shape
carat
color
clarity

My cushion ring is finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeline_g

Rough_Rock
Dear all pricescopers,
Some of you may have seen my previous posts, I''m living in Aus and it has been so so hard to find some quality yet affordable cushions here- there are virtually none. So my fiance and I ( after the proposal) went about trying to find one. We nearly 99.9% went with GOG because we love their OMC however for us it was just too risky and difficult importing over from the US.
So in the end we went with diamond exchange in melbourne who weren''t too bad really, I mean some days were pretty frustrating when we thought we had found a diamond online and they wouldnt reply to us for AGES to let us know if it was still available and often we couldn''t even see a picture of it (which NO WAY we were going to purchase w/o even a picture...hmm NO). But then we met a lovely consultant who really helped us out. SO in the end we purchased (with a lot of trepidation) a 1.85 cushion brilliant VS1, J colour, excellent cut with GIA cert.(Ill pos the rest of the specs fiance has the cert at his house). Problem was...the facets aren''t as large as I would have liked and it is a cross between a crushed ice and a normal cushion brilliant cut. However, despite all this I really loved the stone (which is all that matters!) and it sparkles like crazy so I am thrilled :) . The setting was supposed to be very similar to a Leon Mege setting . I am happy with the setting however I would like the diamond to sit lower in the setting, is this possible?? The band is nice and thin like I wanted, a half knife edge and its 1.1mm. And I think one of the pointed claws is bigger than the other 3!!! I am so fussy you cant see this in person but when I have been taking photos I only just noticed. ahhh!!
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=255
(this will show the leon on the side)

anyway Im taking it back to be resized its still way to big
ill post a few piccies :)

Leon1239876.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Look forward to seeing your ring and hand shots!

cheers--Sharon

angeline_g

Rough_Rock
..side view...i would like it a littler lower- do u experts think thats reasonable?

P1010704sideview1.jpg

angeline_g

Rough_Rock
yes it can look quite crushed icy at times like here but other times it doesn''t. anyway i love my little gem. :)
oh yes and as u all noticed its all in yellow gold- i do love platinum/wgold but it looks terrible with my skin tone it makes me look so drained and cold!!! i was tossing up wether to get the prongs in ygold and i was freaking out- but im happy with the outcome. I mean my stone is J colour anyway- so it may make it look a little yellower but I like warm tones.

bitcrushdicy11.jpg

angeline_g

Rough_Rock
but that picture above really points out that the claws aren''t even......
39.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!!! It''s amazing!!
30.gif

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! What size is your finger?

angeline_g

Rough_Rock
well it is currently sized at AUS H 1/2 which is American/Canadian 4 1/4
but its waaay to big it slips right over my knuckle so it will have to be resized to a H = US 4 or a G1/2 = US 3 3/4

thanks for your nice comments everyone, it is really nice when people comment on your ring- most people don''t really like it very much back here at home , I think maybe its the yellow gold that puts them off!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring -- and with your tiny fingers, no wonder it looks so huge on your hand! Really lovely.

I hear you about finding beautiful cushions internationally. For my e-ring we were looking for a Canadian cushion brilliant and it took my fiance forever to find one we liked.

I see what you're saying about one prong being smaller than the others, though I wouldn't have noticed it had you not pointed it out. Your vendor should be able to fix it, though. Also, while I like the height of your setting, I do think you can get it lower.

ETA: I noticed you said one claw is bigger than the other three. I actually thought the upper left claw in the pic is a little smaller than the other three.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!

I would say that it can''t go much lower. The culet is pretty close to the base already. I think it is a really nice height! Not to mention if it is too low, you might have a wider gap between the e-ring and wedding band.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone! It''s beautiful!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is really beautiful!
30.gif

It looks huge on your tiny finger. If you lower the setting, your wb may have a larger gap? Anyways, congratulations! I think you should be 100% with your ring so you may want to address the difference in claws

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful on your finger! (and the stone looks huge
30.gif
)

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! i LOVE the thinness of the band! what a gorgeous ring!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! How extraordinarily beautiful! I think it''s perfect as is, I wouldn''t lower it at all.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is just gorgeous!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I LOVE the thin band!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks beautiful - I love the stone!!
36.gif

I think it`s set nice and low already!! And MDX should be able to fix up the prongs for you (they had to fix them for my MDX solitaire too).

snickers

Rough_Rock
Who doesn''t like your ring?? They''re probably jealous...it''s beautiful! I LOVE the yellow gold and the thin band is so elegant! Good choice
18.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a very pretty ring and I wouldn't touch the height. The bottom of the stone is sitting pretty low as it is. I wouldn't touch it! I know you don't want to part with it, but please do get it sized down as soon as you can. It does look a little too big on you and you don't want it to slip off accidentally.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also make sure you get insurance for it! Lovely stone, maybe we can see more close up shots? I''d like to get a better look at the facet pattern, cause I just love cushions.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous, what a delictate setting. Your last picture I do see that the claws seemed to be off set, Hope you can get that fixed, if it bothers you now, don''t let it eat away at you, get it corrected.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
angeline, I think your ring is lovely! The height already seems to be rather low to me - the culet is pretty close to the base of the ring. Are you worried about hurting it? Or just don''t find it comfortable?

As for the prongs, if it bugs you, definitely go and get it fixed!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is really beautiful!
If the claws do bug you ditto to everyone who has already said get them fixed...
It looks lovely on your hand!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - I wouldn''t change anything!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
angeline_g - I love the yellow gold and the thinness of the band. I think it goes really well with your skin tone, and I personally LOVE
emlove.gif
YG with the warmer tones. Really a lovely job. Had you not made mention of the prong, I wouldn''t have noticed, but that is a situation taht can easily be remedied. GORGEOUS stone! love it!
36.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on getting your beautiful ring!
36.gif
36.gif
I don''t think I would get it lowered if I were you. It looks like the culet is pretty close to the base already... so I don''t know if they''d be able to anyway. Maybe you just need some time to get used to it :) How many mm high is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results