shape
carat
color
clarity

my chrome tourmaline ring is on its way

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
and it looks like it was worth the wait! :D
Michael sent me these photos and I will do my best to take more when it arrives.
The pictures touched my heart so when I saw them: the botanical vision realized.

My very first venture into the world of custom CS jewelry. (happy sigh)

my first CS project 2.jpg
my%20first%20CS%20project%203.jpg

my%20first%20CS%20project%204.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks stunning!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The profile is gorgeous! Who did the setting???

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh How Beautiful ! :love: :cheeky: :love:
I can't wait till you get it, I must see it on your hand !!!!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
ty ~

Thank you! Michael E. made the setting and I have to say that I am pleased with the delicacy and balance.

MTG ~

That was the word I used when thanking Michael. LOL Thank you too.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
shiney ~

Thank you! I cannot wait to get it home! Due via UPS on Thursday. I am a lousy photographer but I will give it my best. Any suggestions on how to get a decent pictures?

~ faegrace

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely beautiful! You designed that? Wow, you are a natural - I can't believe that is your first attempt at designing something!

Brilliant job and congrats to Michael E as well! :appl: :appl:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, jaw dropping. Love the detail!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
MB ~

I take very little credit, actually. Michael interpreted any vision I had. I think it was a different type of project for him though, if you go by his website.

Thank you, MB :)

And thank you, Novel. :) I may die of impatience now though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! It's gooorgeous! Michael did a fabulous job-can't wait to see it on your hand! C'moooon Thursday!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
packrat ~

He did an absolutely awesome job! :appl: You know it's special when I take a look at my hands and wish I wasn't such an avid gardener... (not that I'd wear it then; it's just that my hands aren't what they used to be)

~ faegrace

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :appl: Gorgeous! Its really a lovely work of art! I can't wait to see some hand shots!

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian ~

Thank you for the compliment! How is your project with the luscious blue/green coming along?

~ faegrace

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
That is so beautiful! I'm sure the wait will be tough.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring, Faegrace. The design is so delicate and feminine. I love that green against the yellow gold. :))

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Kitty and Burberry ~

Thank you both so much!
I am not typically a YG fan but in this case, it works (and hey, YG looks better against my skin anyhow!) Need some delicate YG sparkles for my ears now.

~ faegrace

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really delicate, feminine and lovely. Great details.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
TL ~

Thank you!

I was wondering the other day what our choices in CS and/or jewelry say about each of us...? Hmmm.
I mean, think about it, we know each other by what we post not only in terms of commentary but obviously in terms of our gems and jewelry.

~ faegrace

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, just beautiful! Congratulations to you and to Michael E.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Faegrace, It's lovely! I really like the flow up the sides towards the stone and the leaf prongs, awesome design! I know what you mean about the gardening, I wear gloves but.... oh well. No one will notice your fingers anyway, they will be too busy gazing into that beautiful stone!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Aoife ~

Thank you; I am hoping there will be more projects to come (my aqua and my spess) but he seems pretty busy. Go figure. LOL Best of luck with yours. :)

ArtDeco ~

Thanks for the assurance! I only wear gloves to scrub the bathroom. :oops: I am soooo bad about needing to feel my hands in the dirt.

Yes, the tourmaline looks lovely. I wasn't so sure when I first got it but now :love:

~ faegrace

happybear

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely stunning!!

I really like the color ombination and the total flow of the design. It's a real work of art!

Looking forward to your handshots. :wink2:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, now that is a work of art! Can't wait to see your handshots.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is a real stunner! Congratulations to you and Michael E. Can't wait to see your pics when it comes.

--- Laurie

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color gold with the green looks amazing together and I love the style of the ring. Can't wait to see your pictures!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Happybear, IndyLady, Jewelfreak, and Baby Nurse ~

A big 'thank you' to each of you!

I am so happy to have found a place that shares the creativity and inspiration that is part of the love of coloured gems. :D

Happy Day, Everyone!

~ faegrace

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been searching the 'net for his site, can you link it to me? I'm looking to set a green tourmaline and I would love to see his other work.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Athena ~

Hello! Certainly: http://www.thegemshoppe.com

When checking out Michael's site, I would say to bear in mind that he is capable of many more styles than shown AND that he is up for the creative process. I found him helpful, not overbearing. That was important to me (i.e: I found he could come up with ideas as well as create CADs that beautifully interpreted my vision).

I hope that helps.

~ faegrace

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much. Are his prices $, $$, or $$$? And what was his turn around time?? (sorry to be such a nosey rosy)

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Athena ~

No, I appreciate that you'd like to know.

The turn-around time for my ring has been about a month, from initial concept to completion. That said, there were a few glitches along the way (e.g: the diamonds were held up in shipping due to horrendous storms on the east coast). I found Michael to be responsive any time I had a question and he definitely kept me aware of where he was at each stage of the process.

I found his prices very reasonable as he essentially used a formula of the cost of the alloy + the cost of the diamonds + intricacy of the design, to determine price. He kept it within budget, easily, w/o compromising my desires. Have a budget though. That way he can have a platform upon which to build.

Both turn-around time and cost will obviously be dependent on your specific wishes. BTW, I was EXTREMELY nervous going into this. I wasn't even sure about the tourmaline (yeah, Barry just loved all my questions with that!) Michael put me at ease with his experience and I didn't feel like one in a herd of cattle, if you know what I mean.

~ faegrace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results