shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Froof

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way (whether directly, or just by contributing to this forum). I really couldn''t have done it without the great people here. Thanks to Jim, Josh, and Jen at DCD for all their help. Also, thanks to Chris DiCamillo and Dave Atlas at AGA for putting me at ease with my first internet purchase. Hey, that was kind of like the Academy Awards...
rolleyes.gif

Now to the diamond. Man, are my eyes tired! Jim was kind enough to throw in a loupe, diamond holder, and H&A viewer in the package. I probably spent an hour and a half looking at this little beauty. The stone is absolutely gorgeous. Even though it is a VS2, I was only able to barely make out one of the three tiny crystals marked on the cert, and that was by luck, half an hour into it! By the time I was done, I was very comfortable with finding the crystal, and was able to read the inscription on the girdle (that was tough!). When I get my ring back, with the stone mounted, I''ll be able to sniff out a switcharoo without a problem.
tongue.gif

The diamond wasn''t sold as a H&A stone, but I saw clear enough hearts and arrows to make me more than happy.

I took a bunch of pictures (me opening the package and analyzing the stone) which I''ll put into an engagement scrapbook to share with my sweetie after I propose. Below are a couple of the pictures.

Froof

Rough_Rock
I tried taking a picture of the diamond directly, but couldn't get the digital camera to focus properly (anyone want to share some tips?), so I photographed the diamond through the loupe.

diamond_through_loupe.JPG

Froof

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the diamond in the little diamond holder, which fit my finger surprisingly well. Of course it will look so much better in the Michael B setting on my girlfriend's hand (for one, less hairy)!
1.gif

For reference, I wear a size 10 ring (I think).

diamond_in_holder.JPG

motcs

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on the purchase -- that diamond looks amazing! I actually just received my ring yesterday, so I think I can relate to how you're feeling. As for the pics, I was having a really hard time also. What I finally ended up doing was moving the camera away to about 6 inches away which allowed the autofocus to work properly (sometimes). I then cropped the pics in photoshop to make the final picture look like a closer picture than what was actually taken. Also, because I adhered to the many recommendations of not using flash, many of my pics had a yellow tint which was corrected by adjusting the levels in photoshop.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Luvly diamond Froof! It even looks big on your size 10 finger... what are the specs on that beauty?? thanks!
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous, can't wait to see the Michael B setting, and yes...what are the specs?

1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
About the camera...

this will vary by the model of camera you're using, but many of them use IR for rangefinding, and focused based on that. (For contrast, my digital SLR autofocuses like a person would (but also has manual, obviously -- moving the focal length around and seeing what "looks" sharpest) If that's what you're dealing with and you don't have manual focus, all you can do is move the camera and loupe around and hope to get lucky.

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Wow, that's looks like a beautiful rock.
love.gif
I've got two on order, one is at Fedex now, the other will come in tomorrow and I can't wait to see them.
So tell us, what are the specs?
wavey.gif

Froof

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm so happy with my purchase! The detailed specs and pics are in this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-give-this-first-timer-some-opinions-on-this-diamond.17551/

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Froof, the diamond is gorgeous, but I've got to tell you, that picture of it on your hand spooked me! You have nice hands and I had to do a double take before I realized that it was a man's hand. Put on some nail polish and you'll have us all fooled!

That is one big beautiful stone and I LOVE the setting you are going to put it in.

I can't wait to see the finished product...on a female's hand.
2.gif

Froof

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Patty...I'll be sure to ask for polish the next time I go in for a manicure!
1.gif

I'm sure it will look so much better on her hand. However, if she ends up not liking it, I'm going to have to keep it for myself!
naughty.gif

chialea: I'm stuck with auto-focus, so I guess I'm out off luck...I even tried the macro function.

I'll post the finished ring when I get it, but that won't be until near the end of August. So now I just wait...and plan the proposal.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! That honker looks gorgeous!! Congrats!!!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Patty- I thought the same thing. I just saw it in the eye candy folder...I thought, oh my, how can this be in the day of affordable laser hair removal..poor girl!
2.gif
LOL... Great rock!!
1.gif

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
I would be curious to know about that setting: where'd you get it? how much (if you don't mind), are you planning on having a pave wedding band with it?

thanks,
z

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure Zep but I think the setting is a temporary spring setting that transports the diamond when it is shipped by the jeweler. From what I understand, it is just cheap metal that will be replaced with a real setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results