shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dress and I - Not friends right now

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I mostly agree with everything that everyone has said, lol. :)) I ah-dooore your dress (I love the romantic feel!) and the colour and everything about it-- I just think it need to be tailored to fit your body and you'll feel a whole lot better.

I wanted to chime in because I too am very pale and used to have issues with red spotty arms, and basically what helped was to loofah the HECK out of my arms in the shower every day (or use exfoliant if you can) and moisturize afterwards, consistently. At first it didn't do much, but over time I have realized that my arms just aren't splotchy or red-dot-y anymore!

Anyway, hope that helps! :))

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, also, on the arms - my sisters both have this and one got a cream from her dermatologist with some kind of acid in it, and it has worked wonders!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Another KP sufferer here...my dermatologist recommended several OTC lotions for KP. The ones she recommended are Lachydrin 12, Amlactin, Lacticare, Carmol 20 and U-Lactin. I was able to find Amlactin at my local Walgreen's, and have used it for several months. I can tell a huge difference. I'd say it took about a month to notice improvement. Just thought I'd pass that information along!

And....your dress is STUNNING. But, as others have said, YOU need to feel stunning in it. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1315901925|3016347 said:
Well, after giving this thread another read, it sounds like starting from scratch is what you really want to do deep down, and it's cool that you have the option to do that. I'd give it a shot. I'm sure you could find a buyer for the dress you have.

A bit off-topic, but I have to disagree with halter tops being not so good for broad shoulders. I think halters are incredibly flattering on them. I have broad shoulders and look better in a halter top than almost any other neckline (so I had my strapless wedding dress altered into a halter top). They draw the eyes inward. But anyway, you're not really looking at a halter top for either option, so I digress...

I think it also depends on your overall shape - Halters don't do things for me because they make me look smaller up top and disproportionate to the width of my hips. However on someone with broader shoulders than hips, I think it would mak them look more proportionate.

slg47 said:
I don't think you have broad shoulders at all! I would get a new dress since it seems that is what you really want to do. Hopefully you can sell this one on POWD or something similar. Plus if you get one custom made it will fit right in the top/be the right length/etc.

I think this is the major ++++ of geting something made - I'm thinking anything off the rack will have length and booby issue for me.

rosetta said:
Speaking as a 32E girl myself, the top of that dress is too small for you. Period. It's the classic look I get in dress one size too small in the bust area.

Your boobs are spilling out of the top and sides, causing the 'armpit fat' effect.

Getting another bra won't change it, the dress needs to be altered. Dress is gorgeous and really suits your colouring but you gotta do something to make it fit your va va voom cleavage better. Then, you'll be a total knockout!

Failing that, another dress....

Big boobed girls, unite! :cheeky:

Thanks Rosetta, I appreciate the honesty from some one who "gets it". You're right, It doesn't fit.

OUpeargirl said:
I've got a jacket verrrrrry similar to the one you posted. In fact, it could be the same one! :razz:

I think your first dress is lovely, but you don't seem just oozing with love for it. I am obsessed with my dress. I could wear it every single day... If you don't have that feeling then keep looking!

Hi OUpeargirl- I know you have one pretty same, I LOVE yours :love: You would be the inspiration behind this look if I ending up with something similar. You look frekin amazing in your dress. I Guess your right, I don't feel amazing in my dress. I feel a bit weird. I have cocktail dresses I feel more amazing in. I have WORK OUTFITS I feel more amazing in. Urrg what was I thinking :nono:

Amys Bling said:
I think starting over may make you the most happy.

I think your right. I may have to get over feeling like this is a bit of a failure.

Jessie702 said:
Personally, I love the dress on you, and see where the concern is. If you stick with the dress, is it possible to have maybe a lace shurg, maybe a bite more tight fitting made to cover your arms. Something that would ADD to the dress, and not take away from it. Also, would a small heel like someone else said work? I know i could never wear heels on my wedding day, and be comfy, ill be rocking heels for the ceremony and flats for dinner and dancing.

Also, I LOVE the color on you, its bring out something in your skin tone. Its almost like it makes your radiant.

BUT if your not completely and 100% comfortable in the dress, than look around a bit, try something else on, and see if you can find something you will LOVE.

