shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress came in and its too small!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I called local upscale bridal salon that is having a sample sale so I made an appt with them for Wednesday as my Plan B. They also said they have my dress 2 sizes up for super cheap (sample)...too bad they don''t have it one size up.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how stressful, apple!
15.gif
I''ll bet that between your seamstress letting the dress out & you wearing Spanx, you''ll be ok, but it''s reassuring that you have a plan B. Let us know how it goes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe yes that canker cover stuff feels so icky in the mouth. i also have 'mouth issues', aka hate things in my mouth like going to the dentist, strange tastes, so the weird gummy feel of the canker cover was SO grossing me out, i was happy to fall asleep. i also had a few sores melded into one from some dental work that was done...i couldn't really say that the stuff worked unfortunately but it's nice to think it does.
2.gif
also i had some near the lip that it didn't work for at all because it was too dry and then it just got STUCK literally to the sore and when i pulled it away it hurt even worse.
39.gif
BAD TIMES I TELL YA!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry! I am sure that is all going to work out though!! Not to worry everything is going to be wonderful!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my alterations appt today and Arlene is so wonderful. I also put on my spanx and I think I lost a teeny bit from not being able to eat much last week due the evil canker sore, so getting in was a little easier. By the way my mouth feels so much better...Saturday night I ate a whole hamburger I was so hungry.

Anyway she''s going to let out my dress a little in the hips and it will be ready the end of next week. And that, the bustle, and 2 cleanings will all be under $100, so much cheaper and faster than if I''d had it done at the bridal shop. And I don''t even need to have the dress hemmed, its just right with my Jimmy Choo''s.

Thank you for all your support.

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
hurray for disaster averted by spanx and a good seamstress!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
awesome! i knew it''d work out!

by the way- you can''t say jimmy choo and not post pics!!! **please**?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 7:21:28 PM
Author: Faerievert
hurray for disaster averted by spanx and a good seamstress!

and a canker sore!

glad to hear all is well!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad it worked out Apple!
36.gif

I''m really worried that my dress isn''t going to fit (we ordered it to my exact measurements for some reason).... so I may be Spanx-ing it too!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, and I''ve GOTTA see those Jimmy Choo''s
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s great appletini! I can''t imagine how panicked I would have been... But yay!
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have these in silver, they are my favorite shoes, so of course I have to wear them on my wedding day.

appletinischoos.JPG

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 10:30:38 PM
Author: LizzieC
I''m so glad it worked out Apple!
36.gif

I''m really worried that my dress isn''t going to fit (we ordered it to my exact measurements for some reason).... so I may be Spanx-ing it too!
Lizzie, Your dress will be fine, my hips at the time of the order were a 1/2 inch larger than the size chart. I recommend the spanx!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention this, I guess I''ll put it in this thread. I went to an anitque show with my FMIL on Saturday, one of the booths had antique jewelry with some beautiful rings. The shop owner asked me if mine was an heirloom ring. It was one the best compliments I could could have ever gotten on my ring since thats the look I was going for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results