shape
carat
color
clarity

My coccyx is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been playing lost of soccer lately, and in the last game I played in on Thursday, I slid weird and hurt my coccyx (tailbone)! I can barely sit down or get up out of a laying position because it hurts so much! (Pointless post, I know, but I''m laying here, bored, with a hurt tailbone so I can''t even think about going to sleep!)

Anyone else do this to themselves? If so, how long did it take to feel better? I''m pretty sure it''s just bruised and not broken or cracked, but I think if it keeps bothering me I should go to the doctor. I''m pretty BUMMED out (PUN INTENDED! Hahahaha!) because I have 2 games tomorrow and then 1 game Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and I definitely can''t play with it hurting like this.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, owie, I never had that happen but if something hurts I ice it and take ibuprofen and stay off it. Hope it gets better
12.gif
, ouch! eta: I wouldn't play your games so you can rest and get better, so sorry. I like your sense of humor. hehe

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch, that sounds painful! It has never happened to me personally, but my mother broke her tailbone when she was younger. Just rest up, I hope you feel better.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oowie...those hurt. You will regret playing if you fall on your bum again.

The best thing to do is to keep pressure off your bum and the best way to do that is to get a "donut pillow", so your tailbone is elevated. Poor thang...those really hurt.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:32:31 AM
Author: Skippy123
Oh gosh, owie, I never had that happen but if something hurts I ice it and take ibuprofen and stay off it. Hope it gets better
12.gif
, ouch! eta: I wouldn''t play your games so you can rest and get better, so sorry. I like your sense of humor. hehe

Thanks Skippy! I think I''m going to have to skip tomorrow for sure...and I''m glad you like my cheesy pun!
3.gif
I couldn''t pass it up!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:39:09 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Ouch, that sounds painful! It has never happened to me personally, but my mother broke her tailbone when she was younger. Just rest up, I hope you feel better.

Thanks D*D! I''m pretty sure mine is just bruised-I can''t even imagine breaking it-yikes!
23.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:47:00 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Oowie...those hurt. You will regret playing if you fall on your bum again.

The best thing to do is to keep pressure off your bum and the best way to do that is to get a ''donut pillow'', so your tailbone is elevated. Poor thang...those really hurt.

Thanks miracles! I really don''t fall very often when I play, but you''re right-if I fell on my bum tomorrow I would be in trouble!

I am a little scared of a donut pillow, though! Everyone will think I have some other issues if I bring one of those bad boys to class!
6.gif
3.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
hahaha, well, you''ll just have to tell them to get their minds out of the gutter.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:54:36 AM
Author: miraclesrule
hahaha, well, you'll just have to tell them to get their minds out of the gutter.
2.gif

Hahaha-I'll get super defensive before anyone says anything: "I hurt my tailbone, okay?!! That's why I have the donut pillow-I swear!"
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fell once really hard and landed on it. You likely have a bruised tailbone. I think you ice the first 24 hours, then you can do heat. I think it can take a while to heal and not sure there is much to do for it. I am sure you can take advil too, and sit on a gel type cushion thing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ouch!!! I feel for you, please get plenty of rest, and skip the games this week. The donut pillow helps, my daughter fell and hurt hers, it was bruised. I think it took a week to heal. Was a long time ago, but do remember she was in pain. Hang in there!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks diamondfan and Kaleigh! It looks like I''m going to rest up this week! I think I''ll go to the doctor''s on Monday just to be on the safe side...

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
OOH that is a painful injury. Definitely rest up. Its a slow healer. I bruised mine when I was in early high school and I remember 3 months of pain when sitting on those hard school desks. I hope you feel better soon!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I bruised mine once as a kid too and remember having to sleep on my stomach to keep it from hurting as much and sitting on pillows at meals. I hurt mine during the summer, so I didn''t have to worry about what happened at school, but I remember it made me feel really old at the time!
3.gif
I hope yours heals quickly, thing2--and I think it''s a smart idea to go to the doctor just to be sure it isn''t anything worse than just a bruise. Feel better soon, darlin''!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I have strained mine but never badly and it does hurt.

I would down some nurofen and rub in some deep heat or voltarn emugel (which is ibuprofen in a gel form).