Honestly, getting a shrug that will complement this dress sounds like a bit of a nightmare to me. I guess that's a sign in itself. And pretty much ANY heal would be out with this dress. I tried shoes of all different heights and it would literally have to be less than 1/2 an inch and the MOST.

thing2of2 said:
Ditto this, minus the big boobed part! :cheeky: It's definitely too tight on your bust. And you definitely do not look fat-it just isn't the right size for you. I would either get it let out, add a corset back, or get a new dress. Sounds like that's what you're leaning towards anyway.

Thanks Thing2, the thing is, IMO I'm not fat. I don't want a dress which makes me feel fat on my wedding day. I was seduced by the pretty flowing back I tell you!

Novel said:
As a 34E who had her own "armpit fat" experiences trying on dresses yesterday, a very big ditto to this. Your body is gorgeous, there is nothing wrong with it. It's just that that dress, as it is, doesn't fit. If you can get a different dress and prefer it (which it sounds like you do), I see nothing wrong with that. But a good seamstress should also be able to help you get a better fit up top with this dress, too.

Thanks Novel. I think I am leaning significantly towards a new dress.

asymons412 said:
I mostly agree with everything that everyone has said, lol. :)) I ah-dooore your dress (I love the romantic feel!) and the colour and everything about it-- I just think it need to be tailored to fit your body and you'll feel a whole lot better.

I wanted to chime in because I too am very pale and used to have issues with red spotty arms, and basically what helped was to loofah the HECK out of my arms in the shower every day (or use exfoliant if you can) and moisturize afterwards, consistently. At first it didn't do much, but over time I have realized that my arms just aren't splotchy or red-dot-y anymore!

Anyway, hope that helps! :))

I love the dress too because it's so romantic looking, which is probably why I got it, because it is a beautiful dress. It's just probably not MY beautiful dress.

I've done the big exfoliating every day before and didn't see any real results. I'm trying to keep it up this time.

Novel said:
Oh, also, on the arms - my sisters both have this and one got a cream from her dermatologist with some kind of acid in it, and it has worked wonders!

Lactic acid is ment to be good. I am struggling to find a body lotion in NZ with lactic acid in it. I have a face cream which has lactic acid but at $130 a bottle, it is NOT going on my arms. lol.

Okie_girl said:
Another KP sufferer here...my dermatologist recommended several OTC lotions for KP. The ones she recommended are Lachydrin 12, Amlactin, Lacticare, Carmol 20 and U-Lactin. I was able to find Amlactin at my local Walgreen's, and have used it for several months. I can tell a huge difference. I'd say it took about a month to notice improvement. Just thought I'd pass that information along!

And....your dress is STUNNING. But, as others have said, YOU need to feel stunning in it. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Okie, thanks for that, I have read a lot of reviews which recommend Amlactin but I don't think this product is available in New Zealand. If I don't find anything similar here I'm going to order some online from the US. My sister had the same issue and it just went away once she went vegan....turns out I love meat and dairy more than I hate the red dots :lol:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
To summarize from those who (understandably) can't be bothered reading the above:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your honest (hopefully) opinions, and also all the lovely self esteem boosting comments. Everything you have said has really (honestly) helped me sort out my thoughts and feelings about the dress situation. My main problem is I didn't know what I wanted. I think I do now.

I do love this dress. It is a great colour on me and I love the romantic flowing train and fitted bodess. If I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought it.

BUT, it's probably not really "me" and I think something a lot more simple and fitted with some kick ass accessories would make me feel amazing.

So, I'm going to try and pursue having something super simple and fairly inexpensive made and put the money into what will make me happiest, which is some amazing accessories!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I gotta say - as someone that is 5'10" I had to wear flats in my wedding. But I'm also an inch taller than hubby. There was NO dress I tried on that I could have worn heels without ordering extra length. I was told over and over that the dresses are made for a 5'7" woman to wear a 3 inch heel. Well that equal 5'10" me barefoot or wearing flats! lol. So if you were to start over I think you'd have to order extra length.

I think. . .I like the color on you. I like the style of the dress. I do NOT like the top. I'm being 100% honest - it's too tight. I understand the large boob thing. I have a friend with large ones. But you can still stop the spilling over look and to me it looks like you are spilling. My first thought would be "I hope she doesn't pop out!"

However, the rest of the dress - the color, the poof, the bling - I think it looks fantastic!

But I feel you want a different dress. Put this one up for sale and move to what you really want. You only do this once! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results