shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is not centered in my halo ring...should I make them re-do it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winston26

Shiny_Rock
I have a halo ring for a round stone (if I could figure out how to reduce photos, I''d attach a pic!).
Problem is that the jeweler didn''t exactly center the stone in the halo.
The diamond overlaps a little so there is no gap but it''s a little off-center. A little.....nothing anyone would gasp over and frankly it bothers FI more than anyone. I''m pretty sure no one has even noticed.

Should we ask the jeweler to re-do it? It only has 4 prongs and we''re worried it would weaken the prongs/head if we do that.

Thoughts?

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would ask your jeweler re-do it, pronto! I cant imagine going through the rest of my life knowing and seeing that everyday.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif
Without seeing a pic, I cannot give you my honest opinion....however, if it is something that really bothers your FI that much and eventually will come to bother you as well, why not bring it back to your jeweler and see what your options are?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Definitely take it back and have them correct it: it''s not the sort of thing that should significantly weaken the setting, and if it does, well, frankly, it''s their responsibility to remake the setting.

Neither you nor your FI should have to do that little internal cringe of "It''s perfect, except for _____": don''t feel guilty about it. I''m pretty sure the jeweler will feel bad about letting flawed workmanship pass their eyes ... if it bugs either of you at all, don''t worry about taking it back to be redone.

P.S. - I think you can e-mail your pictures to the mod, and they''ll post them for you if resizing doesn''t work on your home machine ....

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For something as important as an e-ring, I would definitely have the jeweler redo it.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
If it bugs you now...it is going to drive you crazy in a few months. Get it done right. That means a rebuild of the prongs.

I wish I weren't so quick to want to hang your jeweler. The other posters are considerate and wise to hold back an opinion until they see photos.

Me...I have the noose ready. I have no patience for a craftsman that is OK with that type of work and deemed it complete. He should take pride in his work and not allow that to go out that way. You see, if it is so obvious to you and your naked eye, it is abundantly clear to him and his under a working scope. If he said nothing to you (for an example, with the dimensions of this stone, it will seat a tad to the left of center, etc.) then I feel as if he just handed it to you sent you on your way, and hoped you wouldn't notice.

Forgive my skepticism, but with the information you provided, my assumption is a natural chain of thought. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Arghh. I feel your anguish.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, have them re-do...that would drive me nutso!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! It should be centered.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results