shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress might arrive as soon as TOMORROW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!!!
35.gif

As many of you know, I finally ordered a "real" dress from Pearl's Place in February. When they confirmed my Casablanca dress order, they said it wouldn't arrive to me here in CA until the 2nd or 3rd week of June, which of course nearly put me in a panic as I leave for Maui July 17th! The gentleman I spoke to said for me to relax, and that if my dress hadn't arrived by June 1st, to give them a call and he would track it down. Huh?

I happened to call on May 22nd to just touch bases with them and see if there was any update, and the lady said that no, I was wrong and that my dress wasn't even scheduled to arrive in New Orleans until at least the 3rd week of June.
6.gif
Lo and behold, a week goes by, and I hear NADA! So, I called again this past Friday. The man who answered the phone happened to be the one I spoke to previously and I again explained my dilemma. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes, then got back on and was hemming and hawing and basically driving me insane.

He then says, "Ma'am, I'm sorry nobody returned your call on Thursday, but your dress should be arriving to you in California on Monday!" He said it had arrived to them on Thursday and immediately went out on Friday afternoon. I was beside myself with glee, so much so that I of course forgot to ask for any pertinent details and went on my merry way. After I came back down to earth, I called back and asked for the carrier name and if there was a tracking number. Sure enough, UPS is scheduled to deliver it tomorrow, June 2nd!

I am afraid that they might try to deliver it during the day while I am at work, but I already left a note asking if they could try my neighbors on either side of me in hopes that they can sign for it, but if not, I left what time I would be home by and if they couldn't try again, to please leave it at the UPS facility in the next city for me to pick up on Tuesday. If that happens, I would have to try to make it up there between an afterschool class I teach that day and our pre-marital counseling session at 5 that night, but I'm thinking that there's hope that it could be in my hot little hands by TUESDAY! I couldn't wait to share my news with someone, and since all of you have been there with me through all of my dress trials and tribulations, I of course I thought of you ladies!

Please keep your fingers crossed that UPS is late tomorrow (so that I can make it home in time!), and if I do get it, that it FITS reasonably well with little to no alterations needed. I'll be sure to come back and post lots and lots of pictures as soon as I get it!
36.gif

Now we can start thinking seriously about shoes and jewelry...woo hooo!
31.gif
I'm still jonesing for some fuchsia wedges, but need to know how high my heels need to be with the dress!

Here is a pic from my 3rd try on in a too big dress with some of the green amethyst jewelry I was considering wearing...hard to see, but what do you think? I was going for a sorta vintage vibe on the jewelry.

CIMG0465Harleigh.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
This probably sounds silly, but I am so excited!
36.gif
36.gif
I hope they go to your neighbors or you get to go pick it up tomorrow, so exciting! I can''t wait to see it. I love it when you find out you don''t have to wait longer for something. I am a very impatient person.
5.gif
Freke for shoes! What kind of jewelry? Personally, I do love what you''re wearing in the photo. I think the color would be beautiful since you''re going to be near the ocean! Anyway, I am off to bed.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hooray!! I hope things work out fine with UPS, but just in case, is there another address you can have it sent where someone could sign for you? You can change the delivery address on the UPS website if it''s being sent somewhere inconvenient (I''ve done it before, and it worked fine!).

You''re going to be stunning in that dress!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the jewelry!!I think the necklace hangs in the PERFECT spot for the dress''s neckline!! Oh you look gorgeous Harleigh, and I''m so excited!!!

And just let me know on those shoes...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:28:02 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
This probably sounds silly, but I am so excited!
36.gif
36.gif
I hope they go to your neighbors or you get to go pick it up tomorrow, so exciting! I can''t wait to see it. I love it when you find out you don''t have to wait longer for something. I am a very impatient person.
5.gif
Freke for shoes! What kind of jewelry? Personally, I do love what you''re wearing in the photo. I think the color would be beautiful since you''re going to be near the ocean! Anyway, I am off to bed.
You''re so cute, Sarah...I have no patience, either! Besides getting engaged, I don''t know when I''ve had to wait so long for something! If I''m not here or my neighbor''s don''t get it, I won''t be able to get it until Tuesday, but I''m keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the compliments! I chose the green amethyst as that goes with the celery green color of the guys'' shirts, and I thought fuchsia on the shoes since that is the color of the girls'' dresses, and I am feeling just a little bit funkay!
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:29:07 AM
Author: Octavia
Hooray!! I hope things work out fine with UPS, but just in case, is there another address you can have it sent where someone could sign for you? You can change the delivery address on the UPS website if it''s being sent somewhere inconvenient (I''ve done it before, and it worked fine!).