Hope you feel better soon ;-)

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Ouch! I think the best thing you can do is what diamondfan said about icing it the first 24 hours and then heat. Also, Ibuprofen really helps. I actually broke mine ice skating while I was in college. Talk about embarassing! It took a loooong time for it to heal since I had reinjured it failling down the stairs! (I am a real clutz) The donut pillow really helps when you have to sit on hard surfaces. It sounds like yours is probably bruised, but if it continues to bother you after a few weeks make sure you go to the Doctor just to have it diagnosed. There reallly isn''t much they can do, but it is good to know for other reasons. If it is broke and you have a child later there is great chance you will re-break it during the birth so sometimes they schedule you for a c-section instead. I know how much pain you are in so I hope that you feel better soon!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor you! I won''t offer to rub it better for you!
9.gif

I hope you feel better soon!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I broke mine when I was 10. Got bucked off a horse and landed firmly on my bum. 21 years later it STILL hurts if I sit on hard surfaces like the floor or try to do sit-ups. My sister broke hers in childbirth. She said that would be good for me because then it would be back in the right spot! ha.

I hope it''s just bruised, but get a pillow! There''s not a lot a doctor can do besides give you pain meds, but definitely go if you feel you need to. Ice and advil is about all you really need. Hang in there!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 2:30:08 AM
Author: hairgirl95
OOH that is a painful injury. Definitely rest up. Its a slow healer. I bruised mine when I was in early high school and I remember 3 months of pain when sitting on those hard school desks. I hope you feel better soon!

Ooh, high school seats and this would not be fun! Thanks!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 4:33:36 AM
Author: gwendolyn
I bruised mine once as a kid too and remember having to sleep on my stomach to keep it from hurting as much and sitting on pillows at meals. I hurt mine during the summer, so I didn''t have to worry about what happened at school, but I remember it made me feel really old at the time!
3.gif
I hope yours heals quickly, thing2--and I think it''s a smart idea to go to the doctor just to be sure it isn''t anything worse than just a bruise. Feel better soon, darlin''!
1.gif

Yep, I am feeling like an old person right now! You should see me get up from the couch! Thanks Gwen!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 5:13:00 AM
Author: Deelight
7.gif
I have strained mine but never badly and it does hurt.

I would down some nurofen and rub in some deep heat or voltarn emugel (which is ibuprofen in a gel form).

Hope you feel better soon ;-)

Thanks for the advice-I''ve never heard of the gel ibuprofen...interesting!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 8:00:29 AM
Author: allikatac
Ouch! I think the best thing you can do is what diamondfan said about icing it the first 24 hours and then heat. Also, Ibuprofen really helps. I actually broke mine ice skating while I was in college. Talk about embarassing! It took a loooong time for it to heal since I had reinjured it failling down the stairs! (I am a real clutz) The donut pillow really helps when you have to sit on hard surfaces. It sounds like yours is probably bruised, but if it continues to bother you after a few weeks make sure you go to the Doctor just to have it diagnosed. There reallly isn''t much they can do, but it is good to know for other reasons. If it is broke and you have a child later there is great chance you will re-break it during the birth so sometimes they schedule you for a c-section instead. I know how much pain you are in so I hope that you feel better soon!!

Oh wow-landing on ice would be horrible! Not to mention falling down stairs! Yikes! I will definitely go to the doctor if it''s still bugging me in a week or two. Thanks!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 9:04:36 AM
Author: Maisie
9.gif

Hahaha-that is so selfish of you!
3.gif
Thanks Maisie!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 10:21:56 AM
Author: sumbride
I broke mine when I was 10. Got bucked off a horse and landed firmly on my bum. 21 years later it STILL hurts if I sit on hard surfaces like the floor or try to do sit-ups. My sister broke hers in childbirth. She said that would be good for me because then it would be back in the right spot! ha.

I hope it''s just bruised, but get a pillow! There''s not a lot a doctor can do besides give you pain meds, but definitely go if you feel you need to. Ice and advil is about all you really need. Hang in there!

