shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dress is DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I should totally be asleep, since I am exhausted from walking all over Manhattan today in nearly 90 degree heat, but I am still so excited, that I just had to post! I had the last fitting today and my dress looked amazing! Everything I had been worried about after the last fitting was fixed, and the seamstress went above and beyond in the finishing details. Not only did it look great, it was SO comfortable. I didn''t want to take it off.

These pictures aren''t the best, but I hope you guys can get the idea. I hate seeing all of my "problem areas" in pics, but in person, I wasn''t even thinking about them when I had the dress on. I don''t have shoes on in these, because they are out being dyed, but they are only 2", so it won''t look much different with them on. I did also buy a vintage soft net crinoline on ebay, but I don''t know if I am going to use it. I''ll have to try it on when it gets here, but I am more happy with the shape of the dress this time around.

final fitting 001 crop web.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock

final fitting 002 crop web.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock

final fitting 012 crop web.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am such a dork! LOL!

final fitting 015 crop web.jpg

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif

the lace, the cut, the sash.... that dress is absolute PERFECTION!

congratulations!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
The last picture of you is so cute. You look so happy and excited (as you should be, it''s such an exciting time!).

I love your dress. It looks perfect on you! Beautiful.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful! Is it vintage lace? What are you planning to do for accessories and jewelry? It has such a classic look to it, and you look amazing!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fatafelice, you are SO not a dork, and what problem areas, lol???! You look beautiful even without hair and makeup, you chose the perfect dress for your figure and you will make a ravishing bride on your wedding day...hope you''ve warned your FI and bring smelling salts in case he passes out upon see you! It''s a beautiful dress!
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2007 1:22:28 AM
Author: novia

WOW!!!
30.gif

the lace, the cut, the sash.... that dress is absolute PERFECTION!

congratulations!!!
Novia said it all! Congratulations for daring to see your vision throughn to reality!

climb2cloud9

Shiny_Rock
Really, really pretty! Good job!!!
36.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
fata,
that dress is amazing, and you are bee-yootiful in it-
congratulations on having the finished product!!
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is lovely. The fabric, the fit...everything just flows together. No wonder you are so happy
1.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
It came out great!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! People will be murmuring (approvingly) all through your ceremony -- the back of that dress is divine...the front is too, don''t get me wrong, but I''m loving the lace and the buttons and the train.

Are you wearing a veil?

Congrats! I''m so happy for you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look absolutely amazing! I don''t see any problem areas! All I see is a beautiful girl trying her wedding dress and loving every minute!

And you didn''t look a dork in that photo! You look really cute!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It came out looking terrific! You have a wonderful tailor...the difference between the first photos and the most recent is really remarkable. Great job! Are you doing a veil or flowers in your hair? I vote for no veil and flowers since the lines of the train are so pretty.
21.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Novia, Snlee, MINIMS, Climb2cloud9, Labbie, Risingsun, Robbie: Thank you all so much for your kind compliments!
5.gif

Selkie: Yes, it is antique lace! See the details of the original dress here. And jewelry is still sort of up in the air...I am leaning towards simple pearl studs for earrings and nothing else.

Monarch and Maisie: Aw, you''re too sweet! I hate my arms and shoulders, though...feel like a linebacker sometimes.
14.gif
But they don''t look any better with sleeves, so there isn''t much that any dress could do! lol

Jas: I do have a veil. It is a very plain silk tulle with a finished edge. The longer layer goes down about to where the train starts, and the blusher is elbow length.

Surfgirl: The seamstress who worked on my dress is absoletely amazing. I don''t even want to know how many hours she spent on this. She even had to constantly remove and re-apply the tape applique when changes were made! I am so grateful for the stunning job that she did. If anyone needs a vintage piece made over or is looking for a one-of-a-kind (and gorgeous) lace veil, check her out: Lynn Kiracofe. And I struggled with the veil issue, but in the end, wearing one makes me feel so much more *bridal* that I couldn''t give it up. But my veil is very light and simple, so I don''t think it will detract from the dress.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your dress-you look great in it!! Your fiance will be blown away

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think a plain, simple veil will look lovely too!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Your dress is the most amazingly beautiful thing I''ve seen! It is perfect for you, both style and fit. Kudos to your seamstress. It is so lovely. Please post wedding pics, too. I just love how it accentuates your figure, but modestly. I went to a wedding recently and the bride was so well endowed, in a strapless gown and the view was , well, too spectacular.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so beautiful, I really love it! The overlay pattern is sooo pretty, I really love it and the cut of the dress looks great on you. I really like little sweep trains too, they are very graceful and elegant.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous!! You look beautiful in it! I love how its classic and vintagey-looking at the same time.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pretty dress!!! I can see how happy you look!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to ask...how are your "girls" being held up so high??? Is there a built in bra or are you wearing a regular bra or a corset? Please do tell!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It looks completely awesome! You look completely awesome!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Bee, Zoe, and Basil: Thank you so much! I love it!

Surfgirl: LOL! I have a "real" bra on (Victoria''s Secret shaping full coverage to be exact), which is why the top of the dress had to be completely opaque. I am a 36DD, so I don''t do very well with strapless bras.
20.gif

HappyAnniversary: Thanks! Originally, the neckline was even higher, but I thought I needed a *hint* of something up there! I just didn''t want my grandkids to look at my wedding photos one day and think, "OMG! Grandma was a hussie!"
2.gif

KCoursolle: Thank you! In the beginning of my dress hunt, I wasn''t really keen on trains at all, but I am SOOOOO happy with this one! I think it is the perfect length for me.

Amber: Thank you! That is pretty much what I was going for!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I''m so glad you''re happy with it... You''ll be stunning on your wedding day!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I like the dorky picture!! You look so happy, congrats on the dress, it fits and looks great!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome on you!!! Congratulations!!!!

And, is that a Tiffany bag in your photo? Do tell!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the dress, still
30.gif
this is truly one i wish i could see in person.
15.gif

one of a kind, vintage masterpeice! hats off to you for having such a vision! and seeing it through to the final stunning end!
pearl studs sound perfect! i''m with you on the no necklace too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results