You''re going to be stunning in that dress!
Hi Octavia,

I tried everything I could on that dang website! I even tried following all of their directions and there was no "Change Address" link for me to use. If I could have it delivered to work, that would be FANTASTIC...any ideas how to get that done?

Thanks for the suggestion and the sweet compliment!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:32:42 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I love the jewelry!!I think the necklace hangs in the PERFECT spot for the dress''s neckline!! Oh you look gorgeous Harleigh, and I''m so excited!!!

And just let me know on those shoes...
Hi Freke, my favorite shoe fiend! Thanks so much for the compliments! I noticed I have a big red splotch on my chest in the photo...kinda takes away from the necklace. I did get a shorter chain because I think the top may sit a bit higher on a dress in my size, but I''ll try it both ways and see what you guys think.

In fact, I''ll go take pictures of the jewelry so everyone can see it up close and personal!
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 1:26:25 AM
Author: Octavia
Harleigh, here''s the link on the UPS website:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/tracking/help/delivery/delivery_change.html?WT.svl=SubNav

Hopefully it will work! If not, go to ''Tracking'' page, click ''Help,'' and under the ''Delivery Support'' category there''ll be a link for changing the delivery address. It will give you instructions. Hope that helps!
Hi Octvia...that link took me to the same thing I tried, and I don''t have a link available to click on to change it, and when I click on "help" it takes me back through the same thing. Thanks so much for trying to help...I really appreciate it! I''ll keep trying!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Harleigh:
35.gif

What wonderful news!
36.gif
One less thing to worry about!

I went back to the legendary "bikini" thread to look at all the dresses you tried on, and really, the one you selected is just perfect for you. I can''t wait to it in the ivory, in your size, on you. You know what that means... please be sure to post pictures ASAP! Oh and BTW I think the lines on your necklace are perfect for your dress.

Good luck with the UPS delivery. The last time UPS delivered a package to me I missed the first attempt and tried to re-direct it (with no luck) but they delivered it the next day just after I got home -- at 7 p.m.! Those UPS drivers seem to be real persistent and they do try to accommodate. Hopefully you''ll get one of the persistent ones!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 2:02:23 AM
Author: MINIMS
Hi Harleigh:
35.gif

What wonderful news!
36.gif
One less thing to worry about!

I went back to the legendary ''bikini'' thread to look at all the dresses you tried on, and really, the one you selected is just perfect for you. I can''t wait to it in the ivory, in your size, on you. You know what that means... please be sure to post pictures ASAP! Oh and BTW I think the lines on your necklace are perfect for your dress.

Good luck with the UPS delivery. The last time UPS delivered a package to me I missed the first attempt and tried to re-direct it (with no luck) but they delivered it the next day just after I got home -- at 7 p.m.! Those UPS drivers seem to be real persistent and they do try to accommodate. Hopefully you''ll get one of the persistent ones!
Hi MINIMS!

I was just getting ready to email you back! I''m having a bit of MOB/MOG dress issues that arose this evening, but I won''t bore you with that here, so I''ll just respond to the above!

You crack me up! Thank goodness you went with me to help me out in my dress search...your level head definitely came in handy at the time. I don''t know that anyone else loves the dress, but #1, it''s too late, and #2, I really thought it was the most flattering on me, even when too big! I think the one I tried on with you was in white white and the one in the picture above is the ivory color I will be getting. I will definitely try the necklace on with the longer and shorter necklace if I can untangle the longer one...it is currently caught in a bracelet and the original pendant that goes on it...it got caught up in both when I traveled with it and I just haven''t had the time or patience to try to untangle the mess!

