shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dress is DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous on you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love it, especially with the darts moved further down. Whoever said a perfect blend of classic and vintage was right on. You''ll make a beautiful bride!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor, Mustangfan, FG, Ebree: Thanks Guys! It is silly I guess, but it makes me feel more confidant to hear that other people like it!
5.gif

Gail: LOL! I was wondering if any PSers would notice that! Sadly, it wasn''t mine. My friend had picked up a money clip for the guy she''s dating earlier that day. It was my first time in the big store, though, and I loved it. I wanted to look around more, but my friend doesn''t really know how jewelry obsessed I am, so I didn''t want her to think I was weird.
3.gif

Jcrow: It seems sacriligous to post on here that I am not going to be wearing much jewelry, so thank you for the vote! I admire your style and taste, so I know you wouldn''t steer me wrong!
2.gif
And if you are ever in NY/NJ, we will have to have a gtg, and I will bring my dress if you bring your bling...
31.gif

Thank you so much to all of you who have followed me on this journey since the beginning. The feedback and support kept me from losing my mind the past few weeks, and I am so glad that I can share it with you all now.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ha, my plan was pearls and no other jewelry. until dh got me that lovely sparklie bracelet for the wedding. i couldn't resist. ha. so, i paired it with sparklie earrings for the reception only. bit it was pearl studs for the ceremony. sigh, you're going to look lovely!!!
and yes, a gtg it is, if i ever get my butt on a vacation to the north
9.gif
if ever you're in the south.... let me know! i wanna see your invites too
31.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous!
36.gif
It looks perfect on you!

Love the dress!
30.gif
WOW!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 1:18:49 PM
Author: fatafelice
Novia, Snlee, MINIMS, Climb2cloud9, Labbie, Risingsun, Robbie: Thank you all so much for your kind compliments!
5.gif

Selkie: Yes, it is antique lace! See the details of the original dress here. And jewelry is still sort of up in the air...I am leaning towards simple pearl studs for earrings and nothing else.

Monarch and Maisie: Aw, you''re too sweet! I hate my arms and shoulders, though...feel like a linebacker sometimes.
14.gif
But they don''t look any better with sleeves, so there isn''t much that any dress could do! lol

Jas: I do have a veil. It is a very plain silk tulle with a finished edge. The longer layer goes down about to where the train starts, and the blusher is elbow length.

Surfgirl: The seamstress who worked on my dress is absoletely amazing. I don''t even want to know how many hours she spent on this. She even had to constantly remove and re-apply the tape applique when changes were made! I am so grateful for the stunning job that she did. If anyone needs a vintage piece made over or is looking for a one-of-a-kind (and gorgeous) lace veil, check her out: Lynn Kiracofe. And I struggled with the veil issue, but in the end, wearing one makes me feel so much more *bridal* that I couldn''t give it up. But my veil is very light and simple, so I don''t think it will detract from the dress.

Oh man, I remember that now! I thought then that it was going to make an absolutely amazing dress, which it did. It really the perfect dress for both your personality and your figure, from the sounds of it. Pearl studs or even simple pearl drops would be gorgeous with it.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Your dress looks so beautiful on you! What an excellent choice.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Looks great! and you look SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

You''re going to make a beautiful bride!!!!!!!!!!!

M~

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you look at that happy beautiful lady in the GORGEOUS GOWN!!! It looks just perfect on you. And the dress now shows the fabric and your lovley figure off perfectly. CONGRATS! You should be thrilled!! You brought your vision to life and it looks wonderful on you!

widget

Ideal_Rock
FF...I rarely venture over here to the brides'' forums, and entirely missed your original thread regarding this lovely dress. (I''ve read it now, though!)

It is utterly utterly beautiful!! I SO MUCH admire your taste and vision! It simply couldn''t be more lovely!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

widget

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow: Don''t get me wrong...If FI gets me a sparklie wedding present, I am definitely going to wear it! But I''m not holding my breath...
39.gif

Starryeyed, Selkie, Krockie, Mandarine, Gypsy: Thanks, ladies! I am so glad that I have people to share it with...It is SOOOO hard not to show FI the pictures!!! I have never been able to keep a surprise from him this long before.
3.gif

Widget: Thank you so much! I greatly admire your taste (in gorgeous jewelry!), so I consider that high praise.
4.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I have watched this creation with interest (as I too had mine made) and I LOVE your outcome. The classic/vintage combo is obvious, but what I admire the most is that the lace doesn''t wear you - you *effortlessly* wear the lace!

Kudos to you and your dressmaker!
36.gif

I tried on so many laces (vintage) that swallowed me up. All I have to say is WOW. You are going to be a showstopper!

All the best - can''t wait to see the pics from your wedding!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Mela lu, you are too sweet!
5.gif

I am glad that it seems as if other people like it (nearly) as much as me! I hope my wedding guests have such good taste...
41.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!!! Oh my gosh it''s gorgeous... correction, you''re gorgeous!!!

And I don''t see any problem areas!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Sum!
35.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, lovely dress. It looks fantastic on your gorgeous figure and you look sooooo happy in it! I love it! FI''s gonna be blown away when he sees you in that dress, you look amazing!

Jen

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Dude, what the hell. I totally responded to this and it''s gone. Whatever. Anyway, the dress looks fabulous! Seriously, the lace was stunning by itself, but now it''s just perfect. You''re going to be beautiful!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
You look gorgeous in that amazing dress! I just looked at the pictures of the original dress - beautiful details. Your seamstress did a great job with it. Be sure to share more photos when you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results