shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring, thanks to DCD...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
... and my wonderful husband-to-be, of course!

I brought Pricescope to my fiance's attention back in November, and after a lot of combined research here and elsewhere, we settled on the following diamond from Dirtcheapdiamonds.com, which was presented to me on December 18th, late at night in the Public Gardens of Boston Common, amid trees lit up by thousands of white Christmas lights:

Shape: Round Brilliant
Certification: AGS
Carat Weight: 1.120
Color: F
Clarity: SI1 (oh-so-eye-clean!)
Measurements: 6.66x6.72x4.09
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56%
Polish: ID
Symmetry: ID
Girdle: 1.5-2.1
Fluorescence: None
Culet: Pointed
Crown Angle: 35 degrees
Pavillion Angle: 40.4 degrees

We had the diamond set in a simple, white gold 6-prong (I like the symmetry of 6 prongs) until we can design our own setting in platinum. This diamond exhibits H&A (see pictures below), but isn't a true H&A - from DCD's "Signature Series Ideal Cut" selection.

My fiance's experience (he wouldn't let me have anything to do with it) with Jim at DCD was wonderful - he raved about customer service and responsiveness, Jim's "straight talk," and the speed at which we were able to get our diamond even during the crazy holiday season. We noticed that DCD had neglected to include the promised H&A viewer with the ring, but after a quick phone call, a H&A viewer and a loupe arrived on our doorstep. My fiance is so pleased with his experience with DCD that he's said "I'll definitely be doing business with them again - which is good news for both Jim and you!" Works for me!
2.gif

This diamond is GORGEOUS. It sparkles like mad (my priority), looks icy clear, and I hate to say it, but sometimes I think it's almost TOO big! Really, it's just perfect for me.

Thanks to everyone here for the fantastic store of knowledge you're so willing to share with all of us - we were able to set realistic goals and priorities (for an H, SI1, ~1 carat) and ended up with a great deal on something even better! I'm the type that likes to know as much as possible about something before I invest in it (whether it's a new camera, new technology, or a diamond) and PS really helped me (and therefore, my now-fiance) with that. Thank you!!

A few pictures (to follow)...

[EDITED: to remove picture links and post them below]

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a winner!
appl.gif

Can't see the pics.
6.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh! I can't see the pics either! Diamond withdrawl...
cry.gif

It sounds lovely, and I want to see it!!!
9.gif

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
You guys are quick! I'll try uploading the files...

But I guess I have to do it one at a time - sorry about that!

llring2.jpg

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
Another...

llring4.jpg

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
On my finger (and looking rather small):

llring5.jpg

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
From DCD:

diamond-firescope.jpg

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
Another from DCD:

lldiamondarrows.jpg

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
This is it for now:

llring6.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
What a wower!!! Congrats! That thing really sparkles! Wear it in good health and may you and your hubby to be both cherish it! You'll have to post some more about the details of the engagement and details coming for the wedding! Again, all the best to you two!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and WOW...

Hodne

Rough_Rock
*Drool*
love.gif

Got some sideshots?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats, Nice Rock..
21.gif

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
Hodne: We haven't got any side shots currently, but I think a photo shoot can be arranged...
3.gif

Thank you all for the positive feedback - we really are thrilled with this rock!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Glad to hear rave reviews on the process and company as well. Enjoy!

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
I'm going a little crazy with the photo thing, but here are some I just took - with a not-so-fancy camera, even! It could be a little cleaner, and the fluorescent lighting in my office don't exactly help, but you get the idea. Again, the setting is temporary, but it's working out nicely for now.

Thanks for your interest!

llring7.JPG

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
Side shot:

llring8.JPG

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
Final, blurry side-angle:

llring9.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful! I love how well the arrows show up in the photos.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice! Is it one of DCD's Signature stones? Very great sparkles, congrats on your engagement and a wonderful stone!
1.gif

LushLvr

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Yes, Mara, it's one of DCD's Signature Series stones - close but not quite true H&A. Not that it really matters, of course, because the arrows look perfect to me!
1.gif

I've been on the hunt for ideas for a setting, but haven't quite decided yet, though I've gotten quite a few ideas We've got time - the wedding won't be until next spring, likely - but it's so much fun to dream about all the details!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
What a sparkler!!
love.gif

Congrats on your Engagement!! Wear that beauty for many years in good health!!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great!! The Signature line can represent great deals on lovely stones. I like to call them 'Almost H&A's but some of the patterns are very nice indeed!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results