shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring pictures!!!

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
As promised, the story and pictures!!

So, we checked into our hotel and arrived in the most beautiful spa suite ever with an amazing view of the Las Vegas strip. We checked in kind of late so we decided to relax for a few and get ready for dinner. When I took my shower, I pointed the shower head so that the water went out of the shower, so I called housekeeping to come clean it while we were at dinner (sounds irrelevant but its not). My now-FI had made reservations at the steakhouse in the hotel (I figured it was because he assumed we'd be tired from the trip and it was best to just stay close that night). In the middle of dinner, someone from the hotel (who was working at the restaurant) came over and said "Mr. RhubarbPie, housekeeping wanted to let you know that your room is clean". I didn't think anything of it because I had called to ask for the bathroom to be cleaned (thats why the shower thing was relevant :razz:), and we were in our hotel, so the concierge probably new that we had made reservations in the hotel for that evening. Following dinner, I suggested we go over to the Bellagio to shop a little (all of the shop are open REALLY late) but my now-FI said he wanted to run up to the room and use the restroom first. I also didn't think anything of it because he really does prefer to use his own restroom, instead of a public one (was that TMI? :razz:). So we get to the room and I open the door to a suite FULL of candles and rose pedals. There were candles and rose pedals all around the spa tub, and in a heart shape on the bed, on the bar (we had a granite-top bar in our room :razz:), in the bathroom. At this point I start to freak out, and cry a little :razz: There was also a GIANT fortune cookie on the bed in the center of the pedals. I opened the cookie (well I fished the fortune out as I didn't want to break the beautiful, white-chocolate dipped fortune cookie, and I also didnt want to rip the fortune). The fortune said "The answer you are looking for is YES" and then he was on his knee with the ring asking me to marry him! :) At this point I was balling like a baby and I actually forgot to say yes for like 5 minutes!! He obviously knew the answer :razz: We proceeded to call our family and friends, and then we went out to shop and frolic for the first time as an engaged couple!!! I can't stop staring at my left hand, the ring is perfect. I'm so in love with my fiance, and my proposal story and my ring - life is so good right now!!

So without further ado: the ring!! Ive mentioned it before but here are the stats:

Center Stone: 1.57 ct EC, D color, VS1 (although the appraiser said VVS2!), Ideal Cut, 1.6 ratio.
Side stones: 1.21 tcw, both D color, both VS1, Very Good Cut
Setting: Custom, 18K white gold, Tiffany-style basket setting

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
One more looking down from the top!

IMG_0569.JPG

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
That's a very sweet story. I love the rose pedal. I read it to my bf. He was paying attention to every word I say. Maybe he needs some idea. :naughty: I asked if he'll be that sweet too. He said... "I guess I'll have to now... stop reading proposal stories online..." :lol:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Some cool shots from my cell phone!

flash1.jpg

IMG00079-20100729-2354.jpg

IMG00080-20100729-2354.jpg

IMG00092-20100730-0922.jpg

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
A few more from my phone :) Thanks for looking!

IMG00127-20100730-1014.jpg

IMG00186-20100801-1523.jpg

IMG00221-20100802-2013.jpg

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
OMG....OMG...thats like the perfect proposal. You FI is so sweet. Which hotel were you at, i live in Vegas. Goodness, your ring is to die for. So pretty. It looks perfect on your finger. :D

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Jessie702 said:
OMG....OMG...thats like the perfect proposal. You FI is so sweet. Which hotel were you at, i live in Vegas. Goodness, your ring is to die for. So pretty. It looks perfect on your finger. :D

Thank you so much! It is my dream ring!! FI did an amazing job finding the perfect stones. He was so meticulous and took so much time and care to find exactly what would be perfect. I will love it (and him, of course!) forever. Even if I get other rings, or other diamond rings in my life, I will never trade in my original. And the proposal was just so perfect. He actually arranged everything from abroad (he was away for all of June and most of July). Amazing! It was so cute too because we went shopping for shoes before dinner (FI left all of his dress shoes on the floor in our living room, so we had to buy new shoes in one of the stores in the hotel before dinner :razz:), and after we bought them, I said I would run the box and bag up to the room since we had time before dinner. So FI gave me some money and said "go gamble for a little, I'll run them up". I just thought he wanted me to have a fun time since it was my first time in Vegas, but actually he knew that the concierge and hotel people were already in the room setting up and he didn't want the surprise to be ruined!! I totally didn't suspect anything! It was so cute, and it was especially funny and ironic that he left his dress shoes at home:razz: I obviously didn't care - he could have proposed to me wearing a paper bag and I would have been equally thrilled! But it was just cute!