I''ll keep my fingers crossed that my UPS man still thinks I''m cute and might be willing to stop by again if he misses me...little does HE know what''s in that box, right?
31.gif

I''ll email you again soon...hope you have a great night!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s funny that you''ve gotten such great service from UPS, because I''ve ALWAYS had dismal service from them. Once they tried to deliver ($10 shirt from Target) one day and left a note, the next day they came at noon when I wasn''t home and they said delivery would be after 3pm the next day and left another note. So I left the last note signed on the door (like the instructions said), AND BF was there waiting for it. They didn''t knock, they just left another note saying they had tried to deliver for the last time, and that I could pick up my package at the UPS building. So being that this was a Friday night, I got to go harass the UPS people on MONDAY. All for a $10 shirt. WTF?!

Meanwhile, DHL and Fedex are fabulous, leaving stuff in the screen door, on our patio or leaving it next door at my neighbors. So as soon as I see the UPS truck pulling up, when I''m home, I run to the door to make sure I get my (or BF''s) package.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...it''s been hit or miss for me over the years, but since I''ve been in this house (about 3 years) I have been pretty fortunate, but sometimes I''ll wait for a package because the tracking shows it is "Out for Delivery" and it arrives at 8 or 9 PM, OR, I have waited just to find out that it has been rerouted and won''t arrive until the next day. I''m trying really hard not to get my hopes up, but I am SO excited that I cannot even begin to tell you!

Please, God, let it fit!
3.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Harleigh!!!! You look beautiful in the dress in the picture--can''t WAIT to see how YOUR dress looks!!! I am so excited for you! I hope you get it today!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gwen! I left my big ol'' fluorescent orange sticky note on the door this AM before I left for work, but I''m hoping I make it home before they even stop by!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how exciting! I agree with Freke that the necklace you''re wearing in the picture falls just exactly right. I love green amethyst - I don''t care if it''s just quartz with a fancy name, it''s a lovely colour.

Squeeee!!! (for the fan girls on the list...
2.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh,
I am so excited for you!!! You look gorgeous in the one that doesn''t fit, I can''t wait to see you in the one that does!!! woooo hooo!!!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh,

I had the same experience with trying to re-route a package the week before Memorial day. We had ordered a GPS unit, and were leaving for our trip on Thursday morning. Well, it was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, and if I hadn''t been such a doof I would have had it sent to my store where someone is always there to sign for it. I tried, like you, to follow the instructions to change the address or whatever and couldn''t get it to work. I finally called and the lady I spoke with said you can''t re-reoute or change it to a will call pickup till there has been one attempted delivery. Well, I left a note just like you, and then stalked the UPS tracking site ALL DAY. I was so distracted (and sick) so I went home a half hour early. Lucky me, I hadn''t even been home five minutes when the UPS guy drove up. I hope you have the same good luck that I did!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the scale and shape of the jewelry in the pic you posted - can''t wait to see more detail pics and I think your dress is going to look FANTASTIC on you all fitted and in your size
36.gif
36.gif

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I think the dress looks great on you and really flatters your figure. The jewelry also matches very well--understated but elegant. Can't wait to see pics of the real one!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Glad you won''t have to borrow mine after all! I of course am biased, but I LOVE that dress. Looks gorgeous on you!!!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t...Stand...The...Anticipation...

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh: Im sure i must have missed the orriginal post...but your dress is BEAUTIFUL! who is the maker?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies! It is killing me sitting here while my little tutee (is that a word???) is driving me crazy! Who tutors at the end of the school year anyways, I ask you? I can''t wait to get home and HOPE that I beat the UPS man. I have been checking the tracking all day, but all it says is that it left for delivery at 4:55 AM...agh!!! Only a little while to go...your posts have kept me motivated throughout the day, and you gals are cracking me up!
9.gif

pjean-Thanks for the compliments...I love the color, too! It is really hard to find green amethyst, quartz, etc..., and I have been on the hunt for a faceted bracelet that comes in about 7"...all I''ve found are 8" and can''t easily be re-sized, so I''ll either keep looking or go with something else. If I do manage to pull off some fuchsia shoes, there is a raspberry necklace I''ve been eyeing up that would match some antique earrings I already have, too! I''ll post both and see what everyone thinks!

