shape
carat
color
clarity

My Cushion Search

APbody1224

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

After consulting with a few local jewelers and reading countless posts on PS, I have finally decided to go with ERD for my diamond and setting. I have been researching cushions on this forum for weeks and was trying to decide between GOG and ERD. I finally decided to go with ERD because of their willingness to stick to my budget and Mark’s beautiful halo settings.

ERD has been looking for cushion diamonds within my specified carat size (.85 - 1.0 ct) and price range over the past week and finally sent me the following diamond selection today (GIA report only). Mark let me know that he had physically reviewed a number of diamonds and felt that this one was the best choice for the intended ring (http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondJewelryDetails.aspx?ID=131).

I already responded and requested photos of the diamond and let him know that I am confident in his selection. I also love the OMB cushions so I was happy he found one in the carat size and price range I requested. Anyways, I just wanted to get any ones thoughts on the GIA specs and overall ERD process. I know the GIA report specs don't mean much when it comes to cushions but for now I don't have a photo to share.

GIA Report:
Shape and Cutting Style: Old Mine Brilliant
Measurements: 5.59 x 5.44 x 3.80 mm

Grading Results
Carat Weight: 0.90 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS1

Finish
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Fluorenscense: None
Comments: Crown angles are greater than 40 degrees

GIA Report Picture.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
we can't really comment without photos. ERD usually provides photos, so post them when you get them! I am sure it is going to be beautiful though :)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
WOW that looks like a couple of huge naturals on the girdle! Definitely ask ERD about them- I'm not sure I'm remembering this right, but I think naturals don't necessarily "count" with regard to the clarity grade. So, with an extremely thick girdle and two (really) big naturals, I'd want the seller to confirm that they're not eye visible.

APbody1224

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. ERD is sending me a picture of the diamond today. After reading your concerns about indented naturals, I will make sure to ask Mark his thoughts.

APbody1224

Rough_Rock
I received a picture of the OMB cushion today from ERD. The picture isn't the best quality but I was impressed by Mark's selection.

Please let me know your thoughts.

picture_of_cushion.jpg

mogster

Shiny_Rock
That's a good lookin' cushion.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results