shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond that turned dark?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Well I didn''t have a loupe at the time so I took it to have it looked at and found out that it has a LOT of fractures. So wouldn''t that effect the light display? I think it was mounted so that it would minimize it but still....

Then on top of that (ok I''ll fess up - it''s an eBay ring) it was supposed to be a 1 carat and ended up being a 3/4 carat. He offered me $100.00 for the missing 1/4 carat
19.gif

It''s going back in the morning. The seller wasn''t happy and started making noises about a 15% restocking fee after all his promises about his cheerful refund policy if not fully satisfied. I told him I''d be happy to file a chargeback with my bank in the morning and he changed his tune.

Well it was only $1,000. but still. It''s not a bad looking stone but not something I want to blow $1,000. on.

OTOH I received an unmounted Hastings triplet yesterday. Can I buy a elcheapo loupe and pop the old glass out and mount my triplet in there? They look kind of solid so I don''t know if that would work. Any ideas?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

ebay ebay ebay - search engines please find this ebay ebay ebay.

The search for something for nothing often results in not much for something.
Glad it seems you might get your money back, although I would use the bank cancellation as I would wager in a months time you will still be fighting the check in the mail syndrome.

As for the loupe - find a card board tube or make one and secure it with sticky tape.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 8:31:56 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

As for the loupe - find a card board tube or make one and secure it with sticky tape.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the diamond. I guess you can only post one picture?

That cardboard tube is going to look pretty funny in my pocket. Are you saying I''m cheap?

I buy lots of diamonds on eBay. This is really not a bad diamond - just not a keeper by my standards.

smallpicnew.jpg

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
new picture

smallpicnew2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results