shape
carat
color
clarity

My cushion arrived!

KhiraLi

Rough_Rock
In time for my wedding the 12th of may 2012, I will remake my e-ring into a three stone ring. Although it is a while left I've started to collect the two new diamonds. My center just arrived which is a cushion from JA. My plan is to make something like this

Newonk's
file.jpg

My center stone:

Cushion brilliant four mains
1.01 Ct
J
VS2
6.66*5.89*3.38

The e-ring has a H&A brilliant

0.45 Ct
H
VS2
4.93*4.90*3.03

I shot some quick pictures in different lightings when it arrived and there is a slight warmth to the J color in some light conditions, in others the cushion remains light and nice whereas the brilliant go dark steelish gray (without camera obstruction). I have pictures where the brilliant is very much darker than it is in these pictures but didn't include them. Even if it is not very obvious in the pictures it is very interesting to see how the difference in cut affects the performance and that the brilliant is not always outshining the cushion.

diamant1.jpg
diamant2_0.jpg
diamant3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sure looks pretty in your pics :lickout:

Are you having a vendor find you matches, or are you hunting them down yourself? Either way I admire your patience! 8)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

KhiraLi

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1305456643|2922228 said:
It sure looks pretty in your pics :lickout:

Are you having a vendor find you matches, or are you hunting them down yourself? Either way I admire your patience! 8)

I have to do it myself sice I live in Sweden and I already had my e-ring. If I had started from scratch then I could have used a vendor in the US. I'm not sure you can even find cushions in Sweden.

It will not be a perfect match since I've mixed H and J but I think seeing it in person that even if I bought a H cushion the difference in cut still would have made that stone stand out from the others.

I took some more photos that I think compliment them both very well

bt6.jpg
bt7.jpg
bt5.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice stone, I can't wait to see the finished product!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
love the stone~

KhiraLi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments. Can't wait to have it finished either but I'll have to wait for a year until I can wear it ;( Will start the production somewhere in feb-march.

I've also been eyeing a third stone H SI1, AGS 000, HCA 1.5 however it seem to have a feather that reaches the girdle :(sad JA will have to evaluate it for me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results