shape
carat
color
clarity

My emerald saga and new ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
When I was married to H1*, he gave me a three stone ring for our engagement. The center stone was a .50 ct emerald and the side stones were two 15 point diamonds. After we divorced, I wore it as a RHR. As I always say, "jewelry endures"
2.gif
Several weeks ago I decided to loupe the emerald and to my shock and dismay, there was a large chip that extended from the side of the diamond to the prong. I had my jeweler take a look at it and she said it was a goner. I filed a claim with my insurance company and, after some back and forth, they permitted me to work with my jeweler to replace the emerald. She found me a beautiful stone. Better than the original. I decided to replace the entire ring. Time to get rid of the old engagement ring. I only have two pics to show you tonight. Taking good pics of an emerald is not easy!! I''ll try for some better shots in the morning.

Introducing my new green girl...

*first husband

Emerald ring 002 a.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Sorry it's blurry...It's too big and has to go back and be sized. My hand was really hot today and I thought I could get away with it. I'll be back at my "second home" next week
17.gif

Emerald ring 003 b.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, that green is captivating and split shank - everything about the ring, is just gorgeous!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:05:58 PM
Author: D&T
It is gorgeous, that green is captivating and split shank - everything about the ring, is just gorgeous!
Thanks, D&T
1.gif
I must admit that I''m a bit nervous wearing it, as I have no idea what caused my other emerald to become chipped
23.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
RS, the ring is gorgeous. I was thinking about an emerald RHR myself. I must confess that I am quite jealous,as your ring collection is TDF!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
wow, marian! WOW!

gorgeous clarity on that! congratulations - a beautiful acquisition :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a shame about Emerald #1 but it sounds like you''ve got a better deal now so perhaps it was fate. I am paranoid about my Emeralds and treat them with such care!

Your new stone and ring are really gorgeous and I love the blue/green in the first picture.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
soocool~you are a sweetheart! I'm glad that you are enjoying my rings. I'm probably a bit older than you and have had some time to build up my collection!

whitby~The clarity looks pretty great to me, too. My jeweler got it from Spark Creations. They have wonderful colored stones. They don't have that much on their website, but my jeweler has a good representation of their collection. It's nice to be excited about my emerald again
1.gif

Loving Diamonds~thanks for your kind comments! I was trying to capture that blue/green color in my pic. Do you have any advice about caring for emeralds? I don't want a repeat of emerald #1
38.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
^^^ETA: Spark Creations does have quite a lot on their website. Look under "one of a kind' jewelry" for a colored stone festival. Unfortunately, they don't identify the types of the stones
8.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry about your first emerald but I have to say the replacement is just a gorgeous and vivd stone. I love the setting and how it sets off the green of the emerald. Lovely!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:14:46 PM
Author: risingsun
Date: 6/27/2009 8:05:58 PM

Author: D&T

Thanks, D&T
1.gif
I must admit that I''m a bit nervous wearing it, as I have no idea what caused my other emerald to become chipped
23.gif

Love the color! I''m glad you were able to replace it with such a nice stone.

Emeralds, unfortunately, cleave very easily. I destroyed one before I figured that out [I wore it to bed and when I woke up it had a corner chipped off!]. I now wear emerald rings only on rare occasions - not every day.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. Love that shade of green. Isn''t insurance great???

Enjoy!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring! I love the stone and the setting style you have chosen - another winner!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, that''s so pretty, risingsun! Beautiful.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swoooooooon. I adore your new "strings free" Emerald beauty. In fact, I''m positively
27.gif
with envy! What''s it like wearing a ring that''s too big for you? It''s never happened to me and my manwich phalangies! LOL!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!! The color is awesome!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! I''m with you, jewelry endures! I always say, a girl only gets so many diamonds (or emeralds) in her life, why give them up? Enjoy your new
beauty!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color, and the setting is very pretty and dainty!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Catmom~I've always admired your colored stones with the pave' settings! I do love the color of this emerald. I really wanted a choice in picking it out.

DiamanteBlu~emeralds are--or can be--such beautiful stones. I will heed your advice. I can only imagine how you felt about chipping your emerald when you were asleep
8.gif

Fly Girl~at first my insurance company wanted to pick out the emerald for me. Fortunately, my jeweler and I were able to change their minds!

MissGotRocks~this was an unexpected "winner"
2.gif
If I hadn't louped my emerald, which I had not worn in awhile, I wouldn't have my pretty new girl today! I think I will name her "Wicked."

MsCushion~thank you for your kind words. That's why I've decided that the emerald is a "she."

Deco~you have me ROFLMAO
9.gif
I trust your envy is emerald green
27.gif
As far as your phalanges, let's just put it this way...you owe me a new keyboard...and a can of Diet Pepsi.

princessplease~I tried to take a pic that would show the color. I'm glad you noticed it. I haven't taken many pics of colored stones.

luv2sparkle~the relationship may be dead and gone, but the jewelry lingers on
17.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay for your new ring!! That''s the best looking emerald I''ve seen in a long time - seriously! The color just jumped out at me. I''m so sorry about your first one, but hey, this one has no baggage, and I can''t imagine a nicer looking emerald! Hopefully the halo will give it a little protection (along with a little bling). Safety aside though, that''s the perfect setting for it!
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 12:00:30 AM
Author: cellentani
Yay for your new ring!! That''s the best looking emerald I''ve seen in a long time - seriously! The color just jumped out at me. I''m so sorry about your first one, but hey, this one has no baggage, and I can''t imagine a nicer looking emerald! Hopefully the halo will give it a little protection (along with a little bling). Safety aside though, that''s the perfect setting for it!
30.gif
Thanks for your very kind feedback! My jeweler had a small number of emeralds in stock and two of them really stood out for me. This stone was one of them. It is bezel set in the halo, so I do hope it is less likely to be damaged. When I sent my old emerald off to the insurance company, I thought--at last, my old engagement ring is gone. New stone, new setting, no baggage
17.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 11:44:00 PM
Author: packrat
Beautiful color, and the setting is very pretty and dainty!
Thank you, packrat. Today has been a very good day. It''s been a very green day
2.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Such a gorgeous shade of green. Gorgeous ring. You have quite an enviable collection of rings.
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my....
30.gif
Wow, just beeeeeutiful Marion!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love gemstones that are halo''d.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is a STUNNER! Love the depth of the emerald, so green and gorgeous!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
rising- What a color!!
30.gif
30.gif
Glad you replaced the ex, and now his ring
2.gif
There is just something so striking about a colored stone in a halo...
30.gif
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
tigian~I''m actually downsizing my jewelry box!! I''m trading in things I never wear for pieces I really love. Not only did the old emerald have a chip, it had some kind of hazing that covered the stone. There was no transparency to it at all. I no longer enjoyed wearing it. This green girl just glows!

MC~thank you for your kind words

Miss Ellen~the replacement exceeded my expectations. Emeralds can be a bit wonky. Some just sit there and do notihing. I''m thrilled we were able to find tihs one!

Tacori E-ring~I''ve never had a colored stone with a halo before. I think it really makes the color of the emerald pop!

beecheez~I''m glad my pics were able to capture the beauty of this stone. I''m pretty stunned, myself
2.gif

icekid~it took me a long time to replace H1 and a longer time to replace the ring
3.gif
I''m glad that it''s finally done! I''m well pleased with the results...of both
17.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Please more pics!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results