shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring has arrived... only one thing left to do...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

A few months ago I stumbled upon this site and my search for diamond knowledge and the perfect e-ring for me became exponentially easier.

Thank you all so much for your advice, guidance, and expertise. This site has been invaluable to me and I'm very appreciative of everyone here who helped guide me through the process.
appl.gif

Last, and certainly not least, many many thanks to Lesley and Brian at Whiteflash for their expertise, service, and hand-holding.
1.gif
appl.gif

Okay... on to the good stuff...
My choice was a 1.258ct H-SI2 Ideal Cut H&A from Whiteflash in a Platinum sleek line setting (Size 6).

I intend to propose next month so now I have to get on to finalizing those plans. All she has to do is (hopefully) say yes!
love.gif

Here's the first picture (of many)...
loopy.gif

ER1.jpg

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Okay, hopefully this one is a little smaller!

ER2.jpg

arnotke

Rough_Rock
And another... I'm out of control!
tongue.gif

ER3.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Keep em coming. It's beautiful.
Nice choice. Classic setting. She'll love it.

arnotke

Rough_Rock
On my finger... I'm sure it'll look better on hers.
loopy.gif

ER4.jpg

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'm very excited about it... but now you've just encouraged me so I may have to get one more pic.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring! The setting is almost exactly like mine. Your stone's bigger, though.
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

arnotke

Rough_Rock
A side view...

ER5.jpg

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. I'm very pleased with it!

reena

Ideal_Rock
so, indulge us--what's the proposal plan?

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Edited...

reena

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwwwwww

congrats!
1.gif

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Do you think that will work?
1.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Sounds lovely!

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Hopefully, I'll get a big YES!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Good luck! Can't wait to hear the story after it goes down...and see ring pics ON her hand
1.gif
I'm sure she will be thrilled, the ring is beautiful.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful ring.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Great job.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Great news... she said yes! It must have been the ring!
twirl.gif

More details to follow...

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! now hurry with the details!!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Good luck.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Okay, here are the details…

I’d originally planned on proposing last Friday (9/17) at a beautiful plantation B&B in Natchez, MS as we were planning on spending the weekend there celebrating my fiancée’s birthday. However, for a variety of reasons I moved it up a few weeks and proposed on a trip to Canada around Labor Day. This was the first time I’d taken my fiancée (Sheri) back to my homeland.

I rented a romantic honeymoon cottage (talk about putting the cart before the horse lol) at a beautiful lakeside resort just outside Algonquin Park in Ontario. This is a beautiful and famous provincial park only a few hours from where I grew up. The resort was incredibly beautiful and our cottage had a wood-burning fireplace and hot tub… all the necessities for a romantic proposal setting.
naughty.gif

Resort

We had a romantic dinner in their restaurant and had a table overlooking the lake and a beautiful sunset. She suspected something was up by now since I hadn’t told her we were going to this place on our trip. During dinner, I told Sheri all the reasons I loved her. What she didn’t know was that the acronym formed by the first letter of each reason spelled “Will You Marry Me Sheri?” okay, I’m a nerd, what can I say?
1.gif
I was shocked that she didn’t pick up on that! Lol

After dinner, we went back to our cabin and I got a fire going. As we sat in front of it, I read her a Shelley poem “Love’s Philosophy“ and then read her a poem I’d written for her. I then got on one knee and proposed. She said yes and I showed her the ring. She absolutely loved it but said afterward that at the time she was crying so hard she couldn’t really see it that well. She absolutely loves it and I’m obviously thrilled about that.

I then opened up the door to the cottage and as we stood where we could feel the breeze coming in off the lake and also see the lake and the fire from our fireplace, I read this Cherokee prayer to her:

God in heaven above please protect the ones we love.

We honor all you created as we pledge our hearts and lives together.

We honor mother earth - and ask for our marriage to be abundant and grow stronger through the seasons;

We honor fire - and ask that our union be warm and glowing with love in our hearts;

We honor wind - and ask we sail though life safe and calm as in our father's arms;

We honor water - to clean and soothe our relationship - that it may never thirst for love;

With all the forces of the universe you created, we pray for harmony and true happiness as we forever grow young together.

Amen.

The Cherokee prayer was something I'd found while surfing the net but it really moved me from the first time I read it. I thought it really unified things since we'd already planned on getting married in the Smokies, we were on hallowed Canadian Indian soil in Algonquin Park, and it's a piece of Sheri's heritage.

Thank you all for sharing in this experience with me. I’ve attached a picture of the ring on her finger. I think you’ll agree that it looks better on hers than mine.
2.gif

Ken

Sheri Ring.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
HOw romantic, congrats.
It sparkles like crazy, she must love it.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
great proposal! congrats to you both, the ring looks beautiful on her hand
1.gif

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Thank you and yes, she does love it!
appl.gif

arnotke

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwwww... great story. And the ring looks beautiful on her hand. Congratulations!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results