shape
carat
color
clarity

My cool new spinel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I have made my first gem purchase and it arrived today. It is a lovely little spinel cut by Daniel Stair of Custom Gemstones. He was wonderful to work with and I plan on purcahsing from him again.

The stone is a bit darker than the photo. It is the color of grape Kool Aid or Dimetap. When the light hits it, it sparkles like crazy! And there are strong flecks of royal blue. At first, I wasn''t sure about it as it is on the unique side. But wow, I have been staring at it all day. There is a lot of personality in this little (it is 6mm) stone!

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. I would like to set it as a ring. It will have to be a very open setting so that the light can get all the way around. Hmmmmmmm.... :)

My Spinel.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s a beautiful color - how exciting!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken
love that color

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty!! I love the color.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I love that color!!! Can''t wait to see what you do with it :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, drooling! How are you going to set it. It is so beautiful.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s a lovely stone and I''m glad to see someone taking the plunge into non-standard spinel colors. I call the many light blue-purple-pink-violet hues "ice colors." They''re cool yet inviting, and have amazing luster and life. They''re also very reasonably priced because their unique beauty simply hasn''t yet caught on. Congratulations!

Richard M.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a yummy color that is. LOVE IT!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I hope you''ll be able to set it with a few diamonds - either sidestones or a halo or both - to bring out the sparkle. What a great find!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely color!

movie zombie

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful spinel!! I''ve purchased from dan as well and have been very happy with the gems.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Neat little gumdrop!

cheers--Sharon

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your jump into color. I''m a newbie but it looks really really nice to me.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
very nice stone! looks like it will be a very lively little one. Can you take more pics? :)

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Koolaid funny you should use that comparison because today i noticed the bottle of mouthwash (SCOPE)and saw the backlight of the window with light bulb above and this very shiny full of life....quess!
Emerald, oh my it looked exactly whAT I would expect a perfect emerald to look like. Have fun with this I did!!

Gorgeous looking Spinel and hope it brings goodluck.
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I missed this the first time - it''s a gorgeous color stone! Any ring ideas come to you yet?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!
30.gif
Please let us know what you decxide to do and post lots of pictures!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that is such a lovely shade!! I love it!!!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I am still mulling over what to do with the spinel. As it was my very first gem purchase... the spinel has, uh, now been joined by my second gem purchase! LOL! Yep, a sky blue Montana sapphire also from Daniel Stair at Custom Gemstones. I had a tough time deciding between the two and eventually decided what the heck, I''m gettin'' both.

Anyway, I am now thinking that the spinel would be so gorgeous as a haloed pendant. It would be something different and interesting that could be worn everyday.

It is so hard to decide!

Even harder to decide is what gem to purchase next. LOL! I would love a pink sapphire... Hmmmmm...
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2007 4:42:30 PM
Author: Joolskie
Well, I am still mulling over what to do with the spinel. As it was my very first gem purchase... the spinel has, uh, now been joined by my second gem purchase! LOL! Yep, a sky blue Montana sapphire also from Daniel Stair at Custom Gemstones. I had a tough time deciding between the two and eventually decided what the heck, I''m gettin'' both.

Anyway, I am now thinking that the spinel would be so gorgeous as a haloed pendant. It would be something different and interesting that could be worn everyday.

It is so hard to decide!

Even harder to decide is what gem to purchase next. LOL! I would love a pink sapphire... Hmmmmm...
31.gif
Congratulations! Those Montana sapphires look really nice on his site. Have a picture of yours for us?

So you''ve decided that the spinel doesn''t need a really open setting? Will you have the work done locally or have WF or Quest or someone else do it? Just wondering cause I''d like to have a plan BEFORE I buy my first gem. Cause it looks like a 2nd gem can come along quickly. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results