shape
carat
color
clarity

My Christmas Pearls are on the Way!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just got confirmation from Sarah at Kojima Pearl that the Tahitian pearl necklace my DH ordered is on the way. DH has been so busy that he was grateful when I made his Christmas shopping easy. :bigsmile:

I'm attaching some vendor pictures. Live pictures will have to wait until Christmas. ;))

This is a mixed natural color silver Tahitian necklace with round pearls 10 to 12 mm. The pearls have naturally occuring (and IMHO, cost reducing :naughty: ) blemishes. The colors include dove grey, steel grey, pistachio, silver blue, and silver with rose overtones. Sarah has already taken the posting down, but I have the original pictures saved.

kdn1196__3_large.jpg

kdn1196__2_large.jpg

kdn1196__1_large.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
More photos from the posting at Kojima Pearl.

kdn1196__6_large.jpg

kdn1196__5_large.jpg

kdn1196__4_large.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Now, the original necklace was 17" which I felt was a bit shorter than I wanted. So, I asked Sarah if she could lengthen the necklace to 20". Of course she could. :appl:

Here are some additional photos she sent showing the six new pearls that would be added to the necklace. I was thinking of a yellow gold clasp, but after seeing these pictures, I decided to go with a white gold clasp.

kdn1196_8.jpg

kdn1196_7.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is the necklace with the white gold clasp that I decided to go with.

In addition, Sarah took this picture comparing the necklace I chose with the Tahitian Circle Pearl Rope. What attracted me was the colors, which are similar, but I was really surprised at the differences in pearl sizes. That clinched it. I sent DH the link to the mix color silver round Tahitian necklace. :)) And, now we wait. :cheeky:

kdn1196_9.jpg

kdn1196_10.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I love all the colors, they flow and ebb and remind me of the sea in the evening.

They are stunning and I can't wait for neck shots. You my dear friend deserve the very best and I hope you wear them in the best of health. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
earthy.....and i do love earthy! very organic in shape of the pearls and color. nicely done!

MoZo

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
The round strand seems to have more saturation in colors. The pearls reflection is continuous without interruption, compared to the circle strand, having too many grooves, burrows.. They are both very colorful.Thanks for sharing. Neck shot is required!

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, Flygirl. No better gift than pearls. :love:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love:

Those are gorgeous! What a great Christmas present!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely strand :appl: :appl: :appl: Merry, merry Christmas enjoy your new pearls.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm, Yummy :lickout:

I'm seriously looking forward to the post Christmas pearl eye candy.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely choice FG!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, FLYGIRL! NicE!

ENVY :mrgreen: ENVY :mrgreen: ENVY :mrgreen:

Those are gorgeous! I adore the colors! I like Tahitians that are not too dark, that have beautiful overtones, and these certainly fill the bill! I am drooling over the blues and greens! :cheeky:

I haven't gone on Sarah's site lately, because there's a package from her under the tree :appl: that my DH got! I don't want to spoil the surprise!

I think the comparison shots between round and baroque are really helpful for people, too. It's like round colored stones, versus oval: similar length can have a completely different effect.

OMG. . . they are beautiful . . .

Very nice! I am quite partial to rounds and baroques though :)

I really love the colors of the strand you got...!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls and I love 20" necklaces too! Great length! Can't wait for more pics!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Gypsy, MoZo, HHPmom, WHB, Burberrygirl, 4RanchGirl, 4ever, LG, iLander, bean and lizzyann. The package arrived today. Less than a day after the order, and that includes restringing. I took one quick peek to be sure the right thing had been sent, and I'm in love. :love: They are stunning and I can hardly wait for Christmas now. These are exactly the big girl pearls I was hoping for. Package is now rewrapped and waiting under the tree for me. :saint:

KojimaChristmasPearls_1497.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
DH just came home. He was shocked the package had arrived already. He asked if I had opened the box, and I told him, of course, we needed to be sure the right thing had been sent. He decided not to open the box himself again, so that at least one of us would be surprised on Christmas. :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HOLY CR@P, Flygirl! Those are stunning! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! Wow! WOW!

and LOL re "at least one" will be surprised on christmas day!

MoZo

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1292620134|2799803 said:
Thank you Gypsy, MoZo, HHPmom, WHB, Burberrygirl, 4RanchGirl, 4ever, LG, iLander, bean and lizzyann. The package arrived today. Less than a day after the order, and that includes restringing. I took one quick peek to be sure the right thing had been sent, and I'm in love. :love: They are stunning and I can hardly wait for Christmas now. These are exactly the big girl pearls I was hoping for. Package is now rewrapped and waiting under the tree for me. :saint:
Drool........................ FREAKING STUNNING. I would not have been able to put those back in the package. I would have slept in them if I could have. Love them you lucky lady!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot of my new mixed silver Tahitian rounds from Sarah at Kojima Pearl. And, today I called Jose at Tahitianpearls.biz and ordered a pair of round AA+ 7.7 mm medium gray with slight blue overtones Tahitian pearl stud earrings to go with my new necklace. Nothing I had at home would quite do and he carries the smaller sizes I was looking for. :bigsmile:

NeckShot_1506.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
GAH! Those pearls are so gorgeous! :cheeky:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! what a wonderful x-mas present!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl,
That's some necklace. Kojimapearl's photo did not do the strand justice. Your photo proves the neck shot is stunning. :love: :love: :love:
I really appreciate the close up showing its beauty. Thanks for sharing.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
That is one gorgeous tahitian necklace! You are wearing it well, love how it look on you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you MoZo, Gypsy, iLander, Sarahbear, HHPmom and megeve for you kind comments. I wore the necklace to work today with a black suit and dark grey top, and the necklace really pops against the dark background. I love the more medium silvery color, since it will look dark against a light background, and light against a dark background. I felt really smartly dressed with these pearls. The size of the pearls is just right...big enough to give them presence, but not so big that they call attention to themselves. The point is to look well dressed, and I feel absolutely great wearing these. :))

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1293664754|2809319 said:
The size of the pearls is just right...big enough to give them presence, but not so big that they call attention to themselves. The point is to look well dressed, and I feel absolutely great wearing these. :))

Well said. And wear them in good health. You go girl!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My new Tahitian pearl earrings from Jose at Tahitian Pearl arrived today. They are silver blue in color and 7.7 mm AA+s. As far as matching my new necklace, I'd say that Jose did very, very good. I had sent him a photo of my necklace, and then we spoke on the phone. He described the colors he had available and I opted for the silver blue color. I'm a fan of smaller earrings and these are exactly what I was looking for.

TahitianEarShot1590.jpg

TahitianEarrings1591.jpg

TahitianEarrings_1591a.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are a perfect match FG! :love: He really did a nice job for you! They are gorgeous!

I have got to talk to him about some blue Tahitians, as soon as I can figure out what to do with them. I don't think earrings, since they will hide in my darker hair, I already have a bracelet, and I don't care for pendants. Argh. The budget for a necklace (I only want roundish ones) will have to grow . . . Sarah has a strand that would be perfect, but too rich for my blood. I will have to come up with some kind of necklace design with only a few pearls, then talk to Jose. i've seen too many tin cups, though.

Ramble over . . .

I am STILL so jealous of that necklace, FG! It is gorgeous and really looks goooooood on you, chickie! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results