shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Custom HPD "Symphonie" ring with 2.793 F-VS1 CBI diamond

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you'd prefer to see the diamond, which I can certainly understand, what about making a three stone ring with the smaller stone? It could have side diamonds or side sapphires for a different look.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you'd prefer to see the diamond, which I can certainly understand, what about making a three stone ring with the smaller stone? It could have side diamonds or side sapphires for a different look.

I do remember your yellow diamond pendant!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just perfect, Cflutist! Hope you enjoy your cruise. Will you be taking your pretties with you? I would have a hard time leaving them.
@luv2sparkle
When I cruise, I take only what I can wear. Don't believe in leaving jewelry in the cabin safe.
Just got back from 18 days in Norway where we spent 9 days above the Arctic Circle. On that cruise I wore only my Tiffany Yellow ring and FIY bracelet, left the larger bracelet and CBI home, but wished that I had them with me. On this cruise plan to wear the new CBI ring and my other daily stuff. I understand that some women wear travel jewelry but I don't think that I could wear CZs, I would be telling everyone that they are fake.

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do remember your yellow diamond pendant!
That is definitely a possibility. Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is definitely a possibility. Thanks.

2.2 - 2.8 - 2.2 !

There seems to be enough room accross you finger, sure enough ...

Or colour - WWW

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that would be crazy. Maybe .25, 2.21, and .25?

The FVY pears must be around that weight... The workshop has a collection of diamonds in unusual shapes of about that size (up to 30p, whites & colours) - perhaps interesting. I have not asked for photos, just planned a visit [to top off an absurdly intense stretch of work, cca. late spring next year]

The minute accent round sides were always a Pricescope thing & never mine. Unusual shapes would certainly get my interest (well, Mine, that is ...).

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The FVY pears must be around that weight... The workshop has a collection of diamonds in unusual shapes of about that size (up to 30p, whites & colours) - perhaps interesting. I have not asked for photos, just planned a visit [to top off an absurdly intense stretch of work, cca. late spring next year]

The minute accent round sides were always a Pricescope thing & never mine. Unusual shapes would certainly got my interest (well, Mine, that is ...).
You know, that IS a very interesting idea, I wonder if @Wink could get two small FIY pears? Don't need FVY.
Got to recover from my latest purchase first, plus we are cruising to Antarctica next year on a cruise that costs as much as my first CBI, also Alaska, Fiji, New Caledonia and Vanuatu.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, that IS a very interesting idea, I wonder if @Wink could get two small FIY pears? Don't need FVY.

Not sure if that pair might still be around & I only sort of remember that they are FVY (or FVIOY?) - informally graded. GemConcepts does not have an obvious storefront, but it is possible to contact. Otherwise, I have never looked for a source of specialty pairs ...

Perhaps not the usual way of doing things.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if that pair might still be around & I only sort of remember that they are FVY (or FVIOY?) - informally graded. GemConcepts does not have an obvious storefront, but it is possible to contact. Otherwise, I have never looked for a source of specialty pairs ...

Perhaps not the usual way of doing things.
No rush, not doing anything for a while as I have 4 cruises booked

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re new ring is pure heaven @cflutist! Simply gorgeous. I can’t imagine having to decide between the two; they’re both absolutely amazing. :love:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just hearing of travel is sending shivvers down my spine - I am moving countries ... rather expecting two more such jolts afterward. Of course, there is a great side to all of it ... yet ...

Perhaps I need to hear of your choosing to travel for travel's sake ! .-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do the same. I wear the same thing every day. I brought a few other inexpensive pieces on my one and only cruise but didn't even wear them. I laughed when I read that you would tell everyone they were fakes because I would do the same thing. There is something about feeling like I was trying to deceive people with my fancy fakes, that I just can't do.
I am so happy for you, Cflutist, that you are enjoying your travels and your new sparklies. I hope you are also enjoying fabulous health these days! Blessings to you!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wiki article about Symphonie Fantastique written by Hector Berlioz, we performed this piece when I was in high school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphonie_fantastique