Thanks, Skippy! You''re always so very sweet! I love hearing from you!

Hi Amandine...I hope I do, too! I''m keeping my fingers crossed, that''s for sure! I was wondering if I had to wait until they had at least tried to deliver it once before I could try to reroute it...that must''ve been the problem!

Thank you, AmberGretchen! I''ll try to take better pix of the jewelry up close again tonight, but I just can''t seem to get good photos of it!

Hi Newbie! Thanks for chiming in! I''ll have to go dig out my longer necklace so I can post both when I get home...I hope I didn''t break the one I have, and the rest are already moved to my FI''s house this past weekend with my jewelry box! I didn''t even think about possibly needing a different chain!

neatfreak!!! I was hoping you would see this! I know you''re biased, but it means a lot to have you chime in! I really, really hope I get it and that it actually FITS!!! Will report back later on all that! Thanks so much for checking in!

Choro...that was too funny! That exactly describes how I''ve been feeling ALL stinkin'' day! This is killing me!

Hi Sapphire...there was a very long thread on here titled "I''d Rather Try on Bikinis" that described my wedding dress woes back in January/February, I think! It actually got to be quite amusing, so if you''re bored, go take a gander at it one of these days! The dress is a Casablanca from Fall 2006, Style 1831 and I ordered it from Pearl''s Place in New Orleans for less than anywhere else I found, plus they only charged me $12 shipping, so I''m thinkin'' nobody is making any moolah off of me on this deal!
31.gif

Okay, everyone...almost time to head home...should be there by 4:15 PM Pacific time...woohoo! I will be back as soon as I can with an update, whether it''s good, bad or ugly!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
LOL! Hey! I tutor at the end of school!

Sooo...did ya get it? I''m excited too!! I can''t wait to see how it looks. Maybe you could put on your veil if you have it already and post more pics?

*plays Anticipation as background music for thread*

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL lily! I love the background music mode...totally digging it and humming in my own head now!

And nope, it''s not here...it took me forever to get home as one of the traffic lights was stuck on green (not going my way, of course!) and I just got home. Good news is, my note is still on the door, there is no sign of anything from UPS, so I''m hoping either I beat them here OR they saw my note and will try to stop by again later. I hope that they still have yet to stop by. I went and put another note on the door asking them to knock very LOUDLY as I can''t always hear the door when I''m upstairs...

I think I may be slowly going insane!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 7:36:42 PM
Author: Harleigh
LOL lily! I love the background music mode...totally digging it and humming in my own head now!

And nope, it''s not here...it took me forever to get home as one of the traffic lights was stuck on green (not going my way, of course!) and I just got home. Good news is, my note is still on the door, there is no sign of anything from UPS, so I''m hoping either I beat them here OR they saw my note and will try to stop by again later. I hope that they still have yet to stop by. I went and put another note on the door asking them to knock very LOUDLY as I can''t always hear the door when I''m upstairs...

Knock loudly?! Are you mad? Just sit on the front steps and tackle the UPS truck when it arrives!
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll keep my fingers crossed that my UPS man still thinks I''m cute and might be willing to stop by again if he misses me...little does HE know what''s in that box, right?
31.gif
Hey Harleigh -- see if you can get the delivery guy to stick around long enough to take a picture for you to share with us!
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 7:39:39 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 6/2/2008 7:36:42 PM
Author: Harleigh

Knock loudly?! Are you mad? Just sit on the front steps and tackle the UPS truck when it arrives!
3.gif
LMAO, Gwen! That just cracked my you-know-what up! If I didn''t have a west-facing house I might just consider that. However, I''m afraid I would''ve passed out by now if I''d tried sitting out there with no cover or shade! My house was 93 degrees upstairs when I got home today...yech!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 7:47:03 PM
Author: MINIMS

31.gif
Hey Harleigh -- see if you can get the delivery guy to stick around long enough to take a picture for you to share with us!
31.gif
Heh, heh, heh...if it was my old one, I''m sure he would LOVE that...if it''s anyone else, I think they may assume I''m nutso. Well, more nutso than they probably already think I am!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results