shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dream Ring....The Search Is On

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is my dream ring and it is from Leon! I''m going to source my own pink EC stone. This one is a spinel. I''m thinking around 2 ct. or so. The color will be the issue. Have you seen any pink EC stones like this?

Lori

r566a.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Instead of helping you I''ll give you a few statistic data, just to show you what is it that you''re looking for. After reading "EC spinel" I thought to myself "do they even exist?". And after browsing the selection of multicolour.com I realised I was right by asking that, cause out of 185 spinels in their stock, just 7 were in the shape of octagon. It gets even worse if you browse their sapphires - only 18 out of 950. Tourmalines are much easier to find; 50 out of 195. Of course, I wasn''t refering just to pink stones.

So I wish you good luck and a lot of patience
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
That''s what I was afraid of......thank you ma re!

Lori

stacy

Shiny_Rock
That is so gorgeous, Lori! And I adore that pink spinel.

With the Tuscon gem show coming up, maybe you can contact some cutters and see if they can be on the lookout for some rough that may work... I would definitely get in touch with Barry Bridgestock at acstones.com, Brad at thegemtrader.com, and Jeff White at whitesgems.com. I''m sure there''s someone out there who can help you out!

Good luck (and keep us posted)!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I would call around to see if you can get one cut just for your project. Gorgeous!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous project!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If your budget is *adjustable* you can get THIS emerald cut 2.67 ct heated pink topaz. That is if you don''t mind spending about a thousand dollars on something rather fragile
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 7:32:11 AM
Author:loriken214
This is my dream ring and it is from Leon! I''m going to source my own pink EC stone. This one is a spinel. I''m thinking around 2 ct. or so. The color will be the issue. Have you seen any pink EC stones like this?

Lori
Yes, that one.
9.gif
I''ll keep my eye out.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''d call up the cutters for that one. You can find Malaya garnet in that hue. Gorgeous ring, and one of my favorite colors!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think this sounds like a custom cut project. Can''t wait to see how it turns out though - what a beautiful inspiration ring
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a fun project. I will let you know if I see something

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
FYI--Gary Braun of finewater gems just took a trip to Sri Lanka and is on his way back with a variety of stones, several of which he told me were suited for step cuts. He''s very helpful and I''m sure could tell you quickly whether or not he has something that might work for you.

Good luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 7:32:11 AM
Author:loriken214

Lori
I love that ring. What a fun project for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results