carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring reset is finished!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK! So a short (long) back story…

My original engagement ring is the 3 stone pictured. It was the best DH and I could afford at the time, a .77ct centre with two .40ct sides in 18ct. They were OK cuts, with visible inclusions and H-I colour, and I loved it. LOVED it. I still do!

A few years ago we sold the diamonds, and I purchased three of BGD’s beautiful Signature cut AGS000 stones, which my jeweller put into my setting for me (I’m in Australia). The ring was then a .70ct centre flanked by .35ct and .37ct sides, the carat weight difference further highlighting the average cut of the previous stones, as beautiful as they were to me. I was more in love with it than ever.

Fast forward to the last year or so, I have a few white gold/diamond pieces, which I’m not a huge fan of with all of my yellow gold. I have acquired a few rose gold pieces, which I have always loved from afar, but wasn’t sure if it was a passing trend, or a forever type thing. I now adore it, and have often longed for a collection of jewellery that is exclusively rose and white gold (I MUCH prefer white gold mixed with rose, as opposed to yellow). I rarely wore my poor engagement ring, and instead opted for my rose gold band, and diamond eternity ring.

Our 10 year wedding anniversary was on November, and I had faffed around thinking about a piece of jewellery to mark the occasion. As I have a wedding set, eternity ring, diamond studs and tennis bracelet which I wear regularly, as well as lots of yellow gold stuff…there was absolutely nothing I really wanted in addition. My thoughts then turned to resetting my engagement ring into rose gold, then the cogs really started to turn along with craving something a bit blingier, and I thought about adding in my Whiteflash studs, also AGS000 stones (.54ct and .56ct) which match beautifully with the ones in my engagement ring, as all 5 are eye clean I and J colours. DH contentedly went along with whatever made me happy, so I ended up going down various avenues to sell all of my yellow gold (except for a few sentimental pieces) which happily, almost completely funded the reset.

I am so happy with the final outcome. I really wanted to keep all of the design elements of my original ring…the 6 prongs on each stone, the crown setting, the scalloped base of each crown, and the tiny cut outs in the sides of the band. My original prongs were a bit blobby and clumsy, and he refined them for me too. I think he really delivered.

engagementringvaluation.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the final product! I am thrilled. Thank you so much to @mrs-b , @Niel , @Alex T , @Lookinagain , @thecat and @hathalove , for your input and honest opinions in my initial thread. I’m so grateful to you all, and am humbled to have the opportunity to own something so beautiful. My DH is glad I am so happy, but he doesn’t share my enthusiasm for jewellery, so it’s so great that I can share my excitement here. I likened my reset to the new wheels he recently purchased for his Mustang, and he now ‘gets it’ (sort of).

The stats are:

0.354cts AGS000 I VS2 (4.61mm)

0.541cts AGS000 J SI1 (5.30mm) (originally a stud earring)

0.703cts AGS000 J SI1 (5.73mm)

0.560cts AGS000 I VS2 (5.32mm) (originally a stud earring)

0.372cts AGS000 I SI2 (4.65mm)

And now begins the thrill of the hunt to replace a few of my favourite yellow gold pieces with rose gold ones! I’m hoping to acquire a rose gold band to wear with my new ring, a rose gold bangle, and maybe some baby bezel studs.

Thank you to all who read and survived the novel!

PS - Excuse the blurry pics, they were the best I could manage with a crummy iPhone and a hungry toddler! 27721447_10156010560134687_988242484_n.jpg 27591425_10156010560219687_409243164_n.jpg 27658512_10156010559134687_965350402_n.jpg 27591156_10156010559339687_403158414_n.jpg 27661480_10156010558059687_260344586_n.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been having heaps of fun playing with different stacks, but I find I'm heading back to basics and a plain rose gold band is really doing it for me. I think I'll get a smaller version of the one I already have.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shooooooot this is so huge

I love the plain band

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel I do too! I'm finding my tastes in jewellery are scaling back a lot to classic looks and fewer but more substantial pieces. And this sucker is pretty substantial! When I first saw it I was worried it was too, too big, but it is super comfy, the diamonds don't poke my other fingers at all, and after wearing it for a few hours, I'm already used to the size.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah that's lovely! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary and having a husband who doesn't quibble even he doesn't "get" it!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! Looks amazing and I am so happy you are happy with it. I think it looks great with both the plain band and also those smaller diamond bands. My fav is with the plain rose band. So classic and clean. Love!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Niel I do too! I'm finding my tastes in jewellery are scaling back a lot to classic looks and fewer but more substantial pieces. And this sucker is pretty substantial! When I first saw it I was worried it was too, too big, but it is super comfy, the diamonds don't poke my other fingers at all, and after wearing it for a few hours, I'm already used to the size.

