shape
carat
color
clarity

My CUSHION CUT E-ring! Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushiongal27

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies! I got engaged over Christmas and I am finally debuting my beautiful CUSHION CUT engagement ring! Here are the specs:

1.9 carats - H - SI1 - platinum

It is a 4-prong solitaire setting with micro-pave diamonds on the bottom part of the setting and all around the band.

You all have to let me know what you think because I was SOOO close to getting a halo and changed my mind at the last minute. I know a halo would''ve made the stone look bigger, but everywhere I look I see halos and I wanted something slightly different.

I need advice - should I get it re-set with a halo? Also, what kind of wedding band do you suggest pairing with it?

OK I have to add pictures - stay tuned!!! :)
30.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
oooohhhh! Can''t WAIT to see your pics!!!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
its been nearly TWO HOURS! you''re killing me here....!
35.gif

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
457492dro0rb016c.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
It sounds amazing - I can''t wait to see the pics
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!!

Lori

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks plenty big enough as it is! I''d leave it alone. I''d probably get a wedding band made like the shank of the e-ring. Beautiful ring!

cushiongal27

Rough_Rock
Thanks! But my primary concern is that the prongs are positioned in a way that make the stone look square-ish... and I really wanted a more oval look to it. I''m wondering if a halo will more clearly outline the unique and beautiful shape of the cushion cut stone. What do you think?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The right halo will make it more oval. It is plenty big though... so I would get a very delicate halo if you get one. Congrats!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely the way it is! Is there any way you could just change the prongs on your current setting to be more delicate? Not sure that would make it look more oval, though. At any rate, it looks beautiful and HUGE on your hand. Keep us posted!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Whoa! I would not halo that baby! It's plenty big as it is! I think that more delicate prongs would look better though but I really like it as a solitaire!! As far as a wedding band, I would get one that matches the band on your ER. So pretty!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Wow it looks so incredibly white and beautiful - I think it''s perfect as is, in a solitaire!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your e-ring is stunning!!
30.gif
36.gif

I wouldn''t add a halo. I agree with changing the prongs maybe to make them more delicate and let the oval shape show off. In terms of wedding band, I`d get a matching one.

kmci

Shiny_Rock
I agree that thinning down the prongs might make it less square-ish, a bezel is also a good idea to accentuate the shape.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I wouldn''t halo that beauty - but perhaps you could have the prongs thinned down a bit. I''d get a wedding band to match the shank of your ering, but that''s just me.
5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could have the prongs redone but I would not do a halo. It is a beautiful stone on it''s own - sometimes stones get sort of ''lost'' in a halo.

Congrats on your engagement and enjoy that beautiful stone!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 10:41:46 PM
Author: cushiongal27
Thanks! But my primary concern is that the prongs are positioned in a way that make the stone look square-ish... and I really wanted a more oval look to it. I''m wondering if a halo will more clearly outline the unique and beautiful shape of the cushion cut stone. What do you think?
That''s my only critique, the prongs look a bit "off" still its a gorgeous ring and it looks plenty BIG. But if you do go for a halo I''d go with something super delicate.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovely ring!

However, before you consider a complete reset, why not start by getting the prongs redone first? If you can change the prongs, that they solve the "looking like a square" issue.

There are many halo styles out there that can help enhance a cushion''s pillowy outline, but I agree that the diamond is plenty big!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MY MY MY!! It''s amazing - no way would I halo it - it looks beautiful and hUGE!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
If I were you, I would see if I could have the prongs redone as delicate double-claw prongs. I definitely would not halo. Your ring is gorgeous! As for WB, I agree with all the other posters that said get a band that matches the shank of your e-ring. Very very pretty!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That stone doesn''t need a halo IMO, it''s quite large as it is. Beautiful too! I''d also get a wedding band that matches the shank, unless you''re not into matchy matchy. If that''s the case, I''d get a very very thin diamond band, maybe with alternating shapes, like marquis and round, or princess and baguette, etc.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
wowza now that is a ring...
30.gif

I LOVE the way it looks as is... but you are right the prongs DO give it a more squared off image, and a halo would oval it more. Stunning as is!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:53:27 AM
Author: natalina
If I were you, I would see if I could have the prongs redone as delicate double-claw prongs. I definitely would not halo. Your ring is gorgeous! As for WB, I agree with all the other posters that said get a band that matches the shank of your e-ring. Very very pretty!
double claw prongs on a stunning stone like that would be outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results