Yikes-that must have HURT. And the whole break your tailbone in childbirth is blowing my mind...and not in a good way!
23.gif
Thanks sumbride!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my I call my daughter to see how her weekend went in Capri, she''s in Florence studying. They went cliff jumping. She iinjured her coccyx, and got bruises on her legs, because as she jumped, she panicked, and didn''t go into the water feet first, but landed on her butt. I could cry for her, as she''s in a lot of pain. I had a feeling all weekend, that something wasn''t right. Now I know. She''ll never do that again, it wasn''t the safest of circumstances, I am lucky that''s all that happened. She said, well I guess Sky diving is out for me!!
Sky diving??
32.gif

I said are you trying to give me a heart attack???
23.gif

She said since she''s injured it before, she knows in a week, all will be fine. So wanted to pass this on to you T2O2.

Hoping you are feeling better, and getting some rest. Donut pillow and all.

DD really wishes she had one right now.
39.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 10:35:41 AM
Author: thing2of2

9.gif

3.gif
Thanks Maisie!
9.gif

hug.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
10 years ago I was standing in roller skates, in the middle island of a roller skating rink, watching my kids go round and round the place. Suddenly, they both start heading for me, and grab on to my arms to "stop themselves." Seeing as I was on wheels, too, I went DOWN. I could hardly put one foot in front of the other for a week. Sometimes even now when I get up and move the wrong way (only occasionally to rarely) I get a pang and I know it''s a pinched nerve from it. A dr looked at it and said there was nothing to be done, but I do have a sort of bump there still. Anyway, I remember it took somewhere in the vicinity of about a week before I could walk semi normally, but it may have taken months to feel normal again. If it continues, maybe you should have it looked at. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Odds are good you are bruised and only time will help. Sorry!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 8:31:17 PM
Author: Kaleigh
So my I call my daughter to see how her weekend went in Capri, she''s in Florence studying. They went cliff jumping. She iinjured her coccyx, and got bruises on her legs, because as she jumped, she panicked, and didn''t go into the water feet first, but landed on her butt. I could cry for her, as she''s in a lot of pain. I had a feeling all weekend, that something wasn''t right. Now I know. She''ll never do that again, it wasn''t the safest of circumstances, I am lucky that''s all that happened. She said, well I guess Sky diving is out for me!!

Sky diving??
32.gif

I said are you trying to give me a heart attack???
23.gif

She said since she''s injured it before, she knows in a week, all will be fine. So wanted to pass this on to you T2O2.

Hoping you are feeling better, and getting some rest. Donut pillow and all

DD really wishes she had one right now.
39.gif

Oh no! Yikes, that sounds a lot more painful than what happened to me! I''m doing okay today-thanks for asking! I do think I''m going to go to the doctor tomorrow if I get the chance, and if not tomorrow, Tuesday. I want to make sure I didn''t break it!

I hope your daughter feels better, and tell her no more risky behavior! Cliff jumping-scary!

Although I have to be honest...I was known to jump off a (really high) bridge or two back in my high school days! I never told my mom, though-she would have had a heart attack for sure!
6.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 8:36:43 PM
Date: 6/22/2008 10:35:41 AM

Author: thing2of2

9.gif

3.gif
Thanks Maisie!

9.gif

hug.gif

Thanks for the hug, friend! Now if you wouldn''t mind just rubbing my butt bone...
9.gif
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 9:37:09 PM
Author: justjulia
10 years ago I was standing in roller skates, in the middle island of a roller skating rink, watching my kids go round and round the place. Suddenly, they both start heading for me, and grab on to my arms to ''stop themselves.'' Seeing as I was on wheels, too, I went DOWN. I could hardly put one foot in front of the other for a week. Sometimes even now when I get up and move the wrong way (only occasionally to rarely) I get a pang and I know it''s a pinched nerve from it. A dr looked at it and said there was nothing to be done, but I do have a sort of bump there still. Anyway, I remember it took somewhere in the vicinity of about a week before I could walk semi normally, but it may have taken months to feel normal again. If it continues, maybe you should have it looked at. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Odds are good you are bruised and only time will help. Sorry!

Ow! The good thing is I fell on grass so it wasn''t super hard like a roller rink! Yikes! I hope it heals up soon and I don''t have any twinges in the future...that''s why I think I better go to the doctor to be on the safe side, although I know they can''t do much. Thanks for the well wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results