shape
carat
color
clarity

My E-ring Epic Journey (many pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
So I started this whole process about 2 months ago as a lurker here, but soon the decision to buy was upon me. After a long time searching, and lots of great advice from you guys, I chose this 1ct asscher cut from Whiteflash.

CoreyDiamond.jpg

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Now of course I needed a ring. My gf doesn't know this is coming, so I had to go whatever clues she has dropped to me. She loves antique looking things, square cuts and emerald cuts (hence the Asscher). However, she doesn't like a lot of extra diamonds because they detract from the center stone. With these things in mind, I saw the following ring and thought it would be great.

inspired.jpg

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Well unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be) for me, the company would not sell me the ring above if I didn't get the diamond from them. Well, I already had a great diamond, so screw em! Instead, I called Bob back at Whiteflash and asked what they could do for me. They could do a custom for the same price. However, if it's a custom, I figured I'd make changes that I wanted. I really did want a unique ring, and something that came from ME rather than a store. In addition, I wanted pictures of every step so I could make changes as needed, and to have as a keepsake for my gf. Bob was very accomodating with this, and soon I had my first cast picture. (below)

cast1.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh pretty! I like it!

Another suggestion would be a very simple antique style band/setting with just engraving on the band and a band no thicker than 3mm to make that stone pop.

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Well that didn't look too impressive! But then again, every masterpiece starts off as a bunch of colors on a palate. Soon after, I got another picture the baguettes attached. By the way, these were 25% larger than the ones on the original ring I was looking at. It also looked like they polished the platinum in this pic.

cast 2.jpg

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Well now things are looking better! But still nothing prepared me for the next pic I got from Bob at Whiteflash. I looked at this and gushed (ok, I'm a macho guy, so I don't ever really "gush", but I WAS impressed). I thought, damn, this is it. But wait! There was something wrong! I asked for split prongs, and these aren't! I called Bob right away and told him. He immediately got ahold of the ring makers and right back to me. Little did either of us know, that in split prongs, they actually cut the prongs and tease them apart. Just when I thought I knew a little something.

almost done.jpg

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Well there was only one more thing to do, and that's attaching the diamond. Here is the final pic of my E-ring. FOr the record, the changes I had made from the original was rotating the baguettes, and splitting the prongs. The hand engraving is also a bit different, but I love the way it came out (especially the sides).

Now I just need to hold on to the badboy and wait until my trip to San Fransisco next week. My plan is to take a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway, stop at a scenic overlook over the waves crashing into the shore, and pop the question (I have a whole romantic speach already prepared).

By the way, the ring came in a beautiful mahogany box. When I showed it to some folks at work they were all gushing (I use the word too much) over the box. I was like "Damn, maybe I should have just bought her a box...it would have been a LOT cheaper).

finalCorey.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be gorgeous! It already is and it's not even done. Whiteflash is amazing, can't wait to see the finished product
1.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful. You did a great job on it. I like the changes you made to the original.

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
SO there it is. My E-ring adventure. Personally I love the fact that she'll be the only person with her exact E-ring. I think I nailed it on the head as far as an "antiquey" look without distracting from the stone. Tell what yo guys think.

I'll try to get hand pictures after I've proposed next week, but it may take a week or two to get them up.

Corey Z

PS - Once again a big THANK YOU to you guys and the folks at Whiteflash.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, I typed way to soon! It is beautiful, love the split prongs
love.gif
When will you be proposing??

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Ok scratch that question too! I think I am typing while you are. Can't wait to read details and see hand pics!

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Super-speed replies! Can't even let a man finish his journey!
angryfire.gif

Detail will be forthcoming in the following weeks.
Corey

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Great job and great story. It is truly a beautiful piece.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry
sad.gif
I had clicked on the post before you finished...so excited to see the pics, I got ahead of myself

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is really stunning! She'd be insane not to say yes to that and such a romantic guy! I love all the love and thought you put into this.
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out beautiful! a BIG congrats
appl.gif
Would you mind sharing the specs on the Asscher with us? I've always been curious about them...

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
PERFECT MATCH OF DIAMOND AND SETTING~!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Great job, coreyzat!

It sounds like exactly what she likes...she will love it!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Your ring turned out BEAUTIFULLY! The proportions and detail are great and I like the engraving better on yours than the original. You have excellent taste. Kudos to Whiteflash for some really superb work.
appl.gif

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement. She's going to be floored!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful ring! I love the baguettes on the side. She's going to love it. What are the specs of the stone?

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Item Code: GIA-13156823
Price: $how much I paid.
Report: GIA
Shape: Asscher
Carat: 1.04
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 68.8
Table: 66
Crown %: 12.7
Pavilion %: 52.3
Girdle: Medium to Sl. Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.78-5.60X3.85
Length/Width: 1.03

These are the specs on the stone along with the Sarin Report. This stone was on hand when I bought it.

sarin_GIA-131568231.gif

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Here was the Idealscope image.

IS_GIA-13156823idealscope.jpg

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
All forgiven for such quick replies KBerly. Such a ring requires prompt action!
naughty.gif

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Quick funny story. Last night we were talking and she wanted to get her mom a diamond ring for her birthday. Well to throw her off the trail about me getting the ring, I played completely dumb about diamonds. I had to listen to her and sound fascinated as she spewed completely WRONG information about diamonds and settings. THe upside is that now she really thinks I know nothing about diamonds (and therefore obviously didn't buy one recently). Once she has the ring I can correct all her preconceived mistakes and REALLY floor her with my knowledge.

Corey

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Love the finished product! Can't wait to see the hand shots!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing ring! You did an awesome job. She is gonna love it!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Corey. Your ring is stunning.
And I like it muuuuuccch better than the other setting. Their loss for not taking your stone, your gain for a one-of-a-kind beauty.

pandora

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! You've obviously put a lot of effort into creating the perfect ring for your girl - I'm sure she'll LOVE it! Good Luck!

Patti

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly Corey
1.gif
You did awesome. Once your girl sees the ring and gets over the shock, be ready to pick out her Mom's future diamond
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results