shape
carat
color
clarity

my cushion cut ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ceetee

Rough_Rock
hi
I am a regular lurker around here and I learned so much from reading here. I was in search of a cushion cut and finally found one! Didn''t use an on line vendor but what I learned here helped lead us to the right people and a beautiful ring. Attempted to attach it here...let''s see if it works. if this works and anyone is interested I can get some closer shots. (It is 2.2c I/VS1)

cater.jpg

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
That is stunning! I love it, and would LOVE to see as many more shots as you'd like to post!

Also, can you tell a little about the setting/band?

Congratulations!

Robyn

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock

oh, I loooooove it~ So this is a cushion! When did these cuts come out? I've only heard about these cuts on Pricescope. And they are beautiful!

Can you take more pics? I really love it! Is it true that the same 2c compared to a round the round would look bigger?

Maybe my hunnie can get me a cushion cut of 1c~

3.gif

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
That really is a beautiful ring!
1.gif
You must be ecstatic
9.gif
. I've recently seen some stunning cushions on antique-inspired pave settings. However, the cushions were oriented in the other direction. In my opinion, the cushion, which was old, did not look as big as the H+A RBs of the same weight. I was slightly put off by the size of the culet, which need not be so obvious, I suppose.

Tell us where you found it? How old is it (i.e. when was it cut)?

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Pretty ring. Yes post more pics!
eek.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya CeeTee!!

Best wishes on your engagement! What a killer ring!, I love old cuts and your's is a lovely example. I especially admire the slim pave band, it's one of my favorite looks!

win

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful! I love the old fashioned look it has.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, beautiful! Show us a picture from the side, please! I love the setting. AND the stone.

mercerdnky

Rough_Rock
Ceetee - your ring is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures.
Please give us the details on the setting.

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! wow, I love that setting... What are the specs on it? Any more pictures??
9.gif
appl.gif

ceetee

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
Thanks for the responses. I will post more pix tomorrow but I am not having much luck getting good detail shots. Specs are as follows:

2.2 I/VS1 cushion cut (it is an antique stone)
faint flour/ small culet/depth 61.5%/table 57%
measures 8.82x 7.56x 4.65 don't really know how that measures against RB because rounds were never my focus)

the setting is repro- consists of 22 round bead set diamonds around the band, the shoulders and the gallery around the girdle. G/H diamonds in the setting.

I was fortunate enough to be able to compare different cushion cuts side by side and it is absolutely true that visual inspection matters. I didn't like the more modern cushion cuts and strangely I also preferred the I to a G I was shown.
We bought through a friend's connection... a dealer in NYC who specializes in antique cuts. it was set by the jeweler he works with. He doesnt as a rule sell to the general public so I don't feel comfortable posting his name here.
Will try for more pics tomorrow!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hi There. I am new here and also just love the old cuts. Just wanted to tell you that your diamond is very pretty.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/6/2004 6:53:52 PM Leota wrote:

oh, I loooooove it~ So this is a cushion! When did these cuts come out? Is it true that the same 2c compared to a round the round would look bigger----------------

Are you after a cushion or a Regent Leota? depending on what one calls a "cushion cut", these is among the oldest. Some call and Olld Mine Cut "cushion" when it is squarish, but there are plenty modern cushion cut diamonds made with sparkle in mind (some posts rank the regent among cushion cut models, but what do I know?). "Cushion" seems to stand for a generic notion of square or rectangle with rounded corners, and there are quite a few facet patterns matching this description.

Size? I guess depth would dictate size: and there are cushion cuts both shallower and deeper than what an ideal round of the same weight would be (and thus both smaller and bigger looking). This surely seems to be a hot shape: there were more posts about cushion cuts these days than all the time before I got on pricescope
2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one gorgeous ring!!!
It makes
2.gif
3.gif
me want to add pave to my band!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!

Michelle

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Elegant..I love the thin band..
21.gif

cushionlover

Rough_Rock
Hi there

I love your ring and it is exactly what I am looking for!! Can you tell me the name of the jeweller as I am going to NY next week from Sydney and was looking to buy one on line but think I may be better going to an estate jeweller

Thanks so much!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Wow -- how did I miss this one before? it''s GORGEOUS!! I love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
SJS, me too!! I totally missed this thread and WOW, what a ring!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me three!! That is just spectacular!! I love the setting.
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Very nice ring. I love the stone and the setting. More pics please!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Guys, this thread is an old one- from last yr- I dont think ceetee has posted in awhile!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! I would love to see more pics and see the setting from different angles.
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
ceetee, your gorgeous cushion ensemble is one of my faves in the SMTR folder...i even showed the BF your ring when i was contemplating cushions...it is just beautiful. you NEED to share some profile shots or something! please
emphoto.gif
1.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2005 7:42:56 PM
Author: Dani
Guys, this thread is an old one- from last yr- I dont think ceetee has posted in awhile!
OOPS!! I just realized that the post was from Jan. ''04, NOT ''05 -- no wonder I missed it the first time!!! haha!! Oh well, it''s still a gorgeous ring/diamond.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oops!! Me too--I still have a hard time remembering it''s 05...oh well! Gorgeous ring anyway, ceetee
9.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Very nice ring. I love seeing cushions. It''s a goregous stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results