shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY centerpices and Bridal Canvas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of my decided upon wedding details...

em1canvas2.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share a pic of my DIY centerpiece. I''m going to be changing a few things to refine the idea however you get the general idea. It was surpisingly easy to make and i did it in under an hour. For the real thing I''m going to be using real flowers as well as I''m going to use different things in the vases other than the spanish moss, however for demonstration purposes the SM was quite cheap. I''m tossing up ideas on where to get my flowers from but I''m not sure what I am going to do about that yet.

DSC01127.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
please excuse the curtians and the cat in the background. It was so sunny out when I took the pic. LOL

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
The centerpiece looks great. I like how it is high and narrow, so people can easily talk to each other at the table.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I like it too! (I also love the curtains and the kitty!!!)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 10:23:57 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81
The centerpiece looks great. I like how it is high and narrow, so people can easily talk to each other at the table.
oh good. I was going for that tall and thin idea so you can talk to people. I really needed the height from the cp''s as our venue had rediculously high cealings.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I love those centerpieces... I think it would be even better though if you added in the kitty!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Um, are we the same person
1.gif
? From the EC e-ring to the green cymbidiums to the dark purple bridesmaid dresses to the purple shoes, our inspiration boards look strikingly similar! I must say I think you have excellent taste, and that purple and green look just right together
9.gif

I''d post my inspiration board, but it''s not quite up to snuff yet. I may have to try out Bridal Canvas as I was just using Paint (I know--so technologically-challenged of me).

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Oobie...my fiance is not keen on the kitty idea. Believe me, I tried. I even got him a purple collar.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:35:24 PM
Author: kittybean
Um, are we the same person
1.gif
? From the EC e-ring to the green cymbidiums to the dark purple bridesmaid dresses to the purple shoes, our inspiration boards look strikingly similar! I must say I think you have excellent taste, and that purple and green look just right together
9.gif

I''d post my inspiration board, but it''s not quite up to snuff yet. I may have to try out Bridal Canvas as I was just using Paint (I know--so technologically-challenged of me).
LOL...kitty...too funny. When I was in college I developed this obsession with purple and light green. I tried to get away with that in our bedroom after we bought our condo a year and a half ago but DF wasn''t having it. The shoes were actually the first purchase that I made. They are amzaing! I considered brown dresses but couldn''t put my arms around the guys in brown anything. When we went to look at the brown dresses I didn''t like them. I wanted to get our bm dresses at POB cause that is where my dress is from so everyone got 15% off. The POB brown has gold undertones and all my friends know how much I love dark purple so...it was settled. Dark purple it is.

niferpie

Rough_Rock
I really like it! I''m thinking of doing something similar except with green apples instead of the moss. May I ask where you got the branches from?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:41:03 PM
Author: niferpie
I really like it! I''m thinking of doing something similar except with green apples instead of the moss. May I ask where you got the branches from?

The branches are from: http://www.nettletonhollow.com/index.html Since I was just doing a trial run I ordered the 3piece under $50 option. The branches are really short so I had to connect them to inexpensive bamboo that I got at michaels. I connected them with cable ties. I want to do white rocks and or blueberries in some of the centerpieces but really if I decide to go this route then I will probably spend more money and get the long branches and put nothing in the base. It is really expensive to ship the branches so I figured that a trial run would be best suited and then I improvised some. Nettleton Hollow has a blog and they discuss a lot of DIY. I really don''t like the moss but like I said earlier its extreamly cheap and good for a trial run since I had to hide the base of the branches.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love the centerpieces, I have been thinking of doing branches myself it is so simple and effective, well I think so.

I adore your kitty, is he a sphinx? I just wannna squish him with cuddles:)

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your purple and green. But I absolutely your DIY centerpieces very nice!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Emerald!! (And Kittybean!!) Our colors are dark purple and light green also! -- well, to the extent that we have ''colors.''

I''m thinking dark purple bridesmaid dresses... and our cake will be white with dark purple accents (i just got a sketch from the baker and it is so pretty!) - then the flowers will be green and white during the ceremony and purple (maybe purple and green) at the reception. I haven''t chosen invitations yet, but my save the dates are also in this color scheme...

Needless to say, I love your colors! And your DIY centerpieces are most impressive. Have you gotten BM dresses yet? May I ask where you got them?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 2:12:47 AM
Author: Deelight
I love the centerpieces, I have been thinking of doing branches myself it is so simple and effective, well I think so.

I adore your kitty, is he a sphinx? I just wannna squish him with cuddles:)
Yes, D...he is a sphynx. Let me see if I can dig up a picture or two for you. brb...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here is another pic of my kittty. I know there are more pictures in some cat thread on ps but I''ll find that later.

em1Tini.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 8:53:28 AM
Author: TheBigT
Emerald!! (And Kittybean!!) Our colors are dark purple and light green also! -- well, to the extent that we have ''colors.''

