shape
carat
color
clarity

*My Dress* ~ Finally made a choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
After 4 months of trolling every bridal salon in the Pacific Northwest - Canada & US
20.gif
and an ill-fated stint on Say Yes to the Dress, I''m excited to report that I have finally made a decision about my wedding dress!

I''ve found one that truly captures what I was seeking - Glamorous, Dramatic, Luxe, Opulent - yet still suits my personality by not being too over the top. In true PS fashion, I think that its the sparklies that got me ...

This dress is just so much more lively in person. The sparkle is beautiful and the embroidery is not nearly as overpowering as it appears in the picture.

This is what the dress will look like....

What my DSD will look like.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it''s gorgeous!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

I also wanted to say thanks to all of you who have helped me try to figure it out and find the right dress for me.

35.gif
Your assistance was very much appreciated! As soon as I have pics to share with me in it ... I will be happy to share.

For those who are curious - the hybrid just didn''t work out because I was too uncertain as to whether or not the end result would be satisfactory and felt as though it was too much of a risk. I am, however, still going custom in a way as I''m having a modified replica made.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh Freke - thanks so much!!
1.gif
I''m so happy you like it.
Now ... I''m on to shoes and a veil! Let''s see how long this takes me!
20.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! SHOES!!!!

Sooo...do you still want what you wanted before?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:38:52 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay!!! SHOES!!!!

Sooo...do you still want what you wanted before?
But, of course. Why do you ask? Wanna get into some trouble??
31.gif

I''m going to start venturing out to figure out if there is anything that I''m really stuck on and I''ll run them by you first ... unless I fall head over "heels"! Bwwwahhhaa!!
9.gif
<--- Sorry, couldn''t resist.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! It will look so dramatic and lovely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful,truly.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who have been following closely .. I know! It doesn''t have any ruffles of any type.
23.gif
What?! I could that be?!

I was obsessed with them and insistent upon having ruffles! Well ... I knew that this was the dress for me when I looked at it and didn''t even think about the fact that it was missing an elaborate ruffly train. That had to be clear sign, didn''t it?

Also - I just love the fact that the embroidery work in my dress will nicely match the scroll work in my engagement ring and the filigree/scrollwork motif that was on our Save the Dates (as shown in the pic) and will continue on our formal invites.

Could I be more excited??!
36.gif

LH STD blog3dress.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to start with the color? I think the other ones are probably not going to be found (here is to miracles though!). Did you want to stick with gold?

BTW, I bought my 2nd pair of wedding shoes today...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:52:46 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Do you want to start with the color? I think the other ones are probably not going to be found (here is to miracles though!). Did you want to stick with gold?

BTW, I bought my 2nd pair of wedding shoes today...
Such a naughty girl ... tsk, tsk, Freke!
25.gif
FABULOUS! I wanna see. I so loved the blue swarovski''d ones. You ARE still keeping those, right?

I do wish to stick with gold. A nice soft gold but I also want sparklies - whether they are on the heel or scattered - swarovskis are a must. I may even go for ivory shoes if the sparkle is right. I don''t want anything too brash but I would love something that is strappy and sexy with some beautiful sparkle to it.

I''m trying to calm my nerves b/c I want them NOW, however, our budget is a little strained right now so ... I''ll have to wait until a few more of our major payments are taken care of so that I can figure out how much I can spend on shoes and a veil.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
kittybean - Thank you! I''m so glad that you agree. It''s one thing loving a dress but it''s nice to know that others think that it is beautiful as well.
I''m a Leo so I''m all about making an entrance or being dramatic so it should be lots of fun to wear this dress!

Gypsy - Thank you so much! The sincerity in your response actually brought a tear to my eye - Umm, me - too wrapped up in this much??!
20.gif
I can only hope that my FI feels the same.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The white SWs will be worn during the ceremony, and I needed another pair that were: a)not white satin and more resistant to staining and dirt b)lower heel so I can walk around for more than 5 minutes in them (the SWs aren''t going to be very comfortable for very long) c) BLUE. The ones I bought do all of that!! AND, they were on sale for half off, so they didn''t break the bank either!