@luv2sparkle just spoke with my neurosurgeon two days ago after my 5th MRI of my brain. No recurrence of the brain tumor but I will have a fingerprint/scar on my brain for the rest of my life.
I have only a 2% chance of recurrence now so I don't have to do my next MRI for two years, yay!.
Thanks for asking, going through that craniotomy gave me a new appreciation for life's pleasures, bling and cruises :lol:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wiki article about Symphonie Fantastique written by Hector Berlioz, we performed this piece when I was in high school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphonie_fantastique

@luv2sparkle just spoke with my neurosurgeon two days ago after my 5th MRI of my brain. No recurrence of the brain tumor but I will have a fingerprint/scar on my brain for the rest of my life.
I have only a 2% chance of recurrence now so I don't have to do my next MRI for two years, yay!.
Thanks for asking, going through that craniotomy gave me a new appreciation for life's pleasures, bling and cruises :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news, Cflutist! I am so happy for you! I am thrilled that you can go two years without another MRI. These tests that we need to have on a regular basis gets to be a lot to deal with, even without a history. That is truly a blessing. Woohoo! Enjoy every single pleasure you can find! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news! It makes my day!

iamjo

Rough_Rock
Last time I went with the Vatche Serenity #1541 as the setting for my 2.21 F-SI1 Cut to Order CBI Diamond.
This time I worked with Melissa and went through 3 CAD designs before settling on my new creation "Symphonie" that I got to name because I designed it. According to Wink it was cast by the same people who cast Harry Winston jewelry. Fine with me. Here is some information about his custom process:
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/jewelsettings/jewelsettings-workshop

There are also some services available for rings purchased from Wink:
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/whyus/whyus-service

First up the CAD design. To improve on my Vatche ring, we raised up the diamond a bit, got rid of the donut, and increased the width of the shank (Melissa didn't recommend 1.8mm for a stone of this size) to 2.1mm. Total weight of the F/G VS H&A melee increased from .12 (Vatche) to .34 (HPD). Since I am a size 4.5, only wanted 10 melee down on each side. For easy cleaning, I wanted the diamond to "float" in the basket and have the culet visible. I always thought that the diamond was a little squished in the Vatche setting (side by side profile view later). So here are the final CADs:

Final CAD clean.jpg Final profile.png Final Close-up with gap.png Final face-up.png Final side.png

YOU are a VERY fortunate Lady to be able to wear this GORGEOUS ring! I cannot stop looking at it! Enjoy to the max! I love CBIs and Wink and group's attention to detail! WOWZA!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection.
Thank you. D-FL would be perfection, :lol:
I had the curse of being born with color sensitivity.
All of my diamonds are "F" or above:

0.75 E-SI2 Marquise now in a pendant
1.50 F-VS1 Marquise now in 80s cocktail ring with 24 Princess cuts (not worn anymore)
2.05 D-VS2 Oval traded in locally for my
3.01 F-SI1 Pear
And now my two CBI diamonds
2.21 F-SI1
2.79 F-VS1

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you - I could put the D, E, F stones in line when I was looking at diamonds at one store :D lol

F VS1 is the spec I think I'd aim for - I do like VVS for obvious reasons, but #expensive! haha

Great news on the MRI, though, go out and enjoy your cruises and bling in good health :) Life is short, we must try to enjoy it!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Literally I am speechless. Cflutist the setting is really spectacular. It's beautiful! Have a great time on your cruise!

:wavey::love::love::love::love:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Elegant, timeless, perfect. :love: :love: :love:
The new diamond and the setting are gorgeous.

All of your jewellery is lovely.
Thanks for sharing with us, and please post more photos when you have time.

Wishing you good health.
Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love love love. Your F stones are amazing!!! Wishing you continued health.

iamjo

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring--the stone is magnificent ! The workmanship--truly an art form! You are one fortunate lady !

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I'm late to this thread but......STUNNING in every way!! You guys really nailed the setting and gosh that stone :roll2:. Makes me waaannnttt one, lol!

I love the photo of your ring with your two tennis bracelets :P2. I would die if you did a three stone with your smaller (haha 'smaller' at 2.21 :lol-2:) CBI and FIY side stones to match your bracelets.......I'd be dead from beauty overload. Dead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results