I''m thinking dark purple bridesmaid dresses... and our cake will be white with dark purple accents (i just got a sketch from the baker and it is so pretty!) - then the flowers will be green and white during the ceremony and purple (maybe purple and green) at the reception. I haven''t chosen invitations yet, but my save the dates are also in this color scheme...

Needless to say, I love your colors! And your DIY centerpieces are most impressive. Have you gotten BM dresses yet? May I ask where you got them?

OOHH...I can''t wait to see your cake! Please post a pic. Our venue actually provides the cake so its not something I''m really thinking about yet. I''d love to see your save the dates too. I just posted mine on her last friday. Thanks for the comment on the centerpieces. Yes, the bm dresses have been picked out and they are melissa sweet. I couldn''t find a good picture to show you but I brouht 5 of my girls with me to try them on and everyone of them liked the style that we chose. It is the one on the inspiration board. The color purple of those dresses is called fig and it is absolutley stunning in the pic.

I actually think at the reception most of the colors will be brown with light green accents. I love the purple but I didn''t want to go crazy so there will lots of color. Anyway...I can''t wait to see your details and save the dates.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Okay, first - your cat is amazing. He looks like a statue! The eyes are incredible.

I will definitely post pics when I get my Save the Dates and I''ll do the cake at the same time (should be any day now)!

As I was describing my colors, I felt like maybe it''s purple overkill. I''ll have to find a way to maybe replace some of the purple with more green or white. I don''t want it to be too overwhelming - I think there''s a thin line between fabulous and tacky, sometimes...yikes! Definitely don''t want to cross that line.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the eggplant purple! I really like your centrepieces too...I'm a sucker for branches!! Your venue looks striking....I wonder if you've posted about your venue before? It's gorgeous.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EM1,

I love your choices. Is that your dress? Did you have a post about it here? It is gorgeous!

What are the dark flowers in the bouquet? It''s such a striking bouquet. I love it!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Yes...that is my dress. There are pics somewhere on here. I''ll find the link in a minute. Those are actually dark purple calla lillies. I know I''m so excited about my bouquet.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 9:45:04 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Date: 11/4/2008 9:36:33 AM
Author: kama_s
LOVE the eggplant purple! I really like your centrepieces too...I''m a sucker for branches!! Your venue looks striking....I wonder if you''ve posted about your venue before? It''s gorgeous.

YUP...Here is the link to the pictures of the venues...church, rehersal dinner, and reception https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-want-to-see-pictures-of-my-venues.92307/
EM, it''s SO beauiful! I love it! The view from the deck is astounding!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 8:58:20 AM
Here is another pic of my kittty. I know there are more pictures in some cat thread on ps but I'll find that later.

OMG he is beautiful, look at those eye's and the wrinkles I have a big soft spot for sphinx kitties and wanted my second kitty to be one, but I found my second kitty in the abandoned by his mum in my backyard and he was another fuzzball oh well.

ETA: OMG your dress is stunning it looks like it was made for you
30.gif
, beautiful

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
L O V E all of it - especially the purple color! I may have to see if I can sneak some eggplant into my pallet now!

As for the handsome Kitty - I do believe a nice purple collar would suit him perfectly as a potential "ring bearer" - and since he''s a sphynx you don''t even need to worry about getting hair all over the beautiful dresses - all the more reason he should be included
31.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks great!! some the diy centerpiece mockup!! and of course as always i LOVE your dress!! Did you decide on a veil yet??

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 10:33:50 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 11/4/2008 8:58:20 AM
Here is another pic of my kittty. I know there are more pictures in some cat thread on ps but I''ll find that later.

OMG he is beautiful, look at those eye''s and the wrinkles I have a big soft spot for sphinx kitties and wanted my second kitty to be one, but I found my second kitty in the abandoned by his mum in my backyard and he was another fuzzball oh well.

ETA: OMG your dress is stunning it looks like it was made for you
30.gif
, beautiful
Thanks! I''m obsessed with my dress. It was the second dress I tried on and I just couldn''t take it off. I love it. As for the kitty...I''m so allergic to furballs..I mean sooooooooo allergic. For some reason I''m not allergic to these cats. I really don''t know why. He''s almost 7 years old and he sleeps right up next to me and I have no allergy to him. Other cats, well you might as well give me a double dose of benadryl before I got within 10 feet of them. Beacuse of this growing up we had dogs. My mom actually developed an allergy to her two siamese shortly after I was born and they had to give them up. I''m so happy that I found a cat that i can have because I absolutley love their temprament. Maybe its just this breed but I love him. He fetches and everything. He does have one really annoying habbit though...he chews up really expensive leather. So, bags and shoes must be kept out of his way. He''s done this since he was a baby and I''ve tried every chew deterent there is. Nothing works.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results