shape
carat
color
clarity

My coworker needs a ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I need research help. She likes this ring-her budget is $3000. How close can we get her to this look. She was thinking of buying a ring from Zales so as long as it looks pretty and flashy and not an eye sore she''ll be happy she''s not picky like us.

http://whiteflash.com/wardrobe/details.asp?Page=8&PriceFrom=0&PriceTo=999999&ItemCode=PL601-100&category_id=26&mail_submited=0&MailTo=&MailNote=&PrType=1&Type=Gold&act=additem&VID=&RingSize=&sitetype=wardrobe

I know it''s long but if you copy and paste it to your address bar you ccan just click the back arrow to get back here.

And I''ll be bumping this tomorrow since it''s already 5:30 and my timing always sucks.

The-Betrothed

Rough_Rock
Someone needs to teach you how to make a link.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanee if she is not picky and has a limited budget, she may want to start with a visit to a few maul jewelers. I say that because $3k is the cost of around a well cut .70c stone depending on your color/clarity, etc...not even mentioning the setting! That setting she wants is almost $2k. Even if she can have it replicated for half the cost that is still around $1k for the setting, leaving her $2k for the stone which is around a .50c well cut decent color, decent clarity stone.

Not knowing what her priorities are (e.g. stone first, then whatever is left for the setting), maybe she should go into some jewelers (not just maul) and see what she can find that she likes even. Then she may have a better starting point for what to work from. Maybe she finds the great setting in a store and its cheaper and then she can focus search for the stone online.

It's a tough call..but again if you say she is not picky, she should just shop around offline and see what appeals to her eye. With a tight budget like that, and setting lust for something so pricey, it's a tall order!

Good luck!
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
"setting lust" I love that! I'm having some setting lust myself.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Pre-Betrothed. Someone does need to teach me how to make links. I can't upload pictures either, they're always too large. Go figure. I can't even figure out how to change them. Maybe I'll work on this today, in the meantime, my coworker still needs a ring as previously mentioned. Come on, some one's got to have a stone that satisfy's her criteria.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lanee, send me the photos in an attachment through my regular email, and from your regular email. Even if you have to send one at a time, Ill edit them and make them smaller for you.

Take care,
Graeme

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'd rather learn, it's just not the same when you have to wait to see them. Maybe you can email me a brief lesson.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanee has she gone into some retail stores to look at rings? Personally I think until she does that, no one can really suggest anything to her because she wants a really expensive setting and who knows about the stone for a budget of $3k. I think she needs to see whats in stores (both maul and reputable) and see exactly what she is willing to do. People's priorities tend to change once they see well performing stones vs. maul cuts. So she may not be happy with a Zales stone and want a better stone..but if her budget is hard, then she knows her $$ goes to the stone and she gets a solitaire setting for now.

The examples are numerous...there's tons of options out there for her. She needs to get an idea of what SHE wants and her priority levels before people can make suggestions that stick.

1.gif
My two cents. Tell her to get into a store or two!

Spyder

Rough_Rock
Lanee, most graphic editing programs have the capability to Resize an image.

If your computer does not have a graphic editor like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, then you can download a free one like this or that or one of these.

Whichever one you use, just look in the Help for "Resize" and it will show how to do it.

Good luck!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Spyder, I'll have to check what I have at home.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate her because she seems uninterested. If she does some shopping at the mall and asks some questions I will guide her. I tried directing her to the education at goodoldgold.com but she's not interested and I hate sounding like no body knows better than me so it's my job to preach to everyone. I hate people like that so I try to spare others from feeling that way about me. I just let her know I know some things and have resources for her if she's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results