Gorgeous ring and I loved how you repurposed all the diamonds into this setting. It has great finger coverage and looks lovely on your hand. I adore the row of big bling!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox thank you, yes he's thankfully a pretty easy going guy :D

@hathalove thank you once again! Yep, that's my favourite look too, I'll definitely get a more fitting plain band to go with the new bling.

@Sparkles88 I loved my studs, but they are such beautiful stones I think I'll get much more enjoyment out of them this way! Thank you for the lovely comments.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this has worked out utterly beautifully!! I absolutely LOVE it & I'm so glad you bit the bullet & followed your heart! The proportions are perfect & what an impact it has! Definitely one of my new favourites. It's so eyecatching with the plain band & a complete classic.

Well done & make sure you regularly wipe your dribble off your chin when you catch sight of your hand!

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Now that's finger coverage! What a beautiful band of bling! Congratulations on both the anniversary and the reset.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T that last bit of your post cracked me up! Thank you once again!

Thanks @Nitedula , it sure has some presence! It's tough but I'm getting used to it, tee hee!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully! I love it with all of your bands!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andi, it's beautiful! I love it.. happy 10th.. your taste is exquisite!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and HUGE! Love the rose gold too...the plain band with it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Happy 10th anniversary! I love all the bands with it too especially the classic elegant band. Perfection.:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DanDiAnDi - how lovely! The finger coverage is excellent but not, in my opinion, too much. I agree re the rose gold ring looking best, but I'd be careful to get a heavy rose gold ring, so it sits further off your finger than a thinner ring, and doesn't get visually swallowed by your new 5 stone.

Here's what would be my pick for this - and I have one of these rings and they're perfect:

https://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168910.html

If you need help getting one of these from the US to Australia, let me know. You have my email address and I can help you out with shipping this.

Either way, tho, I love your new ring - congratulations!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful @DanDiAnDi!!! I am so glad you were able to do this wonderful upgrade. Everything about it is lovely! I love all your bands with it and especially the plain band. It is funny to me that that is the one that really appeals to me because I am such a bling girl. The more the merrier! It is such a great juxtaposition of the sparkle and the shine. Really awesome. I hope you enjoy looking at it for many years to come!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I mostly lurk here nowadays but simply had to post when I saw your lovely ring!! Aaamaazing! I love the change to rose gold. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. :wavey:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring looks great. Congratulations on 10 years!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favorite combo with your new reset.:
7B18C60E-301A-45B9-B781-843CFE9FA000.jpeg
I believe adding some texture to your band(s) will make a subtle, yet substantial, statement with your new, beautiful ring, without stealing the show.
If you decide on a plain RG band, I suggest either keeping it brushed, rather than smooth & shiny, or even getting something with some engraved pattern. Something with a little bling would look great, too, without overshadowing your 5 stone; rather, complimenting it.
This ring from Tiffany & Co. immediately comes to mind:
http://www.tiffany.com/engagement/womens-wedding-bands/etoile-diamond-ring-GRP08952

Whatever you decide, your new reset is absolutely gorgeous, and will be the center of attention!!
Wear it in good health!
Happy Anniversary! Blessings to you both for a lifetime more of happiness (and bling)!! My DH doesn’t “get it”, either, but he accepts my love for all things that sparkle, and he spoils the crap out of me!
Cheers to having husbands who don’t have to “get it” to make us happy!!! :mrgreen2:
Please come back, after you decide on a new band, and share!!! ;)2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SO beautiful!. Your hands are gorgeous! Well thought out...and fabu results. Nice to want what you have an your re-purposing did the trick! Enjoy.

cheers--Sharon

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous upgrade and I love the setting!! I love the rose gold band but you definitely have lots of options :P2.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and huge amount of bling across your finger! Beautiful! I love rose gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I am also a big fan of white and rose gold together! Really nice choice for your new setting!

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
Your new reset is amazing! Looks very substantial and classic. The rose gold contrast is beautiful with the crisp white diamonds. Congrats on you 10 year anniversary :clap:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reset is gorgeous! It looks fabulous with your bands too. Happy Anniversary too. :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful Dandiandi! I love that you kept the sentiment of your original setting and just added to it...perfection!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :appl: Fabulously blingy yet tasteful! And I really like the profile with the scallopy prongs. :kiss2: My favorite band pairings are the rose gold band (so elegant) and the two skinny diamond bands (so delicate). The two stacks offer quite different but equally beautiful looks. Congratulations on 10 years of marriage and on this stunning re-set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results