shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock

Hi Everyone!

I have enjoyed reading and seeing all the beautiful "Diamonds" on this forum. I just recently got engaged to a wonderful man........ oh I am so exited to finally take my place beside him as his wife!!
I had my e-ring custom made, and truly it is a beauty, but the story behind it, is that I picked this setting after second guessing the setting I had always wanted. I panicked and thought the other was to fancy, and that I should go simple.
I specified to the jeweler that I wanted either an asscher or an emerald cut diamond, leaving the actual decision up to my fiance. Of course I put strong emphasis on the asscher. When I got the e-ring I didn't know what diamond I was getting........ but was VERY delighted to see that it was a gorgeous asscher.
Well I wore the ring for about 2 weeks and I was feeling down about it. I kept looking at the two inspirations for my dream ring ( tiffany legacy and Daniel K) and knew I made a mistake. I talked to my Fiance and he felt if I don't love the ring after all he spent on it then for him to spend a little bit more for me to "LOVE" it was not that big of a deal........... so currently my new e-ring is being made and I am so very anxious!!!!
I will post pictures of the orginal setting and when I get my baby back I will post pics of that. Like I said it will have elimantes (sp?) from the legacy and one of DK's rings. It isn't going to be three sided diamonds because I do love the look of polished metal, and it won't be bezel set.
Well I don't know if I wil figure out the post but I will try.
Specs
1.38 asscher
G color
VVS2
Well I can't seem to figure it out, I will keep trying!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey, mommy2nk, welcome to ps!!
36.gif
your asscher sounds lovely!!
if you want to post a picture, make sure name the file something unique, that way the system will recognize it from all the other "myring" files.
hope we get to see it!!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Well, I am having no luck!!
39.gif
I have tried resizing and renaming and it won't work. It just shows as undefined???
Oh well, it's my bedtime now, I will try again another day!

Thanks for your reply Belle
4.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure that it is saved as a recognized image file such as a jpeg (.jpg).

I can''t wait to see your pics! I have been looking at asschers as well and I love the framed style!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here are the pics of this gorgeous Rock! (I''m a sucker for baguettes)

hon11.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif

ney22.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

nho33.JPG

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a great hand shot!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif

rrin44.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
emrose.gif
emlove.gif
emrose.gif
face23.gif

nail55.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh now I see the Specs. Another Asscher- I love those things!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Wow that is just stunning. I love the setting and especially love the baguettes!! It''s gorgeous, thanks for posting the pics Sevens!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
that is reallly really beautiful!!!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Sevens, thank you sooo much!

I know it is a beautiful setting and I miss having the ring on my hand. My daughter keeps teasing me because every night I look at these pictures. I do love baguettes, but I know the other setting is going to be more fitting to my taste.
I can''t wait to share the new ring with all of you.
I have to say I have lurked on these boards for awhile and have really grown to admire many of you!
30.gif

Hope you all have a great day!!

P.S. I don''t know the specs as for as tables and all, but I can tell just by looking at it, that it is perfect. I have a hard time seeing that it isn''t higher on the color scale!

Again thank you Sevens
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful... love those asschers!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful now and I''m sure it will be even more beautiful when you get it set exactly like you want!

You have gorgeous hands. Those nails are amazing!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond!! Also gorgeous hands & nails. Your ring box is awesome too!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see the new setting!!
36.gif

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
You guys are all so sweet.... Thank you!
Funny thing is I have alway thought I had big hands, but when I got my ring, no one was able to try it on... it was a
4 3/4, which was big on me. My new ring is going to be 4.5.

Again thank you for all your nice comments!
P.S. I really like the ring box too!
2.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring!!!
30.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooooo Prettttyyyyyy!!!!!
emsmilep.gif
(that''s me drooling onto my keyboard!)

I can''t wait to see it in the new setting! Where are you having it done? And where did you find that beautiful stone?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful!
emstar.gif
The baggettes add a nice little something to the square sides of the assher, but know you will love your new setting even more! Cant wait to see the pictures!!!

Congratulations on your engagement!!!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Good morning everyone!

The story behind me getting an asscher or even knowing that an asscher existed is because about 4 years ago, the General Manager of where I work (who is also the owners daughter) got engaged. Her husband is a jeweler and when he proposed he presented her with an asscher diamond from the 1920's. It is just stunning........ looking at her ring and looking at mine I am sure hers is about 4+ ct.
30.gif

Anyways ever since then, slowing but surely that asscher diamond has been making an appearance, making it possible for me to one day have one!!!
36.gif

Over the years of working here I have seen many of my GM's girlfriends rings, all done by her husband. So natually I sent my Fiance to him.
My fiance picked the stone out of a few that were presented to him, and the jeweler did the rest. I love my asscher, I sat there studing it and getting mesmerized by it. My Fiance did an amazing job.
30.gif
30.gif
The jeweler is also making my new setting.

Thank you for all of your nice comments.
1.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely lovely! I love asschers!! Congratulations!

BTW: He is the fiance...you are the fiancee.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,that''s a beautiful asscher.
36.gif
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I, too, love a classic baguette setting and it is simply delicious with that great asscher!!!
30.gif
Congrats!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had to say again how much I love your asscher and especially like the classic setting with baguettes. I am loving asschers lately. One day maybe!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring, i love asshers! Congrats.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. I love the hand shots especially. Congratulations!!!

Schmoopie

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my very first post here and I just have to ask:

Mommy2mk - do you have any more photos of your ring? I was looking for an up-close shot and/or a side view. I have described a similar one to my bf but it will have a princess rather than an ascher. From far away, I think I like those prongs that hold the diamond. So many of the ones I have seen online are either too large looking they overpower the beauty of the stone or are in a weird place on the stone. I''d like t have a few examples to show the bf. At first, I too thought that setting was a bit too simple, but after trying it on, I really liked that style it on my hand.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results