shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring stone is done!!

chrissy0116

Rough_Rock
thanks to a very diligent and talented Jim Rentfrow. I am totally excited to see it and to design my ring around it! The color is so yummy - just what I dreamt of.

Specs:

2.75 carats
12.21 x 5.75 x 4.12

I think the cut is rectangular cushion. It will be here tomorrow - HOLY COW!!!

Padlighting2 on black.jpg

Pad Lighting1on Black.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous and unique stone!!! How exciting :appl: What kind of setting will you put it in?

chrissy0116

Rough_Rock
that's a darn good question! i am waiting for it to arrive to see if it is feasible to set it e-w, which opens up more possibilities. otherwise, i want a unique setting, with some organic elements, 14k-yellow gold, and prefer a multi-band or maybe split shank.
my brother in law to be designs custom jewelry, so i'll get to work with him until it's just right. What do you think? Any great ideas?

chrissy0116

Rough_Rock
oh those are pretty! I will have to look at his site. TY, ty :)

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
That stone is really beautiful and daringly different!

I remember seeing a ring on etsy a while back with a similar cut, although it's not my
favorite setting in the world, it is an e-w setting so it's definitely doable =)

green apple tourm

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful color! I love it and can't wait to see how you have it set :love: :love: !

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and a lovely color!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think some sort of split-shank design would look awesome. I know there is a ring that several people have on here and its from Sally at Heart of Water. Its an east-west setting with a split shank and there is some sort of swirly design on the basket but no pave or sidestones anywhere on the ring. I'll let you know if I can find it...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Scroll down to the ring setting in this thread - this is the one I was referring to. I hope MakingTheGrade doesn't mind me suggesting it for you...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and unusual. You don't see so very many elongated cushions. Is it a sapphire?

chrissy0116

Rough_Rock
Stargurl - that's one of the possibilities I'm thinking of, but I'm not sure where to find the ring setting that you referred to. Can you link anything?

Kismet - yes, it's a padparadscha sapphire

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results