shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is pregnant!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
just kidding. but it looks like a little diamond crystal is inside the big one.
On the cert it's a knot

pretty though. don't you think?

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Preaching to the choir! .)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't see any pictures! :(

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
You guys, I'm so sorry! I posted this late last night and had trouble posting the link, and just said, oh to heck and went to bed. I will retry today!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original Er has one too— you can only see it if you turn it upside down.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cool! Nice to see how it grows :)

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
it should be here this week from JA. I hope it's as lovely in person. I decided to get it loose so I could play with it. I think an unset diamond is so much fun. I have a setting picked out, though.

I PROMISE to share as soon as I have it.

oh, by the way, I know it has a shallow crown, and is not 'ideal'.

i wasn't aiming for that.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Before seeing he video, I had imagined the usual - a few bubble-like included crystals... not THAT! (grin)

I am a little unsure of what I am looking at, even in the magnified video - I wish to be seeing a surprisingly large included crystal with very clean interfaces (nothig much between the included crystal & the surrounding one) and just a small-ish feather reaching a pavilion facet. Further feathers might make me think of meeting the included crystal in person one day (not minding).

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I know,right ? :D It looks to be a twinned crystal...one that grew along with the main, and then became incorporated within...but such clarity is rare. And the planes full of rainbows are awesome I think.

we'll see!

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
This might be the first inclusion I've seen that is more interesting than distracting. :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This might be the first inclusion I've seen that is more interesting than distracting.

... someone, somewhere must be picking through the masses of diamond euhedrals for such things, but I do not know who & no www for diamonds yet, forshame!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
That is really cool “birthmark” on your diamond!! I love it!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! There is nothing like an unusual & cool quirk in a diamond!
(It's a beautiful cut, by the way!)

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Well, I have some news.
The diamond arrived. It was awful. Really awful. (putting disappointment aside for one second).
The inclusion was barely there, and kind of fascinating, like a shard of glass inside the stone, so that wasn't the problem.
The issue was that all the light just dropped right through it. It had almost no light refraction, and just sat there, grey and bleak. Really weird. It went back within the hour. I didn't even take a picture, I was so disgusted.
Sorry everyone who kept me company while I waited! It was so nice of you guys to share my excitement, and I wish I had better news, a pretty diamond to show you, and a stunning new rock to enjoy.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh, how disappointing for you. Will you try to find another one?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Hey Alex !
Well, this was to replace a pretty princess cut I fell in love with, but it had a chip in the corner from a prior setting evidently ( the jeweler may or may not have know about it) SO disappointed...that one was truly lovely. I was thinking about getting it anyway, and having the chipped point polished out...
Thought about starting a new thread " If you discovered a chip in a diamond that was otherwise perfect, would you still buy it?"

So far I haven't found anything close! My range is about .80-1.00

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not surprised you found that stone rather lifeless, to be honest - the video indicated as much. I wasn’t going to say that though.

What’s your budget? And are you committed to buying from JA?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Funny, I didn't get that from the video. ( the cert maybe, but then...) How could you tell? Please educate me!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, I didn't get that from the video. ( the cert maybe, but then...) How could you tell? Please educate me!

The parts circled in red. See how you can’t clearly see where facets start and end, and you can’t see any pattern of white and black - everything looks kind of mushy?

That’s how that will look IRL. What’s happening is that the virtual facets (the reflections and retractions of actual physical facets) are too small and tightly-packed for the eye - or the camera - to resolve.

Now, as the stone turns, see how the mushy grey areas mostly stay mushy and grey in the video? That means that lifelessness will persist through normal viewing angles IRL.

The more the number of chevrons... the smaller average facet size is to begin with, and the more physical facets there are to contribute to optical asymmetry.

A face-up ASET image of this stone would have given warning of this, but any of the RT regulars could have alerted you without an ASET... I suspect all of us read “it’s not ideal and that’s not what I’m looking for” as “please don’t comment” ::) on the upside now you’ve got first-hand experience re. what to avoid for next time!

More information - it’s an old thread but it’s got good discussion from several tradepeople.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/h-a-pattern-vs-crispness.146607/

B1253E2B-8C04-48BC-BD35-7A6F109E211C.jpeg

Last edited:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I'm sorry if that comment implied I didn't need advice. I just meant I didn't expect perfection, and was looking for something unique. I totally appreciate your input, and that of any other PS'ers. Thank you for your in depth review of the stone, and what to look for in the next diamond. Because princess cuts don't follow the normal brilliant cut parameters, I wasn't sure what to look for and usually rely on my eye when all is said and done ( so much for that, at least, on line!).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I suspect this one has given birth: WWW ...& the roughness of the hollow tells of local growth strain, the kind that might have also caused the surface reaching feather in yours, methinks & the real story might be even better!

@Venzen007

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Strange! I can think of some fun stories.

Reactions: AV_

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of a diamond being pregnant. I'm waiting on a diamond that's I've had custom cut and it has a tiny crystal inside it as is only inclusion. My husband and I keep joking that our diamond is pregnant too!

I hope you find your dream diamond. Its out there somewhere waiting for you to find it and love on it!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Looks dead under the table.
Hard to spot leakage on JA video because the grey background is very similar to the shade of the diamond. Look the colour at the edge of the diamond, compared to under the table, under the table is the same colour as the background, essentially see through and leaky. It would be heavily white on ASET.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of a diamond being pregnant. I'm waiting on a diamond that's I've had custom cut and it has a tiny crystal inside it as is only inclusion. My husband and I keep joking that our diamond is pregnant too!

I hope you find your dream diamond. Its out there somewhere waiting for you to find it and love on it!
That is the sweetest thing to say. You are as kind as "your" picture implies.

It IS kind of a love story, I guess. The right damond can feel like a little friend, isn't that funny?
And inclusions can be very cool!

happy and excited for you. share, if you want!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results