shape
carat
color
clarity

My daughter nicknamed these

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MerLine

Rough_Rock
I bought these babies in Hong Kong from a diamond broker about 10 yrs ago. They''re both set in 18k yellow gold, not hearts and arrows but the cut is excellent, their color is I, the clarity is VVS1. One is 3.46 carats and the other is 3.41 carats..Total carat weight 7.87 ^_^ not bad huh? I just took them out of my safety deposit becuase one of my daughters just got married. You know how weddings are. I just HAD to take my best bling-blings out hehe. I haven''t seen these in a long time because I hardly wear them. They''re not exactly for everyday wear. I''m getting them reset. One as a pendant and the other as a new engagement ring that I''m having my jeweler custom make for me. I cannot wait to get the final results! These are probably the last time they''ll be seen as earrings so here you go.

THEPLATES2.jpg

THE PLATES1.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- now THAT''S some ear bling!

Can''t wait to see how your resetting projects turn out!

MerLine

Rough_Rock
I dont know why it didn''t finish my topic but the complete one is....

My daughter nicknamed these "THE PLATES"

It''s because she says they''re big enough to eat off of ^_^ Yeah that one''s got a sense of humour. Probably inherited from yours truly ^_~

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
WOW WOW WOW
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you've got my dream earring size!! well, really i was thinking 3 carats per. but, hey, i wouldn't pass these babies up!!
love these! **sigh**

MerLine

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everybody who replied ^_^. These babies are the pride and joy of my collection. I'm quite proud of them ^_^ hehe even though I know some you guys have bigger rocks than these. I just really adore them.

I bought these way back when I hardly knew anything about diamonds. Only thing I was concerned with was clarity. Since I've learned more about diamonds (mostly from reading posts on this site hehe ^_^ Go RockyT's!) I probably would have gone higher in color and lower in clarity. Still...I'm in love with my "plates"
9.gif
. No regrets.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are some Plates!

Love ''em

Post pics of the plates in their new homes!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are very beautiful!!! Looking forward to seeing them reset as your new pendant and ring!!! (Especially if that means you'll wear them more...life's too short to have them sit in a safety deposit box all the time!!!)

MerLine

Rough_Rock
Aww thanks for the support guyz ^_^. I will definitely put up pictures of them when they're reset already hehe. It's too bad my jeweler is insanely busy because of the holidays. Otherwise he could've done then pretty much in a week or 2. But I will keep you guys posted promise. And I totally agree with Firegoddess..life really is too short to not enjoy 'em while I can. Besides...LOL everytime I wear them out people think they're fakes. Cuz aside from popstars & movie stars nobody wears larger rocks as earrings...leastwise that's what I keep hearing
20.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
MerLine, in a word GAWJUS!!!!! Love them.

shay

4themrs

Rough_Rock
merline, I am looking to get my wife something for her Surprise 40th b-day next year. I think she wouldn''t mine a set of "plates"
great looking!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Absolutely stunning--the nicest "plate" set I''ve seen lately....would take them over fine bone china any day..........
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh those are gorgeous. I love that your daughter nicknamed them the plates. Finest plates I''ve seen in a long time, hehe.
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is all I can say! But I agree with making them into a ring and pendant. They are a little large for everyday wear...and I seem to recall you recently got some beautiful new studs just over a carat each, right? You''ll have the best of everything!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are amazing!!!! They are huge!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MerLine, I think it''s great you''re resetting, kind of a two for one deal!

And I just have to say, from the photos, your skin looks far too young to have a child marrying!
11.gif
2.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
oh merline please say it ain''t so! i absolutely love those studs. they are just the right size for me. i have always yearned for studs that large. i would so wear them nearly everyday. i don''t think that i am going to get any studs that large but i truly desire them.

enjoy what you end up with but in the meantime wear those gorgeous plates as much as you can.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Those are some beautiful diamonds!!! I think making a ring is a great idea! I can''t wait to see it on your finger.

My 10 year old daughter has named H&A diamonds as compass roses, LOL, she say''s I need to get one so that I will always know what direction I am going!! LOL I yearn for a compass rose plate!!

MerLine

Rough_Rock
awww u guyz are so sweet ^_^ thank you, thank you 1 and all for the compliments! I am awed by ur generosity in giving them. And to Ellen, THANK YOU
16.gif
but I''ve got two daughters who are married already as well as 2 other girls..also 1 granddaughther. Nice of you to say I don''t look it though
2.gif
. jayrenay9, aww its really cute what our kids call diamonds eh? We should start a new topic..."Diamond nicknames!" hehe. Kaleigh, thats why I started thinking about getting them reset because I had just bought the new earrings from BN with H&A...and I''m quite happy with them so...now I can wear all of them at once
10.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, those are blingtastic!! They remind me of the amazing studs that bball players often have LOL! I''m totally diggin them!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
OHHHHH Merline, I love your earrings.. U have to post pics of your daughters rings too.. I am sure everyone in PS would love to see them
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! Gorgeous!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results