shape
carat
color
clarity

My Chunyun Jewelers mini-splurge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I know several have gotten this pendant and have been happy, so I finally caved today and got one plus a couple other things...

276197479_o.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I got these 8.5mm earrings, and will take off the silver ball and post to make earring charms.
9.gif

276199627_o.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Then I also got these 9.5mm pearls, just for a fun necklace! Can''t wait ''til they all get here!

Chunyun resized.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Gaaah! I just realized I misspelled "Chuyun" - that''s going to drive me nuts!
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, so beautiful, can''t wait to see your pics when they arrive
36.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
ohh pretty-- I can''t wait to see YOUR pics of these
9.gif
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorg!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looking good, cellentani!! Enjoy wearing your new pretties when they arrive.

Gorgeous! I looked at the prices and got myself one too. Sadly (But good for the wallet) I need an 18" necklace.

I look forward to getting mine! and to seeing yours as well :) The one I bought was $18... not bad!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait till you get them! I have the same pendant pictured (except with a sterling silver bail) and I love it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Cellentani, I can''t wait to see your 9.5mm strand!
19.gif

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 3:16:05 PM
Author: cellentani
I got these 8.5mm earrings, and will take off the silver ball and post to make earring charms.
9.gif
Cell, OMG I just did this exact same thing. I took off the ball and post and made earring charms. They are amazing. I wore them for the first time yesterday and got so many compliments. They give my freshadama studs a run for the money. They are really, really pretty.

I will try to post some pics. Great minds think alike!
36.gif

Don''t forget to use the Bing Cashback search on ebay to save 8% on everything!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone for your kind comments! I recieved notice that my pearls shipped Monday, but I guess they could take 10-20 days to get here (I''m on the East coast). I can''t wait, and you know I''ll take more photos than anyone cares to see!

metromom - great minds think alike! Did you post shots anywhere of your converted earring charms? I''d love to see them, especially to see the scale with your studs! I''m glad it worked for you - I figured it would from the vendor''s picture, but you never know. Can''t wait to get mine!

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 6:44:05 PM
thanks everyone for your kind comments! I recieved notice that my pearls shipped Monday, but I guess they could take 10-20 days to get here (I''m on the East coast). I can''t wait, and you know I''ll take more photos than anyone cares to see!

metromom - great minds think alike! Did you post shots anywhere of your converted earring charms? I''d love to see them, especially to see the scale with your studs! I''m glad it worked for you - I figured it would from the vendor''s picture, but you never know. Can''t wait to get mine!
I didn''t yet but let me see if I can get hubby to take a few. Mine took about 8 business days, much quicker than I thought. And they packed beautifully in a pink box and a pearl cloth. Very happy with my experience.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
OK how does one take ear shots by themselves? I can''t seem to do it.

Anyway, here is a picture of the pearl earrings made into earring charms. Keep in mind, I don''t actually wear plain diamond studs, so I pair these with my diamond flower clusters and my diamond princess sets.

pearllun44455.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
yikes, sorry these pictures aren''t great.

perer10899.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
holy smokes, metromom - those look fantastic! Are yours exactly the same size as mine - 8.5mm? If mine look half as good as yours, I''ll be very pleased! Thanks for posting those pics.

Oh, BTW, I''ve only been able to get ear shots by using a mirror to see the LCD viewfinder, when pointing the camera at my ears. It''s clumsy, but sometimes you can get a decent shot that way.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cell. I am really happy with them. They are near perfect. I just checked the ebay listing and mine said 8.5-9.0mm so yes, I think they will be the same size.

I saw a commercial for that camera where there is a viewfinder in the front. How cool is that, us pricescopers need one for ear and neck shots!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic Cell!!!! I''m so excited to see your pictures
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
They''re not here yet and it''s driving me crazy! I know they''re coming from China, but I''m just so darn impatient.

I am also impatient. I wish it was just like 3 days! Arg... better shop to pass the time :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
They''re here!!!! I''m off to take some pics. The earrings and pendant are nice, but the necklace is weird - I''ll show you in just a minute.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here are just a few quick pics. The lavendar pendant has some brown undertones in direct sunlight, but in regular indoor lighting, it''s very pretty. The earrings are nice, and will work very well as charms on my studs.

chuyun set1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The necklace is okay - some of the pearls are off-round, but not too noticeable. It''s hard to tell from the picture, but the luster isn''t as good as the pendant or earrings, and there are definitely some small marks on most of the pearls.

chuyun set2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The weird thing is that the necklace isn''t knotted - there''s a metal cable that runs through the pearls, and a white (plastic?) disc separates each one. The cable isn''t as flexable as silk thread, so the necklace doesn''t have the nice drape that I was expecting. I''ll most likely break the cable and restring them with double-strand silk. I could use some practice knotting, but this was a little disappointing.

I don''t think all of Chuyun''s necklaces are like this, but study the pic carefully - knowing this, I can kind of make out which necklaces are done in similar fashion. It''s at least worth a question to the seller if it matters to you.

chuyun set3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Do you think this is a good length, or should I shorten it a little?

chuyun set4.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 5:59:48 PM
Do you think this is a good length, or should I shorten it a little?
I think it is a good length, although your neck is nice enough to wear it shorter if you wish. Mine has reached the age where I need a bit of length to draw the eye downward a bit.
5.gif
I would restring it so it drapes better. Nice size pearls.
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s disappointing. I ordered the $33 8.5mm necklace and I wondered what was going to turn out to be wrong with it to make it so cheap. I bet mine aren''t knotted either. The pearls don''t look all that round in the photo, but it never crossed my mind that the stringing would turn out to be fake.

Oh well, live and learn.

How weird! The white disc thingy makes it look like it IS strung... I ordered one of these too.

And now... I have another one. I bought matching ones for my bridesmaids and I''m going to have to get them re-done now. Oh well. At least they''ll be cute.

And I love the length in the pic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results