We stayed at the Monte Carlo hotel. Its across the street from MGM and next door to NYNY. Our view was facing the MGM Grand (we were on the 24th floor!). Also, that is so cool that you live in Las Vegas!!! I wish we never had to leave! I had so much fun :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O cool. Im so glad you had a good time and proposal. I love the MGM, its my favrorite, and it pretty

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
That is one of the best proposal stories I've heard! Your ring is absolutely stunning :love:

Congrats!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That is so unbelievably sweet! Sounds like the dream proposal! I love all the attention to detail - he really went all out to make it perfect for you.

As for the ring - wow! We need more pictures of that!!! It looks perfect on your hand.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Grlsbestfrnd said:
That is one of the best proposal stories I've heard! Your ring is absolutely stunning :love:

Thank you so much!!!!!! :)

Also, I realized that in my original post I didn't explain the "your room is clean" thing (and I didn't know if it was obvious). I thought they were saying that they went to the room to clean up the bathroom, but actually they were saying "the room is ready and setup for the proposal!". Was that obvious? Wasn't sure - but it was a great part of the story (especially since it was so coincidental that I had called to have the room cleaned)!

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
That's a great proposal story! And wow, your ring looks fab on you!

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
diamondbuggy said:
That's a great proposal story! And wow, your ring looks fab on you!

Trekkie said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That is so unbelievably sweet! Sounds like the dream proposal! I love all the attention to detail - he really went all out to make it perfect for you.

As for the ring - wow! We need more pictures of that!!! It looks perfect on your hand.

Thank you! It was like a dream!! I am going to try to take more pictures of the ring to capture different lighting (like maybe in flowers and stuff). If I succeed, I will post some of those pics!!! Thank you for the compliments :) I just love my ring, and couldn't be happier!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
Grlsbestfrnd said:

Also, I realized that in my original post I didn't explain the "your room is clean" thing (and I didn't know if it was obvious). I thought they were saying that they went to the room to clean up the bathroom, but actually they were saying "the room is ready and setup for the proposal!". Was that obvious? Wasn't sure - but it was a great part of the story (especially since it was so coincidental that I had called to have the room cleaned)!

Yeah I loved that part of the story! I definitely understood what you meant. It worked out really well for him :bigsmile:... and you!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
Grlsbestfrnd said:

like I posted earlier. Even my bf thinks it's sweet. He told me not to read any more proposal stories online... because he KNOWS he has big shoe to fill. :lol:

congrats again! lovely ring. I wonder what would happen if you didn't need anyone to clean the room. :bigsmile:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
beezygal said:
RhubarbPie said:
Grlsbestfrnd said:

like I posted earlier. Even my bf thinks it's sweet. He told me not to read any more proposal stories online... because he KNOWS he has big shoe to fill. :lol:

congrats again! lovely ring. I wonder what would happen if you didn't need anyone to clean the room. :bigsmile:

Aw thanks Beezy!! I totally was showing my FI proposal stories from PS and youtube and stuff before he proposed haha :razz: So I totally understand! I'm flattered that you would read mine to your bf! And yes, I'm not sure what would've happened if I hadn't flooded the bathroom and called for it to be cleaned lol! It was just all so perfect, the way it worked out!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
beezygal said:
RhubarbPie said:
Grlsbestfrnd said:

Aw thanks Beezy!! I totally was showing my FI proposal stories from PS and youtube and stuff before he proposed haha :razz: So I totally understand! I'm flattered that you would read mine to your bf! And yes, I'm not sure what would've happened if I hadn't flooded the bathroom and called for it to be cleaned lol! It was just all so perfect, the way it worked out!

Maybe he'll just flood the bathroom himself. :bigsmile: It must be such a relief for him that you called to have the room cleaned. :lol: He was probably thinking about... "how should I get people to come in... or something." I really love the heart made of rose pedals on the bed. That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO romantic. :love: I would totally cry too!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story and beautiful ring!!!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
What a great story!
Congratulations.... and the ring is beautiful.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats again! Beautiful ring and what a great story!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Great proposal and BEAUTIFUL RING!! :)) :appl: So happy for you!! Thanks for helping us other ladies out on the list ;-)

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful, wonderful proposal story, and... WOW! What a ring! It's gorgeous.

Congratulations!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is stunningly beautiful! And awesome story! Congrats!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
WOW :love: congratulations RP :appl: your proposal was beautiful and your ring is absolutely gorgeous! i luuuurve ECs and yours is delicious - feel free to take more pics for us :bigsmile:

enjoy being enfianced!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Beautiful ring, and engagement story! This is such a special time for the both of you, enjoy every minute!!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thats such a sweet story!! Funny about the shower thing too luckily that happened to keep you off track :))

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Oh

My

God

Your ring....is breathtaking!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

And such a beautiful proposal!!!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, what a proposal. how very sweet! congrats.

oh, and the ring....

D
R
O
O
L

I think that's my dream ring. I just LOVE 3-stone EC rings!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
great story! Beautiful ring! :love: :appl:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, what a wonderful story! And the ring is gorgeous - the 3 stone EC is such classic elegance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results