shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond don''t seem all that bright... Maybe just the light?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skg

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I''ve just received my diamond in the mail today and looked at it under several light conditions. I looked at in in my office, at home with regular light bulbs and with candles. It doesn''t seem to flash as bright as the ones I saw in the stores. Can it be just my lighting? But I read somewhere that diamonds should sparkle under candle lights?

Heres''s the spec of my diamond:
AGS 000 Hearts and Arrows
Carat: 1.057
Depth %: 61.2
Table %: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.5
Star : 50.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Lower Girdle %: 77.1

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Take it to one of those stores and look at it under their lights--they are designed to make even crappy diamonds look good. I'm sure you have a beautiful diamond, no diamond flashes and sparkles under all light conditions, is spite of what some people may expect after reading about well-cut stones on PS.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi skg!

By the looks of things (stats), you have a lovely stone! You are not the first one to experience this. Try taking it into grocery stores (with the high fluorescent lighting), in resturants, etc. I would bet it''s just the lighting. Jewelry stores purposely have lights that will flatter ANY stone, and they are not indicative of normal lighting.

You surely should have a sparkler there.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Posting at the same time!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 7:44:57 PM
Author:skg
Hi All!

I''ve just received my diamond in the mail today and looked at it under several light conditions. I looked at in in my office, at home with regular light bulbs and with candles. It doesn''t seem to flash as bright as the ones I saw in the stores. Can it be just my lighting? But I read somewhere that diamonds should sparkle under candle lights?

Heres''s the spec of my diamond:
AGS 000 Hearts and Arrows
Carat: 1.057
Depth %: 61.2
Table %: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.5
Star : 50.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Lower Girdle %: 77.1
is it clean? I''d make sure it isn''t dusty or oily. Lighting can sure play a part in it - but I dunno about the candlelight thing... IME the RBs are good at what they do but I don''t know that low light is really their mileu. Not that they do nothing, just there are other cuts better at that.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
mine goes bananas in the car, under dappled tree light, the mall, home depot, randalls grocery.

it looks blah under office light and regular lamps

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The specs on your diamond look great! As has already been said, make sure it is super clean and look at it under some of those tiny little track lights. They bring diamonds to life!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results