shape
carat
color
clarity

my dad needs help to choose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

htthach

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I''m staying in Singapore and this afternoon my dad called me from Vietnam.
He wanted to buy a diamond for my mom and quoted with 2 stones at the same size (0.5 to 0.52 i forgot)
1/ Color: F, Clarity: IF at 3440 USD
2/ Color: D, Clarity: VVS1 at 3990 USD
both got GIA cert and excellent cut.
Which one should he choose? I got no clue also.

By the way, I took a walk around this afternoon and saw one ring at Lee Hwa (Singapore) with
- 0.56 ct, G, VS1, Excellent cut at 2700 SGD = 1800 USD.
They told me it''s under promotion (reduced from 7100 SGD). Looked quite nice to me, should I get this for my wife also?

Thank you guys for your help
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 11:37:34 AM
Author:htthach
Hi all,
I'm staying in Singapore and this afternoon my dad called me from Vietnam.
He wanted to buy a diamond for my mom and quoted with 2 stones at the same size (0.5 to 0.52 i forgot)
1/ Color: F, Clarity: IF at 3440 USD
2/ Color: D, Clarity: VVS1 at 3990 USD
both got GIA cert and excellent cut.
Which one should he choose? I got no clue also.

By the way, I took a walk around this afternoon and saw one ring at Lee Hwa (Singapore) with
- 0.56 ct, G, VS1, Excellent cut at 2700 SGD = 1800 USD.
They told me it's under promotion (reduced from 7100 SGD). Looked quite nice to me, should I get this for my wife also?

Thank you guys for your help
36.gif
Hi there!

Sorry in order to help we need more info please. Can you get the following from the GIA reports please?

Cut grade if applicable from the GIA grading report
depth%
table%
crown and pavilion angles
girdle thickness
diameter in MM
polish and symmetry grades

If you could get that info for each diamond, it would be very helpful. I take it the high colours and clarities are your Father's preference?

htthach

Rough_Rock
I''ll ask my dad to get the info. He is buying from a government company with a promise of 90% cash return anytime. He said usually 80% of what they sell is VVS1 and above, so I guess that''s why he got such quote.
thanks guys

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... seems like your dad is set on the best numbers/certification. Typical guy.
28.gif

Is this going to be a surprise gift for your mum or does she have a say too? I''d like to know her views on quality which she cannot distinguish with her eyes. With that budget she can certainly get an equally nice looking but bigger diamond.

0.56 G/VS1 for $2700 sounds like a fair deal but how does the diamond perform under diffused light? And in the shadows?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results