the under side of the basket. Craftsmanship at its finest. I agree about it looking at its best with the plain bands. It doesn't need any competition :love:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my! Great design!!! Love it!!! And I agree with prior post by Alex T, the underside of the basket is spectacular. Congrats!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out really pretty! Love the cathedral sides on it also. Great update!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! It came out beautifully! :appl:

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! A definite difference - enjoy!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is incredible and it gives your diamond an entirely different look. It even looks great upside down and it is lovely on your hand with the plain bands. Nice transformation!!!

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words about my engagement ring. I am delighted with it, and i think its here to stay!!!

Alex T & SparklySoprano, thank you for the lovely comments about the basket, i am looking at it in a whole new light!! There are so many wonderful rings here with intricate baskets, i never thought mine measured up, but it has bade me look at it with new eyes!

tyty333, i was never quite sure what the sides were called, they are lovely, not visible at all from the top, but from the front they do add to it.

I may be rethinking looking at diamond bands to it for now!!! I will have to think of a new project to keep me busy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results