shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream emerald from Ivy and Rose

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore it! I'd watched Ivy and Rose for a while, honestly probably years, and recently started seeing some nice gemstones come through. This one is 1.6cts, a classic 8x6mm size. It has a GIA certificate and is Colombian, F2 in treatment level. In person it's absolutely gorgeous, a fresh deep-bright green in the sunlight, and a deeper green in incandescent or overcast light.

I want to get this set pronto, how would you set it? I love emerald cuts but I'm finding that there are fewer options for emerald cut settings then there are for rounds, ovals, and cushions. I'm thinking about a three stone with diamond sides. Do you have any fave proportions for sidestones? My other thought is a simple solitaire with a diamond band with miligrain edges.
IMG_1163.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 59

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous stone!! It's so vibrant and rich - I definitely recommend a high carat yellow gold

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SUCH a gorgeous stone! For setting… I’m rather partial to the three stone idea! Here is my I&R emerald with emerald cut sides. The step cut Cadillacs on the sapphire (also from I&R) could also be a cool option!

IMG_7485.jpeg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@Dee*Jay - I adore your Ivy and Rose rings!!! GORGEOUS! I think the three stone on your emerald is the style that I want for this ring. Seeing their work on your rings has inspired me to go back to them for a setting.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore it! I'd watched Ivy and Rose for a while, honestly probably years, and recently started seeing some nice gemstones come through. This one is 1.6cts, a classic 8x6mm size. It has a GIA certificate and is Colombian, F2 in treatment level. In person it's absolutely gorgeous, a fresh deep-bright green in the sunlight, and a deeper green in incandescent or overcast light.

I want to get this set pronto, how would you set it? I love emerald cuts but I'm finding that there are fewer options for emerald cut settings then there are for rounds, ovals, and cushions. I'm thinking about a three stone with diamond sides. Do you have any fave proportions for sidestones? My other thought is a simple solitaire with a diamond band with miligrain edges.
IMG_1163.jpeg

I just want to say that you have beautiful hands and the stone looks great on you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the stone, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I am an EC lover, and have a few inspiration setting pics, and my own personal favourite is an air gap/line halo like these:

s-l400.jpg

For a 3-stone, I would probably opt for a pair of step cut traps or ECs as side stones.

Looking forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay - I adore your Ivy and Rose rings!!! GORGEOUS! I think the three stone on your emerald is the style that I want for this ring. Seeing their work on your rings has inspired me to go back to them for a setting.

Ilya sourced the side stones for me. He came up with a bunch of options until we hit on the proportion that I liked best. I designed the setting, but they did a great job executing it! I love the side view and the tiny claw prongs.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. Looking forward to your jewelry project!

I always look forward to posts where folks have found their dream stone... BIG congrats on this beauty! I do love a good 3 stone ring and this stone is large enough to hold its own. Stick with step cuts like traps or bullets. Have fun!!

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
What @Neptune said. I can't get over how beautiful your hands are. Everything will look amazing

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That emerald is gorgeous! The color looks so rich and vibrant! :kiss2: I can’t wait to see how you set it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone! I'm also partial to a 3 stone in this case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results