If I see something totally fabulous, should I post it for you?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That is a freakin'' FABULOUS dress! One of the nicest I''ve seen on PS. My friend wore a very similar one, the Mon Cheri Christina. It was simple yet glamorous and very "her." Congrats on finding a great dress!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
6.gif
36.gif
Hun it is beautiful, I love the detailing on it and I think it will suit you down to a tee :), congrats on finding the one
9.gif
so very happy for you.

What happened with SYTD?

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
wow!! That''s a beautiful dress! All the intricate details. Very Nice! Can''t wait to see the finished product with you in it!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
Yowzer! That's a stunning dress, very glam indeed.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Freke - Fabulous! GREAT idea. Given that any shoes that I find to match that dress will not be comfy ... I may have to find another "reception" pair so that I can move about. and YES! Please do. If I can buy them ... great! If not, I''ll store them away until I can!

jstarfireb - Thank you! Yay! You guys are getting me even more excited ... if that''s even possible! Okay - no fair - Why couldn''t I find your friend''s dress when I was looking???!! It''s gorgeous. Congrats to her as well!

Dee - Thanks! It does suit me ... Even though I''m not even in my dreams as thin as that model - it does really suit my curvy body and my flair for drama. I love the details as well. I keep laughing to myself thinking that on our wedding day I will be having the photographer take close up detail shots of the dress instead of of us. I hope that the gorgeous and elegant sparkle is captured in either our pics or on video. I would be so disappointed if it''s not visible.
SYTTD - Nothing much. I was just disappointed at finding "the" dress but not being able to afford it right then. I somehow had it in my mind that they would offer a great discount or "make it happen" but it just doesn''t work that way all the time so ... all in all, it was a bust ... apart from the fact that I got to try on my dream dress and feel beautiful in it soo.. not really a bust at all - I just didn''t get to take it home with me then. We''ll see if they talk mess about me when the episode airs b/c I didn''t buy a dress. They got pretty pushy trying to make the sale when the cameras were not on. It''s their job, I guess.

GoodSoul - Thank you! I can''t wait either .... this waiting period is going to be the worst! Same goes for me ... I can''t wait to see which dress you choose. Are you going to be able to get pictures of yourself in the Romona Keveza dress for us to see?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:52:00 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
For those of you who have been following closely .. I know! It doesn't have any ruffles of any type.
23.gif
What?! I could that be?!

I was obsessed with them and insistent upon having ruffles! Well ... I knew that this was the dress for me when I looked at it and didn't even think about the fact that it was missing an elaborate ruffly train. That had to be clear sign, didn't it?
But Sparkie, it does have ruffles -- it has one big huge one, anyway -- starting halfway down the skirt!

Anyhow, that's a stunning dress! Can't wait to see it worn by a smiling BTB instead of some sullen poser!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol VRB!!!!

Yeah it''s one big ruffle!!!!

(I''m going to go look at shoes now.)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it''s gorgeous! Can''t wait to see it on you.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
That dress is gorgeous!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That sucks hun
7.gif
I thought from what I had heard on here they give awesome discounts for appearing on the show, tell us when your ep airs so I can youtube it :D. And as for the model I am certain you will look as if not more so amazing in that dress then she does :D.

I so totally have to agree with VRBeauty Your dress has one awesomely fantastic ruffle it was the first thing I thought when I read that :). I can''t wait to see pics of you in it :D

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Yay Spark!!
36.gif
36.gif

The dress is beautiful and you are going to look stunning in it!!!

Do post your linky to the episode, we would love to see it!!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo Sparkalicious! I saw in your thread that you had ordered your dress and was wondering if I had missed something!

I can''t wait to see the final result! I love the fact that the embroidery will match your engagement ring and Save The Dates!!

I ADORE your save the dates by the way! Not sure if you''ve posted those on PS before but they''re so cute!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i LOVE this! it''s beautiful and so classic - when do we estimate this project (ahemm....masterpiece i mean) will be done??? i can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on finding your dress!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
looks stunning!!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS! Of course I am a little biased because it does remind me of my dress

Love love love it. Glamorous and dramatic but still timeless and romantic.

By the way, who makes this stunning gown?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Spark! I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results