shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress came in! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
My dress was delivered to the shop last week, and I got to go "visit" it on Saturday.
1.gif
It was really nice to finally see the dress on me in the right size. The dress is from Casablanca - style 1832.

The fit is pretty good ~ just needs to be taken in a little for the chest and waist, and have bra cups sewn in (it is pinned a little in the pictures). Casablanca was supposed to cut it in the proper length for me, but somehow that got screwed up and it is a couple of inches too long ... but that will be taken care of by the seamstress at no extra cost to me.

Any way, just thought I would share! In many of the pics I''m wearing a fingertip length veil, but I''m not so sure I want a veil. The ceremony is going to be outside, and I just have this vision of it being windy and the veil just getting in the way. I''m also going to be wearing my hair up, and I''m afraid of my hair getting messed up as I would not want to wear the veil at the reception. What do you all think?

Also, since the bodice is so decorated, I am thinking of maybe skipping a necklace and just wearing some dangly earrings (maybe chandelier?) I thought I would ask my ever-knowledgeable PS''ers for advice! Thanks!!!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
From the front (my camera cord got in the way on the side):

casablanca1832_front2.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
From the side:

casablanca1832_sideview.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
From the back:

casablanca1832_back.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
LUV it!!! What a pretty dress! Looks like it fits you well already...so you will be stunning when it is complete.

I would say no necklace...just my opinion but i think brides totally over do it with a necklace, earrings, rings, braclet, tiara etc.
Let the dress (with you in it ) do the talkin''

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a pic without the veil, but with a pair of chandelier earrrings that they had in the shop. I think these particular earrings are a little too big for me, but I kind of like the idea. What do you think?

casablanca1832_earrings.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 11:57:59 AM
Author: Jas12
LUV it!!! What a pretty dress! Looks like it fits you well already...so you will be stunning when it is complete.

I would say no necklace...just my opinion but i think brides totally over do it with a necklace, earrings, rings, braclet, tiara etc.
Let the dress (with you in it ) do the talkin''
Thanks Jas12! I think I''m with you on trying not to ''over adorn'' myself. The shop owner got me to try on a tiara, and I think I had it on for about 5 seconds before I took it off. I just don''t know if I can pull off that look.

Right now I''m leaning towards a pair of earrings and some jeweled hairpins for my up-do.

Oh, and it looks like some of the details are blurred a bit b/c I had to resize my pics to be able to post them. But the dress details look good in the original pics.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
It looks lovely on you! What a great dress. I think that you can skip the necklace, but if you really want to wear one, I would do a simple chain that comes just a tiny bit lower than your collarbone, or a chain with a small diamond pendant. And I would go small on the earrings, too. Just see a little sparkle, not a huge piece of jewelry.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful dress! Stunning on you! I love how it scallops under your arms! I can''t wait to see what it looks like when it''s the perfect size for you!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the scallops too!! They are gorgeous on this dress and super flattering. What a beautiful dress!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is very pretty and it looks great on you!
36.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
krockie, FacetFire, kcoursolle, ImpatientOne ~
Thank you all for all of the kind words. I''m very excited to have the alterations done -- I''m going back towards the end of March for that fitting.

I like the scalloping as well -- makes it a little bit different!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress...and you look beautiful in it!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That dress looks beautiful on you! So flattering! And I love the back/train!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
It is just stunning on you!
you must be thrilled,

congrats!

and i like the idea of just some earrings versus too much bling, that dress speaks for itself
36.gif
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful dress!!! You look gorgeous in it!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! How beautiful!!

I totally agree that dangly earrings and no necklace is a lovely idea...that gorgeous gown needs little help!

(I recently watched some awards program on TV.....Golden Globes?... and noticed a ton of strapless gowns, but very few necklaces. You''d be right in style!
1.gif
)

widget

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress!
30.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess, fatafelice, SanDiegoLady, labbielove, Rascal49, widget, anchor31 ~

Thank you all so much! I''m glad that others think it is pretty, too. I haven''t been able to find any pictures of other "real" people in the dress, so I really appreciate all of the compliments.

Also, thanks for the input on OK''ing the dangling earrings and no necklace. I think that''s what I''m going to do.

What do you all think of the veil versus no veil debate? It''s an outdoor ceremony in May. I don''t want to feel unbride-like by not wearing a veil, but I do keep envisioning the wind causing "attack of the killer veil"
1.gif

My MOH told me that they make detachable veils so that should help keep my hair intact b/c I definitely don''t want to wear one at the reception (clearly I haven''t done enough veil research).

Did/is anyone choosing not to wear a veil? Does anyone regret not wearing a veil?

Ugh ... so many decisions!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it!! I don''t have a preference on the veil issue --- I''m getting married on the beach and likely in the wind with a cathedral-length veil and I can''t WAIT to see it blow. :)Wear what you feel comfortable with -- the dres is AMAZING!
jen

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Re. the veil issue,
I debated as well, and decided to do a single layer veil on a comb for ceremony only
and then for reception wear a flower or brooch.

For an outdoor ceremony a flower would be a good "bridey" option ( a single gardenia?) i''m picturing a low/loose bun with a flower to the side? gorgeous. also have seen beautiful updos with stephanotis scatterred throughout
(Travelin Gal?? was that you?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results