shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of the diamond my boyfriend just got. It got a 1.4 on the HCA scale. He thinks it looks great (I haven''t seen it beyond these pictures yet), but feel free to comment if you have anything to add!

Here is the link and the specs:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00984518&filter_id=0

Carat weight: 0.55
Cut: Very Good
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 60.9%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Very thin to thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Crown angle: 35.0
Pavilion angle: 40.8
Measurements: 5.30 x 5.34 x 3.24 mm

SarahDiamond2.JPG

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Here is a shot of it in the temporary setting on my boyfriend''s pinkie finger (he has huge hands).

Diamond on Finger2.JPG

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
And here is the 14kt white gold setting he has ordered. Sorry, the picture is from the jeweler''s catalog, so it''s a little blurry. The sidestones will be tsavorite garnets.

Ring 6 B2.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sweet! i''m sure it''s a beauty. i looove that you are putting tsav''s on the side! it''s going to look great!
i hope you will post pics when you get it
28.gif

cool screen name too!
35.gif

FlameOut

Rough_Rock
I like that setting. If you don''t mind, which jeweler did you find that at? That''s exactly what I''m looking for

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I''m no expert, but just want to say congratulations and I hope you have that ring on your finger soon. It must be excruciating waiting for it, but it''s going to be a beauty.

toast21

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 11:40:01 AM
Author: belle
sweet! i''m sure it''s a beauty. i looove that you are putting tsav''s on the side! it''s going to look great!
28.gif

cool screen name too!
35.gif
Hey belle, what''s a tsav? I looked it up in wikipedia and it came up with something from the bible... hehehe dont think that was it :)

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:19:35 PM
Author: FlameOut
I like that setting. If you don''t mind, which jeweler did you find that at? That''s exactly what I''m looking for
Hi FlameOut,

The trellis setting was just from a paper catalog of a Mom and Pop jeweler my boyfriend goes to church with in Grand Rapids, MI. I could probably find out exactly what it is if you''re interested. There is a very similar setting on Blue Nile available in 18kt white/yellow gold and platinum: http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=6488 for white gold and http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5922 for platinum. Hope this helps!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:36:01 PM
Author: toast21

28.gif

cool screen name too!
35.gif
Hey belle, what''s a tsav? I looked it up in wikipedia and it came up with something from the bible... hehehe dont think that was it :)
I''m not Belle, but "tsav" is just short for tsavorite garnet, a green garnet often used as a harder substitute for fragile emeralds. I''ll be using those as my sidestones. You can check out the colored gemstone forum for pictures of them, particularly a gorgeous ring made for Pokey.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

28.gif

cool screen name too!
35.gif
tsavorite garnet http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/tsavorite.html
yummy green
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:38:48 PM
Author: sarahthewarrior

28.gif

cool screen name too!
35.gif
I''m not Belle, but ''tsav'' is just short for tsavorite garnet, a green garnet often used as a harder substitute for fragile emeralds. I''ll be using those as my sidestones. You can check out the colored gemstone forum for pictures of them, particularly a gorgeous ring made for Pokey.
thanks sarah!
and yes, pokey''s ring is AWESOME

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, lovely!! I love the idea of tsavorite sidestones as well. It's going to be a very elegant and unique ring.

EDIT: I just noticed the girdle thickness on the stone ranges from VT to T. You might want to make sure with an appraiser than the VT girdle doesn't create durability issues.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh I love it. It will be beautiful with the tsav side stones. Can''t wait to see pictures.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks really nice! Please post pictures when it''s all done!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! I can''t wait to see it once it''s finished. I love that you are doing tsavorite for the sides.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Another image of my diamond taken from a scanner--my boyfriend needs a digital camera with a macro setting!

Thanks for all your compliments for my ring idea! I'm very excited, and I can't wait until we find a great pair of tsavorites!
30.gif

SarahDiamond3.jpg

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Check out the colored stone forum for my tsavs!
30.gif
I''ll be sure to post pictures as soon as we put the whole ring together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results