carat
color
clarity

My CvB Spring Gulch indulgence - a hairpin for spring

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm BALLER AF!!!!:appl:
Lol what @PintoBean said!!

This is INCREDIBLE and looks amazing on you -- I truly hope that you have started a new trend!! I just adore everything in your collection -- I've gone back and looked at your Erika Winters thread a bunch of times, and I've definitely added a french cut bar earrings to my project list. . . :love::love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol what @PintoBean said!!

This is INCREDIBLE and looks amazing on you -- I truly hope that you have started a new trend!! I just adore everything in your collection -- I've gone back and looked at your Erika Winters thread a bunch of times, and I've definitely added a french cut bar earrings to my project list. . . :love::love:

Thank you so much :kiss2:

I'm really happy with how my collection has evolved over the years :kiss2: I freely admit that evolution has been a mix of deliberate and accidental luck - I wish I'd had the patience and foresight @mrs-b and @m-2-b have, as I could have avoided some pricey mistakes! I adore my Erika Winters pieces - those bar earrings were one of my best decisions :mrgreen2: I don't reach for them terribly often, but when I do want them they're exactly what I want - they fill the niche that I'd had in mind perfectly :cool2:

I've got three earring projects in progress with Caysie at the moment. Then I'm off for an extended trip to Ban Island :geek2:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. We were walking to Chinatown to get some baked goods (SF has the best Chinatown!) and literally stumbled past Lang. I had to go inside, of course, and it was a bit surreal. Deco chunkaliciousness here, Victorian artwork over there, Georgian delights down that wall, giant vintage stones scattered everywhere like sprinkles!

I wondered if you ever really get used to having a gallery of rings and bracelets and earrings and brooches and pendants at your fingertips every day... If it’s ever “just another day at work”... :cool2: Or maybe you mostly do, and every now and then it (re)surprises you and (re)awes you, like jogging past Niagara Falls every morning... :kiss2:
I actually never tire of it! Yes, there are days where I'm just kind of going through the motions of the repetitive things I do administration wise, but most of the time I'm just like a kid in a candy store. I love being in the shop with the customers, love hearing their stories, love seeing their precious heirlooms, love seeing the joy on someone's face when their favourite ring or bracelet is repaired and brought back to its original condition.
I enjoy it when customers come in and ask how much I would sell my Victorian dangle earrings for, right out of my ears! No one has taken me up on that yet though.
The other week I tried on a massive WSS pearl necklace which valued up at an exorbitant amount, another time it was the most fabulous original Art Deco diamond bracelet, the perk of the job so to speak is being close to items I could never own and being able appreciate beautiful workmanship.
I LOVE that I have 2 lovely diamonds sitting in the safe, waiting for later in the year when I get them made into a new engagement ring. :kiss2:
Just a quick edit to add, I have finally just convinced hubby to take me to San Francisco first before we head to Atlanta just before Christmas to stay with a friend for New Years. I will be beside myself walking into Lang's as I am pretty much addicted to their website lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

yssie=royalty.:love: So beautiful.

cheers--Sharon

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
OMFG this is TDF!!! I have no other words...speechless. :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are such a trendsetter, Yssie! :appl: Beautiful pin, beautiful hair! :love: We must now ask for above the head shots for all reveals on SMTB! :))

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay seriously how amazingly gorgeous and unique is this?!!!!! Love it!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! What a neat and insanely creative idea! It is so gorgeous and so regal! And stands out beautifully on your dark locks! Stunnnnnning!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
This is extra AF and I LOVE LOVE it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Weeivy73 I can only imagine :cool2:

You sound like a wonderful associate :kiss2: I love working with people who genuinely care about my background and relationships and experiences and memories - and I loathe working with people who genuinely don’t! I’m not sure I’d ever be bold enough to buy jewellery right off someone else’s person though :mrgreen2: Though I’d certainly ask where I might get my own... :geek2:

I too have pieces that I don’t often wear but love knowing that I can pull out whenever I’d like to. My engagement ring is one of those pieces, actually! I’m looking forward to your new engagement ring project!! :appl:

@canuk-gal Thank you!! I feel like royalty wearing it - lavish and decadent :kiss2:

Thank you @Keeliamira!! :mrgreen2:

@m-2-b Thank you love :kiss2: This piece is truly an indulgence. I’m quite confident this will be my one and only ::)

The over-the-head pics were all sorts of tricky! The other half was travelling - I had a lot to say about how much I missed him that afternoon :whistle::mrgreen2:

Thank you @goldenfire, @GossamerAngel :kiss2::cool2:

@kama_s Thank you!! My lonely little OMC was the perfect stone for this piece - so when Caysie expressed enthusiasm it was a sealed deal :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun came out whilst I was home today for first time in two weeks - just a few more photos ::)

A2.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

A3.png

A4B.png

A4C.png

Violet!! :cool2:

A5.png

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW an amazing work of art. Enjoy!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@Weeivy73 I can only imagine :cool2:

You sound like a wonderful associate :kiss2: I love working with people who genuinely care about my background and relationships and experiences and memories - and I loathe working with people who genuinely don’t! I’m not sure I’d ever be bold enough to buy jewellery right off someone else’s person though :mrgreen2: Though I’d certainly ask where I might get my own... :geek2:

I too have pieces that I don’t often wear but love knowing that I can pull out whenever I’d like to. My engagement ring is one of those pieces, actually! I’m looking forward to your new engagement ring project!! :appl:
@yssie I am very excited about my diamonds! They aren't exactly pricescope ideal quality cut, but they are everything I enjoy, especially as I've never owned a 1carat stone before let alone 2! I'm excited by the M-N colour as I'm probably the opposite of colour sensitive, I adore the warmer tints. I can't wait to get some designs nailed down as at the moment I can't fully decide what I want! It will be a forever ring and I don't want to muck it up!
Looking forward to being able to get everyone to have their input and advice for my 2 stone ring.:appl:

@canuk-gal Thank you!! I feel like royalty wearing it - lavish and decadent :kiss2:

Thank you @Keeliamira!! :mrgreen2:

@m-2-b Thank you love :kiss2: This piece is truly an indulgence. I’m quite confident this will be my one and only ::)

The over-the-head pics were all sorts of tricky! The other half was travelling - I had a lot to say about how much I missed him that afternoon :whistle::mrgreen2:

Thank you @goldenfire, @GossamerAngel :kiss2::cool2:

@kama_s Thank you!! My lonely little OMC was the perfect stone for this piece - so when Caysie expressed enthusiasm it was a sealed deal :mrgreen2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot the sunny weather headshot! I cheated a little today - the underlayer is a french braid. Needed it to stay put running 'round hot and humid Dallas :cool2:

AAAH3.png

Thank you @Stone Hunter!! :kiss2:

@Weeivy73 I'm excited for you!! :appl:

The stone in this pin is an M/N and I think it's beautiful - your stones will be considerably larger though! :cool2: I'm with you re. nontraditional colour preferences - after several years and a few dalliances with higher-coloured stones I've learnt that J/K is really my happy place :mrgreen2:

I've been mooning over Moi et Toi rings lately. There's something so romantic about pieces with two centerpieces :kiss2:

Last edited:

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG, I can't stop looking at these photos, this is incredible!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i keep coming back to look at this thread, its so gorgeous and luxurious! maybe you'll start a hairpin trend lol because now i want one.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Donnass117, @crystalinmke - Thank you!! ::)

Just came back to this thread to add a comment... it’s been about half a year since I posted these. It took me a long time to get over my hangups about diamonds in the hair being “unconscionably frivolous”.

Now? Yesterday I wore it with a grey suit to a meeting with a three star general. #BreakingTheRules!! :bigsmile:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
@Donnass117, @crystalinmke - Thank you!! ::)

Just came back to this thread to add a comment... it’s been about half a year since I posted these. It took me a long time to get over my hangups about diamonds in the hair being “unconscionably frivolous”.

Now? Yesterday I wore it with a grey suit to a meeting with a three star general. #BreakingTheRules!! :bigsmile:

You go girl! You’re an inspiration.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Just came across this thread @yssie (bec of the ideal stones thread) and wow that is beautiful! You have lovely hair btw- smooth & shiny (don't mind my wistful longing lol)

Wow, what a stunning, beautiful, super creative piece! I absolutely LOVE it!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Just seeing this now. @yssie , I am dying of love for this hairpin!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - I wasn't expecting to see new notifications on this thread! Thank you so much @Lvoeshinythings, @AllAboardTheBlingTrain, @glitterata!! ::)

@Polabowla Thank you!! :love:

But... I do feel compelled to disclose that there ain't nothin' natural about that hair - it was routinely dyed, fried, and oiled into submission :halo: These days I just let it air dry and tame the puff with a hair tie for video calls :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results