shape
carat
color
clarity

My E-ring, with monogram tension wires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sving

Rough_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you, Pricescope community! I probably spent 40 hours poring over the information and posts here. I learned so much and became a much more confident buyer; the diamond that *I* got to select means much more to me.

The stone is from Good Old Gold (easy to work with) and the setting was made with a local goldsmith (who was difficult to work with but came through).

I had seen some branded settings where the prongs are made like a letter (H or W?). T and K wouldn't make practical prong shapes, so I had given up on that idea.

While working with the local goldsmith, he said he was going to solder a small tension wire halfway up the prongs, to hold the prongs together. I said, rather than wires, can you make them in the shape of T and K? He had never heard of this but said no problem and the special touch came out beautifully. He had to splat the K a little bit but the T is perfectly my handwriting.

Thank you again, Pricescope staff and community!!

THE ENGAGEMENT STORY, BRIEFLY
There is a little green space in downtown Charlotte, NC (adjacent to Bank of America headquarters and Ri-Ra) where we had stopped for a moment one perfect night to admire the moon, in our first month of dating. Then, every time we walk by, I'd always stop us for a few seconds to revel in that memory.

Fast forward to E-Day. Under the pretense of dressing up and going to a show where "I got last-minute tickets," "oops" we are 20 minutes early; let's have a seat on a bench in our green space.

Sitting there, I tell her how, before our first date, I told my neighbors that I was about to go to a wedding with my future wife. Her smart-aleck response was, "You should've saved that story for when you were going to propose." It doesn't dawn on her what's happening until a few minutes later when I'm sliding off of the bench and digging in my jacket pocket.

Bonus: I'm barely off of my knee again when a waiter comes bounding out of the adjacent restaurant with two flutes of champagne!

Here's the ring, it incorporates our first initials T and K:

Sving Ring Photos.jpg

sving

Rough_Rock
Sorry that the first two photos are extremely unflattering for the diamond--one may conclude that I didn''t learn a thing from Pricescope! Trust me, it is a good rock. :)

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Love the story and love the ring! I think the initials were a beautiful idea!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice - congrats!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! I love how your initials are incorporated into the ring, the whole package is beautiful!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you incorporated your initials into the design!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a great story and ring! Congrats!
36.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet engagement story and beautiful ring! Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results