shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is mounted crooked...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brilliant Cut

Rough_Rock
Hello....

Bought a stone online and just had it mounted at a local B&M store. I spent a lot of time researching diamonds and ended up with a nice .89 round F VS1 H&A. When looking at the ring face up, arrows appear clearly only when the ring it slightly tilted to one side...
confused.gif
When holding the ring a foot away from my eye I can clearly see the stone is set crooked. The ring is a simple 18K gold band with a platinmum 6 prong basket. Will the jeweler be able to adjust this realitively easily? It is difficult to mount the stone so that the arrows appear perfectly when the ring is held face up??

Brilliant Cut

Rough_Rock
Any jewelers out there.......
1.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't speak for the arrows, this could have something to do with the diamond (and maybe not).

As far as the setting, they can remove the diamond and reset it. It shouldn't be much of a problem, let them have a chance to correct it. If they don't, then get a refund and find another jeweler.

Brilliant Cut

Rough_Rock
No problem with the hearts and arrows....one of GOG's finest. Was just wondering how a jeweler would play with the positioning of the stone until it sat face up to perfectly show the arrows. It is only a slight tilt of the stone, but after all of the fuss about cut and symmetry, I just want it to be mounted correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results